Looking for new MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Seme

Aug 22, 2019
Greece
Hello guys and good morning. After my latest disappointment on a Vaporesso Luxe S product, i managed to sell it and now i am looking for a new mod. I have been reading tons of reviews about latest mods, and i end up into some of em.

What i want from my new mod:

1) Good power (i am vaping near 70-85 watts) i know only of 18650 mods so something similar to x2 18650?? Dunno

2) As simple as possible in terms of looks. To be more specific since my latest mod was a touch screen 2TFT screen i want something more simplistic.

3) Resistance. In terms of shocks (not that i am going to drop it all day long but in want something solid) And also the less problematic in terms of board/pins/functionality problems in few words i want the Toyota Corolla of the Mods :lol::lol:

4) Budget: Only for the mod (with out batteries) max 100 Euro.

What i have found so far that i like?

1) Vaporesso Gen (i really like the looks of it but since its brand new there are few reviews about the quality of this one)
2)Aegis Solo or Legend
3) Voopoo Drag 2
4) Vandy Vape Swell /Jackaro
5) ??????????????

Guys all your suggestions and thoughts are welcome, i have heard the best and most comments about Aegis Solo/Legend despite it looks it seems to be a solid mod. The gen is a new one and i hear the best for that one aswell.

So let me hear your thoughts guys!!:matrix:

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
1) Good power (i am vaping near 70-85 watts) i know only of 18650 mods so something similar to x2 18650?? Dunno
The Geekvape Aegis Solo (100 watts) with a single 30 amp battery would get you up to 90 watts safely. 30 amp batteries have less capacity (mah), so you'd be changing batteries more often. The Samsung 20S with 2000mah would be the best single battery for the Solo in your situation.

WATTAGE PER SINGLE BATTERY on REGULATED MOD:

Up to 90W
:
LG18650HB6 1500mah 30 amp CDR
380919-214d0ffa29b60f062ba7640627ad5605.jpg

LG18650HB2 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
377182-6c570506e6ae8e85f30ce64b386a8f13.jpg

LG18650HB4 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
380403-c8fa9e7b310e40c393b6edff15726a5f.jpg

Samsung 18650-20S 2000mah 30 amp CDR
567575-254dcc9f3000323cb489ab10e8b02d13.jpg

So would the Geekvape Aegis Legend (200 watts) dual battery mod. You could use two 15 amp batteries (45 watts each; two = 90 watts) and get the additional advantage of longer battery life (3000mah each; two = 6000 mah total) between charges.

WATTAGE PER SINGLE BATTERY on REGULATED MOD:
(Total wattage doubles using 2 batteries; Triples using 3 batteries.)

Up to 45W:
Samsung 18650 30Q, 3000 mah 15 amp CDR
363984-e565e32efab1e4227719866a9a8b957c.jpg

Sony 18650VTC6 3000mAh 15 amp CDR
413691-6d99870bef0f9d8bd4cfb656baac2f7b.jpg

LG 18650HG2 3000mah 20 amp CDR
346357-b4b716723a22088fab0a5bf10f1b49ad.jpg

2) As simple as possible in terms of looks. To be more specific since my latest mod was a touch screen 2TFT screen i want something more simplistic.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

3) Resistance. In terms of shocks (not that i am going to drop it all day long but in want something solid) And also the less problematic in terms of board/pins/functionality problems in few words i want the Toyota Corolla of the Mods.
I think you mean "durability". The two Aegis models are shock-proof, dust-proof, and water-proof. So is the Jackaroo.

4) Budget: Only for the mod (with out batteries) max 100 Euro.
I don't know the prices on the other side of the pond.

What i have found so far that i like?

1) Vaporesso Gen (i really like the looks of it but since its brand new there are few reviews about the quality of this one)
2)Aegis Solo or Legend
3) Voopoo Drag 2
4) Vandy Vape Swell /Jackaro
5) ??????????????

Guys all your suggestions and thoughts are welcome, i have heard the best and most comments about Aegis Solo/Legend despite it looks it seems to be a solid mod. The gen is a new one and i hear the best for that one aswell.

My only personal experience is with the Aegis Solo and Aegis Legend of those you named. The Legend is significantly bigger and heavier than the Solo.

images

No matter which mod you get, I highly recommend getting a Li-ion charger to charge your batteries and not depend upon the internal USB charger to charge your batteries, especially if you choose the Aegis mods whose USB port uses a silicone plug to ensure it to maintain its waterproof/dustproof ability. The Jackaroo has no USB port to my understanding.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I say get the Vaporesso Gen, all the reviews I’ve seen have been positive and for longevity only time will tell but Vaporesso mods are pretty solid in general so it’s a minimal worry. It’s simple but has lots of features and the added menu button is a huge plus. I don’t know why mods always stop with a fire, up, and down button, whats one more button. I don’t hear any vapers complaining about too many buttons and less five clicks or three clicks the better. Unless you just want a tough mod then the Aegis or Legend or Jackaroo are a few of the mil-spec ones I know of and im sure there’s a few more.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I say get the Vaporesso Gen, all the reviews I’ve seen have been positive and for longevity only time will tell but Vaporesso mods are pretty solid in general so it’s a minimal worry. It’s simple but has lots of features and the added menu button is a huge plus. I don’t know why mods always stop with a fire, up, and down button, whats one more button. I don’t hear any vapers complaining about too many buttons and less five clicks or three clicks the better. Unless you just want a tough mod then the Aegis or Legend or Jackaroo are a few of the mil-spec ones I know of and im sure there’s a few more.
LMAO! There is no such thing as a mil-spec mod.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I'm pretty sure the military does not have specification parameters set for vape mods. So a mil-spec mod does not exist. While that line of mods may be durable, dust resistant, and water resistant, that does not qualify it to be mil-spec at all. There are more than just one single spec that the military uses, a mil-spec rifle has different qualifications than a mil-spec vest, or radio, or goggle, or vehicle. So there is no specification to meet for mod to claim mil-spec. If geekvape claimed that, it was just a marketing ploy.

Besides what was mentioned here, maybe look into a squid industries double barrel. It too is fairly tough but designed to be more simplistic than most modern vape mods.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
LMAO! There is no such thing as a mil-spec mod.
Not any more there isn’t, but there used to be. Mil-spec [number] there are a bunch of them differentiated by 4 digit numbers, is a set of tests an object needs to be put through. A item that passes them is awarded that mil-spec rating. The ageis100 passed one. The next mod the ageis legend failed it by inches. It passed all but one drop test due to its battery door latch system. AFAIK neither the SOLO nor the mini were even tested.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
ejuices.com has a fantastic deal going on right now. If you order $80 you can get 35% off.

That means you can get a Squid Double Barrel for $52. U.S.
Double Barrel V3 150W Mod by Squid Industries

and a Vaporesso Gen for $38.32 U.S.
Vaporesso GEN Kit with SKRR-S Tank

They have lesser discounts for less than 80 dollars. Just check their main page. It's at the top. It ends at the end of the month.

• Useful
Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Using a Gen for a week now and love it. I also have a LS DNA which is king, but also not simple...but for performance, simplicity and value the Gen is a winner.
Since I’m not in need of another mod I’m going to wait until the Gen is on sale somewhere for a great price or reaches the clearance section. I was just wondering if you have tried some of these different modes and what you think of them. Like the Eco mode, have you tried and noticed slower battery drain? Also the Pulse mode, have you noticed a different hit compared to other mods standard power mode? Finally, anything else you think the mod does good or makes it unique? Thanks for any info you can share, I like to hear real world use reviews. Professional reviewers just use the vape gear for a little bit before posting their reviews and I think their reviews have less to offer compared to folks who chose to buy the mod and use it day to day. There’s a few reviewers I like but for the most part I just try to read what normal folks have to say about their mods.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
ejuices.com has a fantastic deal going on right now. If you order $80 you can get 35% off.

That means you can get a Squid Double Barrel for $52. U.S.
Double Barrel V3 150W Mod by Squid Industries

and a Vaporesso Gen for $38.32 U.S.
Vaporesso GEN Kit with SKRR-S Tank

They have lesser discounts for less than 80 dollars. Just check their main page. It's at the top. It ends at the end of the month.
I’ve recently ordered from ejuices on a Sunday night and they had the order on my front porch by Wednesday afternoon. So if you are worried about them they seem to be a pretty solid vendor, with some nice prices.

• Informative
Reactions: HigherStateD

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I agree with everyone who suggested the Geek Vape Aegis Solo. It is a mighty fine mod. My dog sent it flying off a table the other day and it still works great. Cat knocked it over today, no problems. I've ordered a second one from eJuices. Another great deal at $36.99.

I was interested in the Gen but backed off after seeing some reviewers complain about Vaporesso's poor track record with TC. I don't own any Vaporesso products so I really can't say one way or another. Perhaps someone who actually owns one will comment on their TC functionality. I would like to hear from someone here who is running the Gen in TC as I do like the mod. Also how does their TC compare to a DNA mod running TC.

The Gen deal at eJuices looks like a sweet one.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I agree with everyone who suggested the Geek Vape Aegis Solo. It is a mighty fine mod. My dog sent it flying off a table the other day and it still works great. Cat knocked it over today, no problems. I've ordered a second one from eJuices. Another great deal at $36.99.

I was interested in the Gen but backed off after seeing some reviewers complain about Vaporesso's poor track record with TC. I don't own any Vaporesso products so I really can't say one way or another. Perhaps someone who actually owns one will comment on their TC functionality. I would like to hear from someone here who is running the Gen in TC as I do like the mod. Also how does their TC compare to a DNA mod running TC.

The Gen deal at eJuices looks like a sweet one.

I'm your man ;) haven't used a Gen, but the Vaporesso Omni 4 & 4.2 chips in mods I do have had absolutely no probs with TC. Up there with Arctic fox firmware :thumb:

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Ummm, fixed that for you!!! :D
    Thanks Ange.
    You are a first class enabler. :lol:
    Hey easy with those gender specific identity pronouns. Maybe today she is identifying different. I’m seriously triggered by your comment and need to find a safe space with a counselor to help me work through this and it wasn’t any of my business nor was I involved in any way. Hopefully you can see what kind of damage throwing around he’s and she’s can inflict and will be more sensitive in the future.

Update: I was just joking of course, just trying out the I get offended by everything attitude and I don’t care for it. I’m gonna go back to be a normal human being with the appropriate thickness of skin. Sorry for any confusion my little experiment may have caused, hopefully no one was “triggered” by it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread