Looking for suggestions for small mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odge

Oct 3, 2018
Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions for a small single battery mod that fits easily in pocket. I currently use a smok priv 2 and I like the size but the battery door doesn't close very well and is constantly opening up on me when I'm handling it or in my pocket. Also I'm only able to get about 1/3 life out of my batteries, for some reason I'm getting the low battery alarm when the battery is at 3.7v.

Ive always used smok mods as the coils are easy to find but I'm open to try anything as long as it's a good product. I seem to be hard on coils as I only get about 2-3 days out of a coil before I have to start turning the wattage down to avoid burned taste. This is even with doing all the things that the internet says to do to extend coil life.

Anyways thank you.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
What are you looking to spend? Are you interested in a high end device? Do you only want 18650? Or is 2x700 devices something youd be into? Do you have any material preferences? With out any specifics this forum could list an easy 100 mods for you to look at. If you could help narrow down your searches it would make everything much easier.

Have you considered learning to use rebuildables? They can save loads of money on coils and tend to last longer between needing wicks. Coils can last weeks and longer with just a fresh piece of cotton here and there depending on your vaping style and juices.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
To genuinely solve your smok build quality issues you can improve matters with just about anything else. The low end of the high end would be the sandstorm with your current atty (it will fit). There are tricks I recall in another thread that can lower the price to about $65 shipped supposedly. I didn’t pay a lot of attention though. Something about their website and the checkout box and a newsletter. Or something.

Another device you may want to look at is an original ageis. This is (a lot) larger than your current mod but if you want something that will not break if you throw it into a mud puddle and then run a truck over it that is the device.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
SMOK coils are not known for their longevity. You don't say which SMOK tank you have but if have the Baby Beast, Big Baby or Big Baby Beast Light try using the Vaporesso GT Mesh coil in it, much better flavor and longevity. You might also try the Eleaf HW coils I hear good things about them.

For a small 2 battery (18650) mod that is not much bigger than necessary to house the 2 batteries and circuitry take a look at the Vaporesso Revenger family.

List of coils that are compatible with SMOK

SMOK TFV8 Compatible
* Eleaf ERL RBA
* Eleaf ERLQ coils
* Eleaf ES coils [100W Pick! - Impressive 140ml lifespan]
* Geekvape i1+i4 coils
* Horizontech DUOS coils
* Horizontech Arco A6 coils
* Horizontech Arco T6 coils
* OBS V OCCoils
* Sense Blazer 200 coils
* SMOK TFV8 coils

SMOK Big Baby Beast, Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast Light use the same coils
* Eleaf HW coils [30W Pick! - Consistent build quality]
* Eleaf HW-1 SS316 coil [TC Pick! - Only TC offering]
* E-XY T1 coils
* Geekvape Aero Mesh coils
* Geekvape iM1+4 coils
* iJoy XS coils
* Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
* Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do NOT fit 22mm tanks]
* Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [MTL Pick! - Only MTL offering]
* Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
* SMOK TFV8 baby coils
* Geekvape Aero Mesh coils
* Teslacigs H8 coils
* Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
* Vaporesso NRG coils the mesh coil will deliver the best flavor
* Vaportech M4/8 coils
* Vaptio Frogman coils
* WOTOFO FLOW coils [40W Pick! - No spitback]
Baby Beast coils, the Wotofo Flow and the Joytech Pro -C coils

The Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast, and Big Baby Beast Light use the same coils. The X-Baby or Brother has its own coils as does the TFV8 Cloud Beast.

The TFV12 Baby Prince uses the V8 Baby coils. The TFV12 has its own coils. The TFV12 Prince and Resa Prince both use the same coils.

There is a RBA for the Big Baby Beast but you will need the glass section for it. The RBA for the TFV8 Cloud Beast has its own RBA as well as the TFV12 and TFV12 Prince have their own RBA sections.

If you are not priming your coils this way you might try it to avoid burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread