Need Advice for Capella Purchase Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Anyone know what the shelf life is on Capella's? Just started using Vanilla Custard this week and I'm thinking maybe I should just order the 4 oz bottle as long as it would last a few months?

There are some other threads talking about flavor loss over time. Not really noted in "shelf-life" on these flavors. I have some that "mellowed out" to the point of being almost tasteless (even after switching to another flavor for a day and trying again). Some other flavors stayed strong. I have a theory about the flavor molecules breaking down on some flavors more than others. Never thought of this when I purchased my "kit" of initial flavorings. Anyway... I try to avoid large quantities of flavor now.

I think that I'll try to purchase month-to-month.

Just :2c:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I've been buying from Capella and doing DIY for 8 months and I've never experienced any breakdown of flavor. They're a large company and make flavorings for the food and beverage industry so I highly doubt their chemists use flavor molecules that break down quickly.

You've had Capella flavors become "almost tasteless" in a short time?

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I recall that Linda said Vanilla Custard could be used like Bavarian Cream, but that it was stronger.

Maybe use 75% as much when substituting?

I did just that. It is very, very good! I made it with 0mg nic. My base was 70/30 -- needed a little thinning, so added about 7% PGA. OMG, this could be an all day vape for me. Finally I found a juice I like besides bubblegum and Switched's Buttery Nipple. I like it so well, I probably should leave it at 0mg nic, LOL.

Thank you Ast_Isis for sharing your recipe!
Thanks MaxUT for helping me make the sub. of VC.

Color me one happy puppy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread