Need advice on equipment upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
I would recommand EGO twist VV battery, EVOD head (tank) small bottles of ejuice.

Get spare battery, extra EVOD cleros, replacement heating coils.

You should be happy with that.

If you are careful where you shop, You might even be able to get VAMO v3 with same setup like above for about 70 bucks. If you need some links let us know.

2 EGO batteries, chargers, 2 EVOD cleros, + replacement heads and some juice will be about 35 bucks.
2 EGO twists batteries, chargers, 2 EVOD cleros, + replacement heads and some juice will be about 60.

If you choose to get them shipped quick to you, they will cost more as its true with most online shopping.

Cheers

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi! I'd say (rather bluntly) that what you should look at is just an eGo battery and a clearomiser(s)

We have had discussion on here today about eGo-C and eGo-T and it's fairly pointless discussion. These "letters" only have any meaning when applied to a kit.

In this case (with Joyetech) eGo-C identifies a system that uses a separate atomizer and cartridge "tank" system. My opinion is this is outdated, poor and expensive. In fact, to identify this curious issue, let me say this.

In the UK, there is a bricks and mortar chain/franchise that sells the eGo-C system to 90% of new customers.
However, in the dozen shops I have visited NOT ONE franchise owner or shop assistant uses this system.

I say...buy a battery and either use some cartomisers or clearomisers. The route down the infamous "revolutionary tank system" is fraught with frustration, expense and disappointment.

I use eGo batteries (joye, riva, kanger) and both cartomisers and clearomisers. My favourite clearomiser at the moment is the Kanger mini Protank. I used to like evods and mini vivi novas, but they are all being replaced.

We don't have V2 (do we?) but I am sure it'll be another plastic stick system that charges far too much for refills/cartomisers.

I posted this only a few hours ago on a UK forum

Interesting fact of the day from the resident number cruncher....

If you smoke 20 B&H a day, you'll spend £2,900 a year on tobacco.
If you vape on a supermarket plastic stick, and want to match the nicotine yield of those 20 cigs, you'll spend £2,180 a year on refills.
If you vape on an eGo battery and fill your own stuff, you'll spend about £600..which leaves you plenty for the possible shiny illness that can catch the unwary.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I would recommand EGO twist VV battery, EVOD head (tank) small bottles of ejuice.

Get spare battery, extra EVOD cleros, replacement heating coils.

You should be happy with that.

Yes, why not.

Or a Vision Spinner and some glass clearomisers.

Anything like this is the best way forward. :)

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I also started with V2. I have loved it. I started with the batteries and cartridges as well. Soon after, I got their 'power cig' which plugs into the wall outlet and also bought a box of their EX Blanks (their version of tanks with 3 in each box) and filled them with e-juice. I got samples for relatively cheap from a few sites. EC Blends has small bottles for only $2.50/ea. I did it this way for a month before I upgraded and got a mod. If I didn't buy my mod, this is still the way I would be doing it as I never had to worry about batteries and the flavor and vapor with the EX Blanks was great. To be honest, still is still the setup I use for taking to work and occasionally around the house.

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
I have an ego-t 1100 right now, I have dozens of options of delivery devices I can use on it. I happened to like the old short ce2's so far but as 1 of mine got wet last night I'm going to try my hand at the twist which is variable voltage( my 1st) I don't think from my limited experience with ego's you can go wrong for a first step up. Some may send you straight off to something grander to supposedly save you time and money from their experience but sometimes walking through it slowly and feeling you learned as you went is more satisfying than just throwing a big wad of money at it and not knowing what the end result will be.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
What kind of life do you get from a 650mah battery? Should I go bigger for something that will last all day?
Consider 100 mah = about 1 hour of vap.
I usually keep 2 batteries with me through out the day and one usually carry me through ok. I just don't like the idea of running out. 650 mah is also very short , which helps me with it being short.

I would suggest getting one short and one long? Good idea ?

Cheers

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread