The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need help on a mod decision.

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by pvarck31, Jan 15, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this question, so if that's the case I understand if the mods delete it.

But if it's ok to post this here, I'm hoping I can get a few opinions.

So I was using the Mag mod for a while but I ended up letting my wife take it because she quit smoking and has a very stressful job so she wanted to use it. I told her to keep it because while at first I really liked it, but then for some reason I wasn't feeling it anymore.

So I ended up buying a Voopoo Drag and it killed my hands since I have arthritis and I traded it to a friend for a Revenger and some accessories. Anyway, I like the Revenger, but don't feel like I like it as an everyday mod.

So with that in mind, I will preface this with the fact that I want to go back to a Smok mod because I just like them. I've basically liked every one I had except for the Mag and the Procolor.

So I think I've narrowed it down to the G-Priv 2 or Luxe. Or the Majesty. I have watched reviews on both and reviews on Youtube are so watered down with corporate crap you don't know who to trust. And I also haven't seen any comparisons between the two.

So what do you guys think? I like the touch screen. I think it's cool. But which is actually better?

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Did you look for threads for these mods? Might try using the search function, sometimes it's quicker.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Ok, thank you. I will do that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Found a bit on G-Priv and nothing on the Majesty in the search.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    The newer Smok devices are the T-priv 3 and the X-priv, so you could always wait until they are released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Do you happen to know the release dates?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Did you google them and see what's been posted on other forums?

• Like Like x 2
  8. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Well I haven't really looked on other forums. I'll check some out. But I've read and watched reviews. I thinking about waiting for the X-Priv if it's coming out soon.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    January 30th for the X-priv.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I can't help much more, Smok just churns them out too fast and qc is an issue. If you jut google it other forum comments will pop up and you can lurk for info. Reddit is a good one to read for info.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Thanks for the help. And you're right. There is a new one every month pretty much. That's why I don't even think I'm gonna bother waiting. I think I'm just gonna get the G-Priv 2 Luxe and just order it tonight so I have it by the end of the week. I've heard it's awesome, it's beautiful, and I'm sure the X-Priv will be basically the same thing on look different and then there will be the next one shortly after that. So yeah, screw it.

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Smok pricing will let you get a whole family of mods if you so choose. Come back and let us know you like it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I think you made a good choice based on descriptions that you made. I will say Smok does seem to be getting less complaints, of late. Unless it's a maker that I totally trust I usually won't buy the newest, latest thing before real world reviews take place because you just never know or there might be something about it I just can't tolerate. I will say I'll buy most things Teslacigs (except perhaps the Wye, because it is so heinous looking) with confidence, although like all mods, they usually have a downside or two. I can put up with that if I like the vape quality and when smok gets it right, they certainly seem to get it right.

Best of luck with your setup and yes, do report back :)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  15. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    @pvarck31 in my opinion the problem here is you just need more MPD's! Nothing like having an assortment to pick from for different locations or situations. I go to the cabinet depending on where and what I will be doing. Look at the Pcio or the x-Taste Nano 90W for easy to handle stealthy MOD's.

upload_2018-1-15_16-33-19.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I haven't had any luck with the SMOK products. All of them seemed to suffer from one issue or another. The best low wattage mod I've found is the Provari. Best high voltage mods are (for me anyway) the Lost Vape brand devices. I really wanted to love the squonkers, but the three that I've tried result in a vulcanized rubber taste.

To answer you question... I'd go with Provari or Lost Vape Therion. You'll pay a bit more, but these are pretty much fail-proof devices.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I ended up getting the G-Priv 2. I like it. I also bought another Voopoo Drag, which I love.

I was getting into RDAs but I decided it's just too much work. I'm not that into it. I like the Prince Tank, but I picked up the Fireluke Mesh and my god, the flavor is just as good an a RDA. I just wish it held more than 3ml.

I have another question. Would buying a DNA mod such at the Therion 166 be worth it if I don't use RDAs? Does it make sub ohm tanks better? I heard that it's pointless without using RDAs but I'm not sure that's true.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Glad you found some great items. That Mesh tank is "so good it makes you wanna slap your momma!"
    The only reason I have a DNA is because I use different types of wire in my builds(I own mainly RDA/RDTA/RTA's) and I like to personalize my settings using Escribe.
    My Smoant Cylon and Rev-tech GTS are right up their with the DNA as far as accuracy just less expensive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. hambone0424

hambone0424 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2015
    Pittsburgh,PA
    I am still rocking the original g priv since its release over a year now no complaints i love how the g priv2 luxe looks all the color options look amazing i never used the prince tank tho im just tired of smok coils i was getting really good tfv8 coils for a while decided to try the big baby finally that came with my mod n hate em so im just back to rda i got the drop n 2 dead rabbit ones on a mech squonk tho

• Like Like x 2
  20. pvarck31

pvarck31 Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Does anyone know when the new Smok mods are due out? I see the I-Priv, Devilkin, and H-Priv 2 have been announced but can't seem to find a release date. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1