Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve got a legend. It’s very rugged and willlikely last you a while. Some dude here (I forget his name :/) is replacing the handgrip with tooled leather which looks totally awesome if you’re into customization. It does require a software update if the one you get has the 1.0 firmware and you need a windows computer to make it go. Do not lose the cable that comes with it. The port is very narrow and deep and not every cable fits. It will also take a 30mm atty, which is handy.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I’ve got a legend. It’s very rugged and willlikely last you a while. Some dude here (I forget his name :/) is replacing the handgrip with tooled leather which looks totally awesome if you’re into customization. It does require a software update if the one you get has the 1.0 firmware and you need a windows computer to make it go. Do not lose the cable that comes with it. The port is very narrow and deep and not every cable fits. It will also take a 30mm atty, which is handy.

If non mesh TC is the goal, or especially if heavy wire TC is the goal and someone doesn't want to risk it they might wait for another firmware update. I demand TC but I also just happened to want Legend for Themis mesh and the low mass mesh doesn't need high wattage to get to temperature, so I'm happy. But it's not really adjusting ramp up time with the wattage in TC.
It could be the limited wattage saving me in TC, but it's been very good with all my tanks. Just slow with non-mesh.

Got a couple of eagle stamps today.
Eagles_2829.JPG

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a Legend too and I like it a lot. I'm going to say pretty confidently that it might outperform the Voopoo mod as far as longevity. There have been two complaints that I've seen battery door being a bit hard to open (I haven't had a problem though and I am not what you would call manually dexterous.) I am thinking this may be mod specific. You will probably/possibly want to do an update on it, so if that's an issue, well.... I also have not needed to do an update on mine, but I bet if I did it would improve usability. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Myk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread