Need help choosing cotton types!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
SoCal
I use the organic cotton balls from Whole Foods. It's like $3.00 for a bag of 100. I've yet to even get through 1 cotton ball and it's been a month. Not even half of it is gone w/ changing it out every other day. :D

I got these 'cause they roll out (they look like little hay bales) and I can cut them to the desired length needed. No boil was required - it was a clean tasting vape compared to the other stuff I used.

Just in case you'd want to know for some reason... Not on a Reo, but a Bogger Box. :) 1.2 ohms w/ 30ga Kanthal on a modified Squid clone atty deallie.

Best wishes!

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I also use organic cotton balls from the health food store--the ones that look like little marshmallows and are rolled like hay bales. It's so easy to pinch off a circle of wick of the appropriate thickness off them. I don't boil them and they last me a week or more at a time with my lightly flavored DIY 50/50. I also don't notice any cotton taste, even for the first few vapes, but I use very thin strips and only wet/twist the first 1/2" which is cut off after threading through the coil.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
This stuff is all I've really ever used, except for a brief stint with Nextel :)
CVS Rolled Cotton - CVS pharmacy

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun :)

THIS! Thanks to SXD's recommendation, I got a box of this and have been happy ever since. No boiling required and ZERO cotton taste (which I had found from multiple other cotton sources).

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
I recently switched from silica to cotton. I like most got the organic cotton balls. They work great although I will say less is more with them. If your wick is to dense all you will taste is cotton. If it's to thin you will have to squonk more often. The good news is it's cheap to experiment with them. I also tried sterile cotton gauze thinking it would work but I could never get the cotton taste to go away on it.

As a heads up though using cotton the first 3 or 4 puffs taste like cotton. Keep squonking it and it will go away and give you a nice clean taste. I only change mine when it gets to gummed up or I change coils or flavors.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I also use these...
Organic-Cotton-Balls.jpg

That $1.00 investment should last me the rest of my days.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
I've used CVS rolled cotton and CVS organic cotton balls. I like the balls better (insert wise cracks here). The rolled cotton seemed to give me a cotton taste for a long time. I get none from the organic cotton balls. Also, the balls seem easier for me to work with (another opportunity for you to make a funny).

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
I've used CVS rolled cotton and CVS organic cotton balls. I like the balls better (insert wise cracks here). The rolled cotton seemed to give me a cotton taste for a long time. I get none from the organic cotton balls. Also, the balls seem easier for me to work with (another opportunity for you to make a funny).

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ok I'm done now I'll leave it alone although I am sure the others won't. lol

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA

tumblr_l2zqf5EO0T1qb8jxl.jpg

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
It is impossible to find this type of rolled cotton in Germany and I won't import a carton of cotton =) So I have been using common organic cotton balls so far, like one would use for cosmetics.
But a nurse gave me a hint to try dental cotton rolls (they are used as tampons during dental surgery) because they can hold more liquid. Did anyone try something like dental cotton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread