Need advice...maybe MVP 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

worseforwhere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
seven seas
Hey guys, looking to upgrade from my 1300 mAh ego w protank 2 setup. I'm pretty set on VV or VW, something i can adjust so no more burnt or weak hits. Also pretty set on it having both 510 and eGo threading as I only have one protank but multiple eGo threaded vivi style tanks. I was looking at the MVP 2 and it seems to be the winner so far, but i'm confused on the threading and couldn't find any pics of the threading at all. It says it has myriad threading (510 with most eGo fitting). Can anybody expound on this? Will my vivi type tanks fit securely on the MVP? Also, if anybody else has another PV i should look at please let me know! Cheers!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Good morning :) I have an MVP 2 and I can certainly answer this for you - Vivis fit quite well on it, the kit includes a beauty ring and you will want to use this with a vivi tank - makes it quite stable and looks nicer :) I love my MVP 2 - there are plenty of other great PVs also - but since I received mine, I havent put it down. It immediately became my #1 choice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The MVP has both eGo and 510 threads. Ego attachments fit directly on the MVP without the adaptor beauty ring, 510 attachments fit via using the adaptor. Easy peasy.

I had the MVP1, and just recently loaned it out pay-it-forward to a close friend who wanted to try vaping to quit smoking. I used it daily alongside my Provari's. It's a great device and I highly recommend one for you.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
What you pay is what it's worth. The MVP 2 is a great mod. It was one that I seriously looked at in my search for a VV. The only down fall is the fact that once the battery fails to hold a charge, it's toast. On tube style mods, you change out the batteries with fresh ones once they've used their stored charge, and when the batteries fail, one just buys new ones. The VTR (not released yet) is basically the MVP 3. It runs on an 18650 battery, which is replaceable. It's a really cool box mod with the tank secured on the side. If it been available when I was shopping for my VV, probably would of bought one had it been available. Looked at the pre-order in china, and it's been pushed back till the end of the month cost $120.

As far as ego threads on the devise goes, wouldn't let that be a deciding factor. 510 is what is used by most quality rba's and you'll probably out grow what you are using any ways, once you decide and are using your new mod.

I ended up choosing a Provari, and yes it's worth the price paid.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yes, a device that uses interchangeable batteries would be my recommendation. I looked at the lavatube, and it is a nice mod. I searched for a review on it, and the only on I found compared it to the Provari. Didn't even know what a Provari was at that point, just comments here and there like "it's no Provari". Any who started reading the review on the lavatube, had every thing I was looking for, almost decided to buy it, then continued reading the review about the Provari, in every comparison the Provari beat out the lavatube, Build, performance, durability, warranty, function, reliability... the only thing the lavatube had was a smaller price tag. A starter kit for the lavatube, device, batteries, charger, atomizer, and a bottle of juice was $143, starter kit for the Provari was $209. but no juice, figured if I'm going to spending $150 for a device like the lavatube, I better search some more. After a week or so of searching reviewing and finding that most every other device was compared to a Provari, and the more I searched the more I wanted it. so am now a proud owner of a Provari.

Not saying that you should buy one, just saying to find a quality build that will last you years, find what you want, and buy it regardless the price. Better to be happy with what you get, it's an investment into your own well being and health. And what you aren't spending on smokes, will more than pay for your device in a few short month. Would I recommend a Provari, YES. The only people that wouldn't are those that never owned one used one or touched one.

Now begins the tough part, search and decision, then the wait for the arrival of your choice.

Last edited:

amp79423

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX, USA
I was in kind of the same boat as you. I went with the itaste vv 3.0. It is variable voltage and wattage, but with a much smaller (800 mah) battery. However, it is a pass thru and uses micro USB to charge, so I can have it plugged in at the car and at the house. I just couldn't see myself using a box to vape, although many people on here swear by them. Whatever works for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Box mods are kewl, Really like the looks of the new VTR, but since it isn't out yet will have to wait. Doubt I'll get one, but may justify the purchase like xmas gift to self. Will have to see if it can hold a genesis rba or a Kayfun rba, if it does, .. that would be a selling point for me. plus it has a snazzy holster. lmao see, already trying to sell myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread