The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need help making choices please!

Discussion in 'GreatLakesVapor' started by atsirk, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. atsirk

atsirk Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    Like many vapers I’ve progressed through the Blus, then 510s, am now happily using an eGo – but I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on a ‘mod’. After lots and lots of reading reviews, fan pages, etc. – I’ve decided that the GLVs are the way to go. I do have some questions though, and could really use help so I can make the best choices possible (I’m a student on very limited funds).

I’m happy with the 3.7v I get with my eGo batts, so I don’t think I need the 5v – but Mini or Super Mini? Ladies, I’d like to hear from you on this (or guys, your SO’s) – which one feels best in the hand? What do you think? Is the super-mini just a cuteness factor? Is it about battery life? I really do like small…

Drippers, what about leaking? I’m a dripper -I keep my atty very wet, and the eGo cone helps to keep the juice off my hands and pockets, but what about dripping with this unit? I’ve tried cartos and they just don’t work for me and I can’t afford to try every new tank system hoping it works. Should I just wait till they build a better mousetrap? My worries here aren’t just mess, but keeping the PV in good shape as well. Don’t want juice to gum up the works or affect the paint.

Last question (for now lol) what about the finish? I think I’d like a light blue metallic (starlight blue?) but haven’t seen a pic of that yet (and I’ve looked at all the pics, here and on their site) so I’m not sure how that color will look on the finished product – and fully coated or…?

I sure wish they available locally so I could ‘try them on’! Any input greatly appreciated!

2. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I cant help with the minis cuz Im a 5v user.The Starlight blue came out as a medium metalic blue on mine.It doesnt look like the pic at all.I thought it would be alot lighter.I love it,but its not as light as I wanted.

3. atsirk

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    Thanks, that helps! I was hoping it would be like the color of the strap in your avi, or lighter even. I wonder if there's a way to get a custom shade?

4. kboyts

kboyts Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jay will powder coat it any color you want if you want to by the custom powder yourself and ship it to him. As for leaking you could always buy the drip shield from empire for your atty.

5. cuseguy

cuseguy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    Texas USA
    If you are gonna do 3.7V, I would do the Super-Mini. It uses the same battery as the Mini, but is slightly smaller. It fits nicely in your palm and can be concealed easily.

6. lynleestar

lynleestar Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
    atsirk I haven't tried the super mini but what I would do, and this is just my opinion....

The super mini is only 1/2 inch smaller than the mini....I would get the mini, but get the headcap regulated for 5v, that way you can use it at 3.7v as the mini, but if you ever decide you want to try 5v all you need is the longer tube....I have an extra ;)

7. Scottitude

Scottitude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    Great advice! you'll end up with a 3.7v and 5v for $30 more plus shipping. WINN-ing!

8. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    The only one I have is the SM, and it is great! It fits so nice in my hand, and like you, I am happy with 3.7 volt. My first one is polished aluminum, and I have ordered another in stardust purple flipflop.

9. Brewlady

Brewlady Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That is genius. Now I'm glad I haven't ordered one yet.

Thanks!!
    :banana::banana::banana::banana:

:toast:

10. AngeLsLuv

AngeLsLuv Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    The Blue Purple Flip Flop with a Clear Coat Layer, with Black Coating on the Head and End Caps... Then get a Map Tank, or just drip and get a Purple or a Black Drip Tip ... Looks Amazing

11. atsirk

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    Oooh you are made of winning - this choice is made! Mini, 5v regulated! Now I gotta go check the couch for coins...and pick a color...

You know, when I started smoking I actually could find enough for a pack of marlboros in the couch!

Sounds very pretty - but a little dark for me - I am looking for a super-light blue, and will probably do polished caps :)

12. AngeLsLuv

AngeLsLuv Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    How about the Blue Starlight???

13. lynleestar

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
  14. lynleestar

Sep 13, 2010
    NW Indiana
  15. atsirk

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    Thanks for all the feedback but the mod is off the table - just got bad new$, so it's going to be a while :)

16. GiMante

GiMante Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    So Cal
    Awesome Lyn! I ordered the super mini, but this will be my next step! :)

17. atsirk

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    Once the income is steady again (interviews afoot, cross your fingers for me) I was thinking of something along this line -
    [​IMG]
    whaddyathink?

18. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
  19. GiMante

GiMante Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    So Cal
    I'm not usually into the blues, but that is gorgeous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.