Need a new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife knocked my Therion BF DNA75C off of the counter, and one of the contacts will no longer make connection, so I am in the market for a new one. My preference is for another DNA75/250C. The Therion is no longer available it seems. Are there any options out there that are easy to obtain and are not 3D printed?

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
So my wife knocked my Therion BF DNA75C off of the counter, and one of the contacts will no longer make connection, so I am in the market for a new one. My preference is for another DNA75/250C. The Therion is no longer available it seems. Are there any options out there that are easy to obtain and are not 3D printed?

Oddly enough, same happened to me and my beloved BF Therion won't fire up (short circuited?)....My Inbox is my main Mod. Wife felt bad about it and got me an Aurora...now the wait.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would second tailand's suggestion I was lucky enough to have a vape shop near me that had an electronics expert, who would repair most things I brought in, even if not purchased from them, and he fixed a lot of things that in my opinion were totally unfixable, for free. This sounds like it may be fixable so it might be worth your while to call around and ask. It can't hurt anyway.

Good luck, I don't have any DNAC devices so I wouldn't know what to recommend.

Anna

Reactions: QcVaper

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
If you can do without the color screen, I'd definitely recommend the VT inbox v3 as backup. I guess the Aurora is the follow up to the Inbox but, between the two, I prefer the Inbox. Maybe it's just me but I always have a back up mod and a back up atomizer around. It's hard enough to find the vaping products you like with the huge selection out there much less replace them immediately when lost, stolen, or broken. It's fairly cheap compared to other regulated mods out there and rock solid.

My Inbox used to be my main. Looked at replacing with the Aurora, at first, but ended up with a Spade 75C which I absolutely love. The Inbox is now my main backup or just something to have when I want to experiment with a build.

If you can find them, and can use an unregulated mod, the eleaf pico squeeze (not version 2) was my go to on-the-go mod, and designated last-resort mod due to it's ease of use, size (the wismec luxotic bottles are good replacements for the stock), and price. I also use this when I'll be in a questionable environment and don't want to risk my expensive mods.

Maybe all this backup talk is silly but I really can't stand the idea of not having a suitable vape available if my primary device is down or unavailable due to cleaning/rebuilding.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Have you checked ecf classifieds? I think I saw one there......shhhh
lol
:)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Iirc the Hcigar dna75c is the best thought of.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I don't see many mass prduced, DNA squonk mods that are not 3D printed. The inbox is probably your best bet, though it's not a color edition chip. I went with a USModz Stinger DNA75C (3d printed delrin) and have not regretted my purchase at all. I use it as my back up, or on the off chance I don't feel like running my normal lineup of mechs.

Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I've knocked off and dropped more mods than I can count. Quite often the issue was that the battery pushed/drove one of the battery contacts into the housing and it hung up which prevented the battery and the contact from making a solid connection.

I have become proficient at using a metal dental pick/tool to get between the contact and the housing and gently popping the contact back out. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread