NEED HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My buddy gave me a vape of his, it’s an asmodus minikin 2 180w and I have this tank on it, not sure what brand it is but it won’t fire, everytime it just says “High Atomizer” can someone please help me fix this problem??
Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Is this your first attempt to stop smoking?
Please call your buddy and ask him about any problems he encountered. Perhaps he has more information about the tank as well.
If you could post a photo of the tank, tell us about the build/coil head (Ω,material-SS,Ti,kanthal) , the settings you have chosen on the minikin and the batteries you are using, the answers you get will be much more useful.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Jacobgarza5555

Oct 12, 2018
Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Is this your first attempt to stop smoking?
Please call your buddy and ask him about any problems he encountered. Perhpas he has more information about the tank as well.
If you could post a photo of the tank, tell us about the build/coil head (Ω,material-ss,Ti,kanthal) , the settings you have chosen on the minikin and the batteries you are using, the answers you get will be much more useful.

Cheers
I
I used to hardly ever smoke but I just thought it would be more convenient and safe to vape instead of smoking a cigarette every now and then and I can’t get in touch with my buddy (long story) but I would use it whenever I go over and visit him and we never had any problems.
image.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What wattage are you using? What resistance (ohms) is the coil? Is it a drop in coil or a coil that you made? What atomizer are you using?

I suspect bad coil connection, bad 510 connection.
I suspect he doesn’t know what you are talking bout with all those specialized words. Baby steps.

The tank has a coil of resistive wire in it that heats up making the vapor. The ohm rating is how resistive the coil is. Less resistive coils need more wattage. “High atomizer” is not a normal or at least common term is I have to guess what it means. My guess is that you have a high ohm(low wattage) atomizer coil and are trying to pump more watts through it than it can take so the mod is stopping you from hurting things. I don’t know though because there is so little information.

A picture of the atomizer would help because there’s a decent chance someone here can identify it by sight. This is mostly useful because it will give us an idea of what kind of coil you are running.

Jacobgarza5555

Oct 12, 2018
What wattage are you using? What resistance (ohms) is the coil? Is it a drop in coil or a coil that you made? What atomizer are you using?

I suspect bad coil connection, bad 510 connection.
The wattage is set at 5.5, and I’m not sure what the resistance is, and I think it’s a drop in coil, and I’m also not sure about what kind of atomizer it is. I am very new to vaping so half of what your saying doesn’t make sense to me, all this was just given to me for free so I wasn’t going to decline it, but I can send as many pictures if that will help you help me!

Reactions: stols001

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
The wattage is set at 5.5, and I’m not sure what the resistance is, and I think it’s a drop in coil, and I’m also not sure about what kind of atomizer it is. I am very new to vaping so half of what your saying doesn’t make sense to me, all this was just given to me for free so I wasn’t going to decline it, but I can send as many pictures if that will help you help me!
Can you take the coil out and see what it says on the side? It should hopefully have ohms and suggested wattage. Also, can you put a picture of the tank, with the brand name showing? 5.5 watts is really low

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Heh. Well now we know why it was free. You’re going to have trouble getting replacement coils. I believe they pretty much stopped making that type. That’s not even a coil cartridge, it’s a cartomizer. Gift horses and all that though. It’s almost certainly kanthal as I don’t think they even made those in ANY temperature controlled metal types, so tc won’t work at all. You want power mode.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The mod is great tho. Get good batteries from here also.
I concur. It’s possible the easiest thing to do is get a new atomizer to replace That antique. Maybe wander into a vape shop for a replacement atty and make them teach you how to set it up. The most expensive bit is the mod and you’ve got a decent one which is good news.

As for batteries the basic rule is never buy rewraped batteries. Which is to say basically all off brands. Read mooch’s blog for complete info. You will probably also eventually want a charger which is a good hole other discussion, but can probably wait

Last edited:

Jacobgarza5555

Oct 12, 2018
Heh. Well now we know why it was free. You’re going to have trouble getting replacement coils. I believe they pretty much stopped making that type. That’s not even a coil cartridge, it’s a cartomizer. Gift horses and all that though. It’s almost certainly kanthal as I don’t think they even made those in ANY temperature controlled metal types, so tc won’t work at all. You want power mode.
So is there no way I can use this right now? I’d have to get a replacement coil to use it?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So is there no way I can use this right now? I’d have to get a replacement coil to use it?
It may still work. The cargo will eventually wear out though. The confusion atm is what high atomizer means. 5.5v should be ok unless it’s actually too low. Maybe run it up to 8 and see what happens

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Several places still sell them... doesn’t mean they should, but they do

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
It may still work. The cargo will eventually wear out though. The confusion atm is what high atomizer means. 5.5v should be ok unless it’s actually too low. Maybe run it up to 8 and see what happens
I can run a 1.8 at 12 watts. Maybe try cleaning off the 510? That’s the nipple looking thing on the bottom of the tank. And run a qtip in the hole in the mod the tank screws into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread