Need help finding an APV

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
Hey everyone -

Other than the VTR, is there another regulated mod similar in style to it? I've been looking for a regulated mod with a place for a recessed tank (22mm), but have not had much luck. I would rather not get a clone, but I cannot justify spending "Billet Box" money either.

I did come across the Athena but do not know much about it, the chip, or the company. Any help would be appreciated!
6358085652432092315481887.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have to wonder how many times a Chinese mod maker will read the firmware from a competitor's EPROM and "clone/steal" the operating system of a particular mod and write it back with minimal changes to a new EPROM. China's government doesn't seem to mind that so much since creative property is technically the property of the state, anyway. Maybe not, but it seems so in a former communist country.

I remember reading the stories years ago in computer magazines about how you could go into a computer shop in China and custom order a computer to be built to your specs, including high priced software packages pre-installed to your liking for a cheap price. They'd have all the boxes for popular office programs, games, and utilities on the wall for your perusal and for sale on CD ROM for cheap prices. You could get MS Office, Dbase, WordPerfect, Lotus123, and all the other $400 packages included for $10 apiece USD, installed on the machine and complete with installable CD's for backup.

Last edited:

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
i've got a xvostick clone with an authentic dna 40 i put it. nice stealthy mod and gives me a good idea of what the authentic would be like. athena looks nice as well just not as nice as the xvostick, IMO ;)

I agree with you on that. My old eyes and lack of patience prevent me from doing a refit to an authentic chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread