Need advice on new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix07013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
clarkston, mi, USA
Quick background. Quit smoking a while back thanks to vaping which quickly became a hobby more than a simple replacement for analogs. After I amassed a bunch of "stuff" I lost interest due to my unreliable setup. Recently, I found myself getting back to analogs so I came back. Got a couple of disposables which became quickly unfulfilling. I bandaged up my equipment hoping it'll last until I can find a more permanent replacement.
I am using a Sigelei Zmax i got in a coop. Like so many things, it was great while it was reliably functional. A couple of drops, tumbles and roll-offs, it developed some issues. Through this forum I found out the problems are possibly due to an inadequate spring, so I took it off completely. I am now running the small cap for a single 18650 with stacked 18350s and a new Nautilus . Instead of messing around too much I am simply ready to upgrade.
After a quick research day my head is spinning with all the hype about high wattage devices and that's where you all come in.
What do I get?
I am torn between going with the same form factor as the Zmax, I saw they make a 30w mod that uses a single 18650. I think however, I like the idea of a box mod with dual 18650s like the sigelei, or the ipv2, or the ipv3, or the cloupor, or... I just don't know. I am also curious about the ileaf but I don't think I like the idea of non replaceable batteries.
I am planning on going with RBAs more heavily than before. I used to be a tanked carto guy, with occasional dabbling in rebuildables, ViVi Novas and the like. I am really liking my Nautilus though and I am not interested in dripping rebuildables since I am ADD ridden and keeping track of more equipment would make me get a man-bag, sorry, Satchel. I'd like to say that money is no object, but I just don't really have a reason to justify the price difference between, for example, the IPV3, IPV2 and the sigelei 100w box mod since I never got into crazy sub ohm coils. Though I could. I need help. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Quick background. Quit smoking a while back thanks to vaping which quickly became a hobby more than a simple replacement for analogs. After I amassed a bunch of "stuff" I lost interest due to my unreliable setup. Recently, I found myself getting back to analogs so I came back. Got a couple of disposables which became quickly unfulfilling. I bandaged up my equipment hoping it'll last until I can find a more permanent replacement.
I am using a Sigelei Zmax i got in a coop. Like so many things, it was great while it was reliably functional. A couple of drops, tumbles and roll-offs, it developed some issues. Through this forum I found out the problems are possibly due to an inadequate spring, so I took it off completely. I am now running the small cap for a single 18650 with stacked 18350s and a new Nautilus . Instead of messing around too much I am simply ready to upgrade.
After a quick research day my head is spinning with all the hype about high wattage devices and that's where you all come in.
What do I get?
I am torn between going with the same form factor as the Zmax, I saw they make a 30w mod that uses a single 18650. I think however, I like the idea of a box mod with dual 18650s like the sigelei, or the ipv2, or the ipv3, or the cloupor, or... I just don't know. I am also curious about the ileaf but I don't think I like the idea of non replaceable batteries.
I am planning on going with RBAs more heavily than before. I used to be a tanked carto guy, with occasional dabbling in rebuildables, ViVi Novas and the like. I am really liking my Nautilus though and I am not interested in dripping rebuildables since I am ADD ridden and keeping track of more equipment would make me get a man-bag, sorry, Satchel. I'd like to say that money is no object, but I just don't really have a reason to justify the price difference between, for example, the IPV3, IPV2 and the sigelei 100w box mod since I never got into crazy sub ohm coils. Though I could. I need help. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

ADD huh , yeah you and me both lol. Well , after reading your post it's pretty apparent that if it wasn't for your troubles with the Zmax you would be happy , you don't sub ohm (most don't ) and it sounds like your perfectly happy with vaping in the range like most people with stuff like a Nautilus's etc...

I usually always recommend the MVP because it seems to be the one device that nearly everyone loves to death , scroll down and read some of the reviews for it at the link below , they are so convincing and many happily admit they own more powerful and expensive mods but use their MVP the most.

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

Bottom line is you need to know for sure what your vaping preferences are , without knowing that it's nearly impossible to recommend the right device. I should say that i also thought a higher powered device would provide a better vape so i obtained one .

Well after trying every type of build and variations with a few different RBA's and RDA's i realized that i actually got a better vape with much lower powered devices , specifically the MVP.

There will be a new MVP 3.0 soon and that one may dominate the market just like the MVP 2.0 has done for so long . The MVP is tough as nails , works great with Kayfuns, Nautilus , Vivi's , iClears Pro Tanks etc... and provides an absolutely stellar vape .

So good in fact that this was said about it in the "ask the veterans " forum :

IMHO, THE MVP IS VERY CLOSE TO A PROVARI IN VAPE QUALITY .

A bunch of the most experienced veterans on this site happily agreed with her .

Hope this helps.

The other devices i would recommend is a Vaporshark or Provari , since money is no object you said.

Last edited:

Phoenix07013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
clarkston, mi, USA
Thank you guys for the input. I was seriously considering the mvp but since the 3 is coming out I knew I would just get that down the road.
After spending some more time researching devices, prices, stores, etc. I threw it all out the window. Bought an ileaf on impulse from eBay for $35. So far it seems to be getting good reviews aside from the unregulated voltages . Only time will tell.
For the sake on tinkering and to keep my ADD occupied with a new toy, I'm still considering a higher power mod but I'll at least have something reliable until then. I'm playing around with micro coils and will likely get a kayfun type rba since I already have a couple genny types.
On another note, my zmax is working like a charm; it's jerryrigged, but it'll do. Go figure right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread