Aegis Legend mod issue!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylantyqq

Sep 26, 2018
I bought an aegis legend mod about 2 months ago, was fine up till last week where the mod just won't turn on, it won't even charge, I plug in the usb and it's just black screen. Usually you would press the -+ buttons to check the firmware but mine doesn't show a thing. I even bought new batteries and same results. My mod is running v1.2-07 10. Any ideas?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I bought an aegis legend mod about 2 months ago, was fine up till last week where the mod just won't turn on, it won't even charge, I plug in the usb and it's just black screen. Usually you would press the -+ buttons to check the firmware but mine doesn't show a thing. I even bought new batteries and same results. My mod is running v1.2-07 10. Any ideas?

I've been looking at these but haven't decided to buy one or not. I saw on another forum last night, someone had the same issue. They did battery flipping and swapping as well, with no luck. I want to say they had to send it back for warranty repair/replace.

The only thing I could suggest to try is (if you haven't), plugging into your pc and see if it's recognized. If it is you could try a firmware update. Seems there's some QC issues with this mod, the firmware fixed a lot of things but not everything. I haven't found a clear cut answer but you could look to see if there is a hard reset button, the one you usually use a toothpick to press. I don't think it has one though, from what I've read.

All else fails, send Geekvape an email, I've heard the customer service/support is really good. They may have some tips for you.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The reset button is good advice which we should take note when troubleshooting any piece of electronics. Unfortunately not every electronic device has one which includes the Geekvape Aegis Legend.

@dylantyqq – Sorry to hear about your troubles. A device not booting up or even recognized by your computer leads me to believe there maybe a hardware fault in which case you will have to follow the RMA procedures. I do not know what they are.

There is a multitude of components needed to build what is referred to as the “chipset”, all of which are picked out of a bin. A small component such as an inductor or capacitor may pass their initial QC but could fail during prolonged use or under stress. It happens with even the best and most sophisticated of electronics. A tighter, more strict quality control ads cost to production which in turn ads cost to an end product. In order to stay competitive, manufactures have to sacrifice a certain level of QC so that their product is not priced beyond the reach or interest of your average consumer.

A Geekvape representative does frequent these forums. Perhaps post your issue in the Geekvape Aegis Legend thread where they have been known to respond. Link below.

Geekvape Aegis Legend

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
The reset button is good advice which we should take note when troubleshooting any piece of electronics. Unfortunately not every electronic device has one which includes the Geekvape Aegis Legend.

@dylantyqq – Sorry to hear about your troubles. A device not booting up or even recognized by your computer leads me to believe there maybe a hardware fault in which case you will have to follow the RMA procedures. I do not know what they are.

There is a multitude of components needed to build what is referred to as the “chipset”, all of which are picked out of a bin. A small component such as an inductor or capacitor may pass their initial QC but could fail during prolonged use or under stress. It happens with even the best and most sophisticated of electronics. A tighter, more strict quality control ads cost to production which in turn ads cost to an end product. In order to stay competitive, manufactures have to sacrifice a certain level of QC so that their product is not priced beyond the reach or interest of your average consumer.

A Geekvape representative does frequent these forums. Perhaps post your issue in the Geekvape Aegis Legend thread where they have been known to respond. Link below.

Geekvape Aegis Legend

Thanks for a clear answer on the reset button. I never could find out, everyone kind of glosses over it in posts, lol and I haven't seen a reviewer mention it. I guess it may not be that big a deal to many but to me it's up there with knowing what batteries a mod takes.

When I spoke of QC, I also meant no spurr to GV. It happens like you said with anything and even to the people that supply them. The only "big" thing I saw was at one time they had some come out with battery trays misaligned slightly. They still worked but could make it harder to remove batteries. They did jump on the problem though and responded to people extremely quickly. So I give them a thumbs up on that.

To the OP and not to hijack, before this issue though, how has battery life been on it?

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
When I spoke of QC, I also meant no spurr to GV. It happens like you said with anything and even to the people that supply them. The only "big" thing I saw was at one time they had some come out with battery trays misaligned slightly. They still worked but could make it harder to remove batteries. They did jump on the problem though and responded to people extremely quickly. So I give them a thumbs up on that.

Fully understand – just thought a little detail explanation on QC could be beneficial. Many of us, myself included, point a finger and speculate poor QC practices but we are not willing to pay for a higher level of QC.

The mods with misaligned battery trays must have been assembled on a late Friday afternoon prior to a holiday long weekend! Everyone was in rush to meet quota so they can get out of work and into the pub! :D

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

We are so sorry for the issue.
Please try if the firmware update works or not. If it doesn't work, please Email us, support@geekvape.com. Our support team is always there to help.
We will try our best to solve the problem.

Have a great day!

6FootFive

Oct 25, 2018
Portugal
I have exactly the same problem at the moment. Any news from your mod?
For what i've searched this is a fairly common problem with this mod, many people complaining it dies after the firmware update. My mod arrived 3 days ago and I was happy with it, it is very well assembled and tough. Yesterday I remembered to update the firmware, all went well until it simply did not turned on any more after that. I changed batteries, turned it to the power and it just does not give a signal. When I press the - /+ button no information appears but when I connect via USB it is recognized.
Help me please!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I have exactly the same problem at the moment. Any news from your mod?
For what i've searched this is a fairly common problem with this mod, many people complaining it dies after the firmware update. My mod arrived 3 days ago and I was happy with it, it is very well assembled and tough. Yesterday I remembered to update the firmware, all went well until it simply did not turned on any more after that. I changed batteries, turned it to the power and it just does not give a signal. When I press the - /+ button no information appears but when I connect via USB it is recognized.
Help me please!

Updating firmware on any device be it a Mod, mobile phone or even the Bios on your computer can be risky. Firmware updates generally do not employ any kind of error correction or checksum, so should a problem occur, like a dropped bit or delay due to high latency, it could render your device useless. Given your device is still recognized by the computer I would attempt the update again. I would even attempt loading a previous version firmware should the latest fail. Good luck!

6FootFive

Oct 25, 2018
Portugal
Updating firmware on any device be it a Mod, mobile phone or even the Bios on your computer can be risky. Firmware updates generally do not employ any kind of error correction or checksum, so should a problem occur, like a dropped bit or delay due to high latency, it could render your device useless. Given your device is still recognized by the computer I would attempt the update again. I would even attempt loading a previous version firmware should the latest fail. Good luck!
Thank you.
I think i've tried that, i've installed the latest file a couple times and nothing.. then tried to install the 1st update and still nothing. i only have 3 mods and this was was my favourite, i find it really well finished and durable, now there goes 50€ to the garbage.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Thank you for answering.
There are 2 firmware update files. I've installed both several times with no changes.
How can i go back to the original version? i don't think that's possible.
1) Put the batteries in and turn the Legend off
2) Press – and + together alone until the Firmware version appears on the screen.
3) Then with while still holding – and + and with the firmware version displayed, press and hold the fire button.
The screen will then show “Configuration Reset”

Last edited:

6FootFive

Oct 25, 2018
Portugal
Do you have another computer to try or perhaps a friends computer? After running the firmware app, does it say “Update Successfully”?

@Geekvape_Official did provide a support email address above, if not successful with another computer I’d drop them a line.
Yes it does say successfully/completed, something like that, and plays the sound of usb disconnecting.
I haven't tried on another pc yet.
I don't have much hope about consumer support and stuff, what can they do?

6FootFive

Oct 25, 2018
Portugal
1) Press – and + together alone until the Firmware version appears on the screen.
2) Then with while still holding – and + and with the firmware version displayed, press and hold the fire button.
I press the +/- button for several seconds and nothing happens (with batteries on of course).

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
1) Press – and + together alone until the Firmware version appears on the screen.
2) Then with while still holding – and + and with the firmware version displayed, press and hold the fire button.
How many hands does this require, 3 or 4 perhaps? And you also need another hand pushing on the USB plug to keep a connection while during this of course. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread