NEED HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I've kept everything so far unless it just broke then I threw it out. I was digging through a box last month and found 5 new packs of Ikenvape cartos.
This got me looking for old stuff and pictures. I mostly used mechmods back then and all but 2 of them fell victim to being dropped on the button. The ones that survived were my favorites though. I still have a few old 3 post 22 mm RDAs.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
By the way, cartos still sell well on the Classies, depending on the brand and what ohms they are. Anyone who wants to unload theirs could probably easily do it there.

It's a shame though that everyone can't access the Classies. Quite a few "old time vapers", who still love and use cartos, have posted about having a hard time finding them for less than a ridiculous price now.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
@Jacobgarza5555

I was fussing at my computer while reading page 1, and then pages 2 and 3...wanting to tell you that you definitely didn't have a cartomizer at all. I wasn't able to respond though because my computer was updating and making it lock up off and on.

The iClear 30s clearomizer will give you a decent vape, with a new coil in it. The guy who "gifted it" to you probably was trying to use the same 1 for way too long, and he damaged that bottom little pin.

FastTech still has the coils, in several different resistances. Personally, I'd at least hang on to the iClear 30S as a back-up for emergencies, if/when you get a new tank. Just get a box, or 2, of the coils.

$6.52 Authentic Innokin Coil Head for iClear 30s Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Those were my favorite tanks back then. Everybody loved the PT2 but i never had good luck with those. The 30S rarely flooded or spit and produced really decent vapor. They went to the bottom coils after that and I didn't like those at all.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
By the way, cartos still sell well on the Classies, depending on the brand and what ohms they are. Anyone who wants to unload theirs could probably easily do it there.

It's a shame though that everyone can't access the Classies. Quite a few "old time vapers", who still love and use cartos, have posted about having a hard time finding them for less than a ridiculous price now.
I used cartos for a bit. I had a couple cartotanks and also dripped on them. Then I bought an igo w and never looked back. I see a few folks here and there asking about where to get cartos and tanks. Shame people are gouging them on prices, not surprising though

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

Remind me tomorrow, I’ll send you a picture. If you know someone who wants them, they can have them. It’s just a handful

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I used cartos for a bit. I had a couple cartotanks and also dripped on them.

There are quite a few of us who have a large stash of them. Many bought them in the last 1-2 years (since the 2016 FDA "garbage"), when we found them for dirt cheap...like $.99-$3.00/box of 5! Most figured if/when the need ever arose, we'd have them, and would always be able to vape, even if it wasn't with more modern gear we'd become accustomed to using regularly. Also, because of our "stashes"...some of us have been able to help out some of those old time vapers having financial problems while trying to find some so they could keep vaping.

Last edited:

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
There are quite a few of us who have a large stash of them. Many bought them in the last 1-2 years (since the 2016 FDA "garbage"), when we found them for dirt cheap...like $.99-$3.00/box of 5! Most figured if/when the need ever arose, we'd have them, and would always be able to vape, even if it wasn't with more modern gear we'd become accustomed to using regularly. Also, because of our "stashes"...some of us have been able to help out some of those old time vapers having financial problems while trying to find some so they could keep vaping.
Love the way folks here help each other out. I hit some hard times recently and people helped me a lot without me even asking. I'm strictly wick&wire anymore. If there is ever a need for wire any gauge or metal I can definitely help out there. I have more than 300 feet of the stuff. More than I'll ever need.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I am late to this party but to the OP, a few things. Glad you decided to replace your tank it's going to be less of a headache all the way around. I am going to agree with who suggested an Innoken Ares, it's a really hassle free tank and a MTL tank which means it's going to be similar (probably although better) than when you vaped your pal's setup while it was still working. Coils are cheap, it's a substantial (4 ml tank) and it is going to look super nice on your Minikin. Which is a great mod, by the way.

Secondly, don't rush yourself. You are a beginning vaper, so take your time to find the right tank for you, at the right price and it most likely will NOT be the end of the world if you keep smoking for a few days, so don't panic.

Third, I hope you keep coming back to ECF it's a great place to trouble shoot and gain more information generally and if you DO have issues with any of your gear it's a fine place to come for more information.

And you really did get a lovely mod to put your new tank on top of. I hope vaping goes well for you and once you get the setup you need going, I'm sure you will do well. So I hope you report back and welcome :)

Anna

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Well I am late to this party but to the OP, a few things. Glad you decided to replace your tank it's going to be less of a headache all the way around. I am going to agree with who suggested an Innoken Ares, it's a really hassle free tank and a MTL tank which means it's going to be similar (probably although better) than when you vaped your pal's setup while it was still working. Coils are cheap, it's a substantial (4 ml tank) and it is going to look super nice on your Minikin. Which is a great mod, by the way.

Secondly, don't rush yourself. You are a beginning vaper, so take your time to find the right tank for you, at the right price and it most likely will NOT be the end of the world if you keep smoking for a few days, so don't panic.

Third, I hope you keep coming back to ECF it's a great place to trouble shoot and gain more information generally and if you DO have issues with any of your gear it's a fine place to come for more information.

And you really did get a lovely mod to put your new tank on top of. I hope vaping goes well for you and once you get the setup you need going, I'm sure you will do well. So I hope you report back and welcome :)

Anna
Ares? Not Zenith?

Reactions: stols001

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Ares? Not Zenith?
No, she meant zenith. Ares is the RTA by the same company ( the kind where you have to build and install your own coils). We both use both of those tanks. Id start with something you can drop a coil in, then learn to build when you figure out what kind of tank you like

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
No, she meant zenith. Ares is the RTA by the same company ( the kind where you have to build and install your own coils). We both use both of those tanks. Id start with something you can drop a coil in, then learn to build when you figure out what kind of tank you like
I know - which is why I asked. :)

Think she might’ve broken her Ares anyway. ;).

• Agree

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Different ares, but yes... tanks can break. I’m particularly hard on things, and I can’t seem to destroy the zenith. Plus, it gives you a wide range of air flow which will help you figure out what you like. In 10 or so years I’ve owned countless tanks. They can be cranky (like yours last night), difficult to fill, leaky... fill in the blank. I actually have 5 zeniths in my pile of tanks. It’s one of the easiest, problem free tanks out there right now. Especially for a beginner. Whatever you end up getting, just don’t get anything Smok. They have zero quality control, break quickly, despite their popularity in vape shops. We want to see you succeed. Hopefully no more frustration like last night. You have a good mod, but if you want to start with something a little more user friendly, you might consider a kit like this: Kroma A Mod with Zenith Tank Starter Kit by Innokin

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Also, I want more than partial credit, I broke BOTH my Ares. One was kinda (what am I saying ENTIRELY) my fault because I picked up my mod by the tank and it well, didn't like it so it broke in half.

The other one, I touched one of the posts like, super gently I AM NOT claiming credit for that one. It was like a day later.

Anna

Reactions: sdennislee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread