Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You are right, BTW.

3mg/ml strength of nicotine eliquid is the same as 0.3%, not 0.03%.

Therefore 2mg/ml strength is the same as 0.2%, not 0.02%.

BASE eliquid 0mg = 0mg/mL = 0%
    BASE Nicotine™ 3mg = 3mg/mL = 0.3%
    BASE Nicotine™ 6mg = 6mg/mL = 0.6%
    BASE Nicotine™ 12mg = 12mg/mL = 1.2%
    BASE nic salt 24mg = 24mg/mL = 2.4%
    Nicotine Solution 48mg = 48mg/mL = 4.8%
    Nicotine Solution 100mg = 100mg/mL = 10%
    Pure Nicotine 1000mg = 1000mg/mL = 100%
    Source: Understanding Nicotine Strengths

Another...
    Percentage vs. mg nicotine strengths

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm thinking of buying a bit of bulk juice for stock.
    If a juice is listed as 3mg nicotine regardless of size of container, what size container are we talking about?
    How much flavor for a liter of juice? I menthol only.

As others have said, get 100mg of nicotine base. If you just want a plain menthol taste, TFA Menthol will be your best bet. It is really potent, so start by using it at 0.5% and add more if needed.

Here's a rough idea of your recipe at ELR:

menthol.jpg

This is for 1L of finished product. This only uses 30ml of your 100mg nicotine base. That would mean that if you bought 1L of 100mg nicotine base, you could make over 33 litres of ejuice at 3mg strength

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2016
    As others have said, get 100mg of nicotine base. If you just want a plain menthol taste, TFA Menthol will be your best bet. It is really potent, so start by using it at 0.5% and add more if needed.

Here's a rough idea of your recipe at ELR:

View attachment 873615

This is for 1L of finished product. This only uses 30ml of your 100mg nicotine base. That would mean that if you bought 1L of 100mg nicotine base, you could make over 33 litres of ejuice at 3mg strength
    . Thank you. That is very helpful

Reactions: AngeNZ

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Will 1/2 liter of nic base in a 16 oz glass bottle leave enough room for expansion when put in the freezer?

Nic base doesn't expand like water does. That's why people successfully store it in glass in the freezer. PG-based nic base doesn't freeze solid. Neither does VG-based nic, merely get's thick.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2016
    Nic base doesn't expand like water does. That's why people successfully store it in glass in the freezer. PG-based nic base doesn't freeze solid. Neither does VG-based nic, merely get's thick.
    Thank you. I’ll get it figured out some day. I really appreciate everyone’s help

Reactions: Letitia

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Will 1/2 liter of nic base in a 16 oz glass bottle leave enough room for expansion when put in the freezer?

Should. Just fill to the bottom of the neck, not all the way to the top. And when the time comes to pull it out for use, let it come to room temp before opening, to avoid any water condensation into the nic.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    For a convenience factor it is nice to leave a little bit of a gap at the top so that you can shake it to redistribute the nic. You dont want to open the frozen or very cold nicotine that has been in the freezer into the ambient room air until it has become room temperature first. For convenience sake I always leave a little bit of a gap at the top so that I can shake it. Originally when I was asking about storing nicotine I was also told that I need to leave room for expansion but I have not seen any expansion in any of the products I have however I am happy that I left that room again just to shake it. You may want to get yourself a good little app that will help you with your percentages and everything I find it valuable because I'm terrible at math

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    For a convenience factor it is nice to leave a little bit of a gap at the top

Agreed, and that's what I was referring to when I recommended filling to the designated amount. In my case, 125ml leaves a bit at the top. Most bottles will hold at least 5ml more than what they say.

Resist the temptation to fill, and take the time to measure it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread