Need help again please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I am still a newbie. Have the Reo Grand with a Cisco 306 2.0 atty. Still trying to get the hang of this squonking. My question is why does it seem like I am just sucking air at times? Getting very little vapor or taste? That happens about 75% of the time but then I will get a great hit with lots of vapor for about 4-5 hits. Can not figure why sometimes great and others lots of air? Same atty on it. Same juice. Using Domestic by Johnson Creek. This can happen even the same day I put on a new atty so I can not believe it is the atty is dirty. Don't know if I am maybe flooding my atty and then when it burns off is when I am getting the great hit or vise versa. If I am flooding it should I just continue to hit it and let it burn off or remove it and blow it out? Seems like I get better flavor and vapor using my eGo C with a vision clearomizer. Paid way more for my Reo and think it is just I am not using it properly. Please help!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
It does sounds like you are flooding it. Take it off and blow it out. Wipe the excess if any out of the catch cup. Screw the 306 back on and take a drag without squonking. You should get a good hit. If the hit is good then youmare flooding by squonking too long and hard. Clear drip tips on 306s are great as you can see the juice. It helps. Try squonking and looking in the catch cup. When you start to see the juice come out the 4 slots in the connector, stop. Take a drag without firing the mod. That will suck the juice up into the atty. now take a fired hit. Generally speaking it seems as though most people new to the reos over squonk. When the bottle is full of juice it doesnt take much to get the right amount of juice up to the coil. Hope this helps.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I am still a newbie. Have the Reo Grand with a Cisco 306 2.0 atty. Still trying to get the hang of this squonking. My question is why does it seem like I am just sucking air at times? Getting very little vapor or taste? That happens about 75% of the time but then I will get a great hit with lots of vapor for about 4-5 hits. Can not figure why sometimes great and others lots of air? Same atty on it. Same juice. Using Domestic by Johnson Creek. This can happen even the same day I put on a new atty so I can not believe it is the atty is dirty. Don't know if I am maybe flooding my atty and then when it burns off is when I am getting the great hit or vise versa. If I am flooding it should I just continue to hit it and let it burn off or remove it and blow it out? Seems like I get better flavor and vapor using my eGo C with a vision clearomizer. Paid way more for my Reo and think it is just I am not using it properly. Please help!

I do agree on the flooding, because it can cause low vapor, and taste.

I started off trying to squonk until juice showed in the catch cup. That did not work well for me. I do the blind squonk. Draw without firing and listen for a little gurgle. It won't take much pressure on the bottle. As soon as you hear the gurgle stop!!! Then draw and fire.

I never take my atty off if I do flood it. I will vape through it. Just stubborn that way and don't want to waste juice!

Those great hits you get are what you will have every time with just the right amount of juice. The 306 atty's are a little difficult to learn.

One thing I want to mention is when NOT to squonk. If you have taken a few draws and your atty is getting low on juice you will notice the vapor is less. Right then your atty is really hot! If you squonk then you run the risk of popping the coil. Just take a couple draws without firing to cool down the atty, then you can squonk.

Hope this helps!

FEEDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Geordieland UK
Only been using a reo, for just under a week, but I've used various feeders for nearly a year,
The best way to learn squonking, is to watch the drip well, or catch cup, you then get used to the pressure to put on the bottle,
If you keep your eye on the level in the bottle, before you squonk, you quickly learn to assimilate the squonk to the level of the bottle,
You'll honestly be able to do it blind, in no time at all
Hope this helps you a bit

Frank

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I agree about the transparent drip tips on the 306 - its a good way to see what is actually happening when you squonk. Over time, I think it is most desirable to master the "blind" squonk as this works reliably on just about any atty or carto.

One thing I really appreciate about my Chalice RBA is that is is just about impossible to flood - any excess juice runs right back down the tube.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
I do the blind squonk. Draw without firing and listen for a little gurgle. It won't take much pressure on the bottle. As soon as you hear the gurgle stop!!! Then draw and fire.

Hope this helps!

This right here. The "blind squonk" is the key to a perfect vape everytime! On non rba's. The key is draw while very littly pressing the bottle and stopping at the sligtest gurgle. It becomes second nature very quickly and provides the ideal amount of juice.

Good luck:)

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just to add an aside to the above posts, squonk until you hear a slight gurgle OR you feel a slight change in the pressure. Sometimes, it's the pressure, sometimes, it's the gurgle. I don't have a clue why it's not consistent, but I've learned to be aware of both and stop when either happens.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Thanks for all the info guys! I would love to get my hands on a chalice. But see it is near impossible to! I am even having trouble getting an ERA. They are sold out from the website. I would like to try a RBA and from what I have heard the ERA is pretty newbie friendly. Is there any other atty that is near impossible to flood? Besides the chalice? Maybe that is what I should shop for????? I am trying everyone's sugestions but it has been hit or miss. Guess I just have to give myself some time on it. Just ordered several different atty's. Two ikenvape's and another 6 cisco's. Gonna try some 510 and more 306's in different omh. Ordered the 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0's all in LR. Hope maybe trying these others may help also. Got some Boba's Bounty coming for the first time. Still been looking for my all day vape juice. Like to have a tobacco flavor for my all day regular juice but like the fruity flavors to use periodally through out the day on my eGo C.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the info guys! I would love to get my hands on a chalice. But see it is near impossible to! I am even having trouble getting an ERA. They are sold out from the website. I would like to try a RBA and from what I have heard the ERA is pretty newbie friendly. Is there any other atty that is near impossible to flood? Besides the chalice? Maybe that is what I should shop for????? I am trying everyone's sugestions but it has been hit or miss. Guess I just have to give myself some time on it. Just ordered several different atty's. Two ikenvape's and another 6 cisco's. Gonna try some 510 and more 306's in different omh. Ordered the 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0's all in LR. Hope maybe trying these others may help also. Got some Boba's Bounty coming for the first time. Still been looking for my all day vape juice. Like to have a tobacco flavor for my all day regular juice but like the fruity flavors to use periodally through out the day on my eGo C.

Are you trying the blind squonk?

It is good to try different attys since they do vary.

When you squonk it is usually only a second or two that you have to push on the bottle. Make sure you are not pushing too hard also. If you have a full bottle of juice it's a very quick action.

What percent of PG is your juice?

I would not suggest you try an RBA at this point. Too many variables.

That happens about 75% of the time but then I will get a great hit with lots of vapor for about 4-5 hits.

This statement you made makes me 100% sure your putting too much juice in the atty and flooding it. The hits with hardly any vapor and just seeming to be air happen because of flooding. When the amount of juice is less, and the right amount, you get the great hits.

How tight is the cap on the bottle? Only have it firm, not tight.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Have you got any cartos laying around? It's hard to flood those... Might be worth a try if you have them on-hand.

The Bobas will be very thick as you would imagine. Works fine but gunks up coils quicker than other lighter colored juices. Personally, I'm using a clone of Boba's but it is also 100% VG and gunks up coils quickly.

There is no one answer to all this stuff. McDonald's/BurgerKing, Coke/Pepsi/MtnDew!

You'll find the combo you like. Stay persistent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread