Need gentle throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
This is an unusual question or at least I have not been able to find much on it.

I am a long time ecig user who has found the 510 to be my main device and love it, no analogs for nearly a year and only a few in the 9 months before that.

My husband, however, has had a problem with all the different devices he has tried. We have tried the 801, 901, 510, and some others with various juices/mixes, but they all seem to give him too much throat hit, or at least that's how he describes it. He is heavy smoker of ultra lights, but all the ecigs he has tried so far, both vg and pg, have made his throat burn a little, or made him cough... sometimes more than a little. So he lays them down and goes back to analogs.

This is so frustrating to me, as with my ecip vaping, I would love to be stink free, but still tolerating the second-hand smell because after all, we shared it together for 36 years.

Any suggestions of perhaps something someone has tried that had a low throat hit, which I realize is NOT the usual goal here, but in his case might work for him.

Thanks in advance...

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
we have tried various nic levels for him, does not seem to make much difference. And tried vg also...

The issue seems to be a bit better with the 901, and some low low nic juice mixed with vg, but not by much, and of course the 901 is a bit of hassle for him, as for many of us, with all the battery changes through the day.

he is a golf course superintendant, so he is outside on a cart most of the day, and charges/battery changes get to be a hassle.

I am going to try an E9 for him maybe with some really low nic vg juice and just keep trying until we find something that works for him

He and I both tried other solutions, such as Chantix, which made us both hallucinate... and patches, gum, other meds, nothing has worked for me except ecigs and I am just hoping to find one that works for him

If anyone has a device or some juice that just not give them the good throat hit they wanted and they would like to sell/trade, just let me know.

thanks

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
In that there are so many here who complain about not enough TH, maybe you can get some gear/juice/tips from one of them ;)

Just kidding, I wish you luck in finding what you need!

For what it's worth, the Blu gives me the least TH of anything, but also the least Vapor, Battery Life, Cartridge Life, Customer Service and just about everything else too!

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I'm wondering, is he trying to direct inhale? If he pulls the vapor into his mouth and then inhales the vapor it may reduce the TH. I would still stick with the VG. If the modified inhalation helps, I would recommend getting him a battery mod, so he doesn't have to keep changing batteries all day.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
A lot of times vg juice that you order is thinned with alcohol to produce throat hit. I would suggest that you run by a drug store or Walmart and pick up some vg. It is very thick. I cut it by taking a 30 ml. bottle, put 6 ml. of distilled water in the bottle and fill the bottle the rest of the way with vg (add a little vg and shake repeating until the bottle is full). Periodically warming the bottle in a pan of hot water makes it easier to mix I have heard. I don't have a problem just mixing it. Grab one of the calculators on this site and Mix about 1 ml. to try. I think his throat hit is coming from the alcohol.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
+1 on the 801 @ 3.7...

You say you have tried juice that was "mixed" with VG, but have you tried "all VG" juice, or just straight VG (maybe thinned out with a little distilled water)? Some low- or no-nic ECOpure Krystal might do the trick.

Also, bear in mind that vaping does not work for everyone. My wife, for example, is on day 2 of "cold turkey". Again.

I'm just trying to stay out of her way, and to avoid eye-contact. :(

EDIT: Yep, Searcher beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread