Need help finding a new PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
This is my first post but I've read enough to feel as though I've been here a while.

I started three weeks ago with the Blu cig, and of course I was still smoking just a few analogs because it just wasn't cutting it for me. I then got a 302 from NicStick and this has come the closest to hooking me up. When I drip directly onto the atomizer I get the best results but finding an atomizer that doesn't heat up too quickly and doesn't break has been a challenge. I have smoked one cig in the past 13 days and it tasted absolutely horrible. I'm not going back to that.

I know that I'm hard on ecigs. I chain-vape and I want the nicotine NOW... all day long. I know that this will taper off eventually but I need to find a DEPENDABLE system that can take a beating. I've gone through four atomizers and am getting nervous about my last three. I've boiled, soaked in alcohol etc... but I just end up with atomizers that have smoe to a lot of vapor and ZERO throat hit or an atty that feels like the surface of the sun after a few minutes. That doesn't cut it for me.

Before, I was a two to three pack a day smoker. My wife and oldest son also smoke. Between all of us I was spending $850 in cigarettes a month. That is a sin and I've known for a while that I need to quit. My wife quit cold turkey ( I hate that she can do so so easily), my son is on the Blu cigs, which work for him very well, and I am using a 302 which I directly drip. It's just the consistency that I'm not getting.

I don't mind spending the money for whatever is good out there for a heavy ex-smoker b/c no matter what I spend, it'll be less than what I used to spend on cigs. I just want a unit that will stand up to some abuse.

BTW, I tried a standard 510 b/c I saw they were popular here and I have to say that to me it seems very weak. It may be the manufacturer I got it from but it was pretty close to sucking through a drink straw for me.

I want a sturdy dependable model that'll give me a throat hit from hell. I won't whine about it being too "strong". Flavor is only a bonus not a necessity.

Thanks everyone, I'm very glad to be on this forum.

Last edited:

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
Hello Rick, Welcome to ECF.

You may want to go to a bigger batter IE ego style or even an E-power for the consistent 3.7V hit. The other option is stepping up to the mods at a higher voltage. I personally do not like attys and dripping. I am currently using the got vapes fluxomizer and really like those (still deciding between the Boge 2.0 and these). I am happy without the mod voltage myself but others say it is the only way to go. I currently am using the Riva 1100Mah PV.

For stronger flavors you may like Perique tobacco or good RY4. Check out the E-liquid review forum here for a lot of info on liquids.

MiXoLoGiSt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
SoCal
I would suggest the e-power. Those are a 3.7v regulated device so it will perform probably the best for you with good clouds of vapor. As x-smok3 said, you could also get into the world of High Voltage MODS which are 5v-6v and get even more vapor and flavor. Mods are generally pretty big though so if you are still looking for something kinda small go with the e-power.

e-power can be found here: http://www.madvapes.com/e-Power_c_231.html

Gotvapes and Hoosierecigsupply also carries the e-power

Last edited:

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Welcome Ricks! You are doing really well, congrats.

IMHO because you were such a heavy smoker I'd concider going straight to higher voltage MODS. As a 1-2ppd smoker for 27 years I can say that higher voltage was the key to my success. You will probably find the same for you.....

You want something that will take a beating and last.....I use the Reo Grand at 6V. The Reo is a machined piece of 6160 T-6 aircraft aluminum, fully mechanical mod... Meaning you can't break the body EVER and there is not much to go wrong...It will last a life time. The batteries are rechargeable and the juice rides along inside 6ml bottle so you don't have anything to mess with.

There are a lot of great MODS out there...Provari...Darwin....GLV....Buzz...Infinity......
You will have to choose what fits your lifestyle best but I'm sure you will do well at higher voltage.

Good luck!

@ricksinvest

I agree with x-smok3, upgrading to an ego battery could be a great option. You could check out the ones with a built-in USB pass-through so that you can still use it while charging. A good option for atomizers is a dual coil cartomizer. These cartomizers give nice flavor and throat hit, and are much cheaper than atomizers.

You may also try going to a higher nic level for your e-liquids. This gives more throat hit, and will most likely provide you with the nicotine you crave at a much faster pace.

Hope that helps :)

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
That's what I love about this forum. Great suggestions from people who know.

For me, I'm going to seriously look at the Reo Grand for around the house. That looks like a DEVICE, it's huge!! No way I would be lacking with that thing.

For work though I think I'm going to order the E-Power starter kit with a drip tip. I'll try cartridges and if those do good for me I'll have them for the car for sure. I like dripping though it seems to work best for me... I just need to get the TH, if that happens consistently, I'll be happy.

I am attracted to that Reo though.. 6ml of liquid no way I'll think about analogs with that thing around.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Cartomizers. I only use atomizers for testing juices and vaping a few that are thicker than I will put in cartos and a few that I rarely vape but like occasionally. 95% of my vaping is with my 2 main cartomizers that have contrasting flavors. Cartomizers are a continuing expense but every one has its own atomizer. I use thinenr juices, 20% VG or less though some have managed to use higher VG in dual coils.

Long battery life - how a about a passthrough? Can you vape off power? If not, then I don't know if anything will last a chain vaper all day if you use extreme LR atomizers or cartos. The lower the ohms you use the faster it will use up battery charge. Maybe something like an E-power or other mod with the removable industrial type batteries that are charged in a separate charger. Not sure what the most mah are you can put in that. But it would not take much room at all to carry a couple of extra charged batteries. Not sure what E-power takes but 14500's are just a big larger than AA batteries. There are also some mods with a built in juice bottle but they are usually small box mods - you may be able to 900mah of charge into them?

Or if you don't want a mod you could try to find high mah batteries of the new Riva 510 model that is 3.7v - ask Liberty-Flights.com what their largest Riva 510 battery is that is the new higher voltage model. The basic kits are cheap - if you have pressed the 20% off upper left front page, then a Riva 510 Lite Bundle is under $30 for 2 complete 750mah Rivas and as far as I know all of their current kits are the new higher voltage model. Or go with Joye Ego - it is lower voltage but a more even plateau of voltage.

If you do not want a fat battery model or a mod, then the largest I know is Vapor4Life XL size. Around 350mah (Volt model claims 420mah) and though you can't use LR stuff on a slim ecig it has plenty of hit with their WOW cartos with some of their WOW juices (not kidding). It's a KR808D-1 so it's a real 3.7v device. You could also check the SmokelessImage Volt version and see if they have XL batteries. They are quite long, possibly an inch longer than the medium aka standard aka 78mm battery size (standard makes a 120mm ecig and are 280mah with Volt style claiming 320mah), I highly recommend manuals. The Vapor4Life and original manufacturer gold button manuals have a mostly sealed threaded end (looks internally inside the hole) and a standard size button. The SmokelessImage manual (only available in some colors) have a totally sealed end and a tiny partially recessed button.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I recommend whatever mod or fat battery system you get, you get a compatible threading like 510.

And if you need to pocket the ecig, consider something with an off switch (many mods have off switch) or for a fat battery model the Ego-T batteries have 5-click disable. You don't have to use the tank atomizers and tanks - you could use normal 510 attys and drip or use cartomizers or carto tanks.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
You might want to check the classifieds here on ECF for a deal on a great mod. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/classifieds-swaps/

Also, Fat Batts (KGO, Rivas) are about the size of a sharpie. Pair it with a low resistance atomizer or cartomizer and it simulates high voltage vaping. KGOs are first in class with a little higher voltage and long battery life. All are good products. Breezesmokes sells the KGO kits with two batteries for $46. Hoosierecigsupply also sells them but is out of stock. While you're deciding on a mod, this might be a great option for you and you'll have two back-up PVs at the ready when you decide on a mod.

Check the "Deals and Steals" thread for great buys: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals.html (go to the last page for the most current posts)

Have a blast shopping and congrats on the switch!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Don't confuse what we call 510 with the little bitty 510 e-cig.
    510 is simply the thread on the atty/carto. (I drive a 911, but I have never used the phone number)

As you read and learn you will find that there are an abundance of simple solutions to simple problems.
    That airy draw that you were complaining about, place your fingers where the carto ataches to the battery and see what it feels like. You can close the draw off completly if you wanted to.

XKingXGregX

Moved On
    Mar 19, 2011
    hartford, ct
    well if you dont mind spending the money cant go wrong with a darwin, i use one, it lasts almost 48 hours off a few hours charge...ive had mine go haywire after dropping it so i have a buzz pro for backup while im sending the dawin back for warrenty replacement (2 year warrenty they ship it back within 24 hours of receiving it, so a backup is ALWAYS good to have on hand nomatter what mod you own. i wont mess with 3.7 batteries after going through an intro ego phase, variable voltage is key for me, darwin delivers a perfect hit everytime

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread