Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I just received my ProVari today and I went with the 18650 setup. I know the dangers of charging batteries unattended and carrying them around unsafely. I am wondering how you guys and gals safely charge and carry your big batts. I am looking at a LiPo Sack for charging and I think that is best from my research. Open to suggestions.

My biggest concern is a safe way to carry a spare batt. Any and all help appreciated.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
There are plastic cases to hold a pair of 18650 and other Li-ion battery sizes. I use 14650 (same length as 18650) and carry them in prescription pill bottles. These red bottles came from a vet.

021.jpg

Here's how I charge.

176.jpg

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
For charging, I use a little $10 Belkin outlet timer, chargers connected to a power strip running off of it. It provides positive cutoff after 3 hours, can also be set for 6 hours. Tap a button to start a charge cycle. The charger I use has a very low discharge rate when disconnected from power, negligible impact on the battery run time.

I looked at charger bags, picked one up but ended up paying it forward, passed it to someone else. It was just slightly inconvenient for me, I realized I wouldn't use it religiously, and safeties should always be used when you do something. If you have one, don't forget that the bag itself should be placed on a non flammable surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread