Need Help Coil Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkycheez85

Dec 4, 2016
Hi everyone.
Okay, so I am waiting on a package in the mail containing the Tesla Invader III. I have in my possession a doge V3 rda, a Tsunami rda, and a Tugboat rda.
Well, whenever i get my mod in the mail, im wondering what atty i should use, along with what build I should put in it (all i have is a ....load of 24g kanthal) preferably around .2 - .1 ohms.
Thanks a lot in advance for the help

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I recommend getting off the bandwagon about low ohms.. stick to 0.2ohm as a absolute minimum... with a regulated mod, it's all about balance and proper builds.

There is no reason, none, nada, zero to aim for uber low resistance that can end up in a bad situation.

You can absolutely have great vaping at higher ohms. I can go from 0.2 to 0.9 ohms with virtually no difference in vaping quality, amount of vapour, etc. It's all about approach, balancing your wattage and such.

If you're using a mech mod, it's even worse to even consider aiming at those uber low ohms as you could easily end up with a bad situation with venting or worse with your battery.

Read up on ohm's law and such.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Monkycheez & welcome
In answer to your first question I would suggest starting with the following attys;
Doge V3 rda
Tsunami rda
Tugboat rda
They will all fit on the Tesla and all work fine.

As to the build I'd suggest starting with a single coil as they tend to give more taste than doubles, the latter give larger vapor clouds. Use a coil calculator (steam engine's) on the internet to figure out the best size and number of wraps to provide the resistance you are looking for.

Like Imafallenangel I'd also suggest shooting for 0.20 to 0.30 ohms (or higher) to start. That would have you vaping at around 40 watts give or take, which for me is where I like to be. Going to low in resistance you are just asking for problems, problems which as a new vaper you don't need.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Why are you aiming for such a super-low resistance on a regulated mod?

It makes no sense whatsoever...
It really doesnt...especially with a single coil. As for duals, you would wind up with so much metal to heat, that you would just have to increase power to much and burn through your batteries.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Indeed - I can only think that a lot of people presume that Low Resistance Coils = Big Clouds because of misinformation that has it's roots in the early mech device era where the only way to pull large amounts of power was to build coils of low resistance.

Obviously, with regulated mods with boost circuits in them, this isn't the way to build efficient coils. It's much better to use wire of a thinner gauge with more wraps, giving a much greater surface area, higher resistance, faster ramp-up time and also faster cool-down time.

Making huge-.... coils with thick wire and low resistances is like the total opposite of what to do to get the best vape experience from a regulated device.

monkycheez85

Dec 4, 2016
Indeed - I can only think that a lot of people presume that Low Resistance Coils = Big Clouds because of misinformation that has it's roots in the early mech device era where the only way to pull large amounts of power was to build coils of low resistance.

Obviously, with regulated mods with boost circuits in them, this isn't the way to build efficient coils. It's much better to use wire of a thinner gauge with more wraps, giving a much greater surface area, higher resistance, faster ramp-up time and also faster cool-down time.

Making huge-.... coils with thick wire and low resistances is like the total opposite of what to do to get the best vape experience from a regulated device.
My main goal is to get the most that i can get out of the mod that I've ordered (as far as high wattage/cloud chasing).
Considering that it's a variable voltage device, i want to put a low resistance build in it so that the wattage would be calculated out to above the 240w "limit" marketed by tesla.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My main goal is to get the most that i can get out of the mod that I've ordered (as far as high wattage/cloud chasing).
Considering that it's a variable voltage device, i want to put a low resistance build in it so that the wattage would be calculated out to above the 240w "limit" marketed by tesla.
You won't get that much power out of two batteries safely.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada

Then you need to learn a LOT...

More wattage, lower ohms does not mean "cloudzzzzz", it means that the person is clueless about building properly.

It's about wire surface, it's about balance...and also, more cloudzzzz does not mean more flavour.

Build right, you can fog a room up with a coil that doesn't need more than 45-70W.

The hype of high wattage and low ohms has simply been a really bad thing that the mod manufacturers have gone with because it saw that lots of clueless people jumped on the bandwagon.. and that's where the money was.

The only thing that you'd get as high wattage and low ohms like you believe.. is a faster dead battery, nothing more.

Look at it as the guy that "rices" his Ford Focus with the three feet wing, putting in low shocks that the bumper touches the grounds, puts on spinning hubcaps, glues the fake air-intake on the hood, puts up tacky neon LEDs all over it, etc. then thinks that he's got a "sweet" ride, when all he has is a lame clown car that looks like a joke. His car doesn't go any faster, looks horrible, drives terribly.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
"That's not how this works - that's not how *any* of this works!"

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
240 watts[emoji16] .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread