Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Hey all. I am a new member but have been browsing the site for several months. The information provided here has been invaluable to my transition from traditional analog cigarette smoking to vaping. I know this is going to be a loaded question, but I want to ask it anyways. I currently have a Ego style setup that I have really enjoyed, but I am looking to upgrade. I know the obvious choices in VV are the Provari and the Darwin, but what is your favorite setup? I was also looking at the Buzz Pro. I see that it is ECF approved. Also what are the biggest advantages to each setup. I don't really have max price. Any advice would be much appreciated, and thanks again for everyone's knowledge and for helping me to stop smoking cigarettes. Today is my one month anniversary!:)

britshgigolo

Dec 29, 2011
uk
Hello nilbog I tried a few different e cigs started with an ego then got a screw driver then a lava tube then a bolt and finally a pro vari I mostly use the pro vari indoors and the dolt out and about so all in all it's not just about variable voltage but what you find suits your needs as for atomizers tried lots again but now use my odysseus with the pro vari and the genisses maxi on the bolt and find these suit me both so all you need to do is find what suits you

nilbog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't seen the Bolt yet. Good price too. I've heard good and bad things about the lava tubes. I probably should have mentioned this, but I have found that I like a standard resistance carto or atty. I don't like the lrs or the dual coils I feel there is too much throat hit for me. I like a cooler vape I guess. Does this mean that VV might not be the best choice for me?

britshgigolo

Dec 29, 2011
uk
The bolt is standard 3.7 volt and with the right set up performs as well as variable device with the rebuilderble atomizer you coil to suit your needs and if I do use a carto tank it would be at 4 to 4.2 volts so variable volt you can tweak to your need if that maks sence never tried a buzz but do like the look of them and sure will try one

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
. . . I don't like the lrs or the dual coils I feel there is too much throat hit for me. I like a cooler vape I guess. Does this mean that VV might not be the best choice for me?

No, it means that VV probably IS the right choice for you because it will allow you to crank the voltage DOWN to whatever level gives you the vape you like.

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
lavatube or lavatube mini with vivinova atty is a sweet setup. i think someone said their onsale somewhere for 52.00 or something. thats a great deal for the starter kit. after all the money ive spent, this is it for me.

Edit: i vape regularly, and the lavatube battery lasts about 1.5days ... And it comes with two. Wish I would have known the battery life was so good, i would have gotten the mini with a little less battery and smaller.

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I personally also just upgraded from the ego twist. I went with the provari. What convinced me was the consistent positive reviews and above and beyond customer service. Helps that the satin silver provari with a DCT looks awesome. Any choice I'm sure you'll be happy with. For me I went with the tried and true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread