Need Battery Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire21

Sep 27, 2020
Hiya,
I am in need of advice as to which type of battery would best fit my vape setup.
My Setup:
Aegis Geekvape mod (uses 2 batteries)
Valyrian II Tank
Triple mesh coil (coil says best at 90-100w) I usually do 91w
6mg 50pg/50vg

My coils have only been lasting me about a week, which for me & for my usual vaping habits, is pretty quick. Old rigs and coils usually last 2 weeks ish. I always prime my coils when changing (inside-out) and try to never dry hit it or chain vape it too much.

Currently using 18650 3000mAh 3.7V batteries. "Continuous discharge current 20A" as per the text on the battery. Brand is Lithicore. Always married with the same 2 batteries. Always try to drain them fully before recharging them (drain the last bit of battery in my flashlight, so I'm not vaping with super low batteries to prevent vape juice leakage but also to preserve the life of the battery with full draining).

BUT What would be the best battery for my setup (Brand, mAh, A)? As specific as possible would be amazing. BUT Any tips in general are very appreciated.

Thanks!!

Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
You can always check mooch's tables in the batteries and chargers section of this forum. As you are using about 15A per cell, you could go that low, but Id think you'd get more runtime with less voltage sag with a 20A cell.

70969614-6177-4E80-9F9F-99DF532BCD75.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
It's bad to drain your batteries....if you want batteries to last then it's better to keep them working between 40% / 80% some say 30 /70 and other say 30/80 anyways for sure tho draining its not good for the battery health....also very important to charge with extrenal charger and lower amps....for example for those batteries u use 1amp is ok....and not charge inside mod but if u do try using half the amp that the manufacturer suggest or just check how hot your vape mod or the batteries get while u charge.... :rickroll: just advice ofc u do as u wish :)

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
It's bad to drain your batteries....if you want batteries to last then it's better to keep them working between 40% / 80% some say 30 /70 and other say 30/80 anyways for sure tho draining its not good for the battery health....also very important to charge with extrenal charger and lower amps....for example for those batteries u use 1amp is ok....and not charge inside mod but if u do try using half the amp that the manufacturer suggest or just check how hot your vape mod or the batteries get while u charge.... :rickroll: just advice ofc u do as u wish :)
most mods won't drain cells anywhere near their 2.5v cutoff.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd go to Mooch's blog he wants people to have the most update specs an he puts them there, so unless that table was pulled from there, which it very well might be.

IDK some coils just don't want to last long. Maybe put your least dark, sweet and etc. e liquid in there, and really, you could try unflavored?

It's frequently the juice and it sounds like you are doing what you can for it to not overheat. IDK.
Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread