Need help picking a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshisqt

Mar 7, 2013
Ashland, OH, USA
well it’s that time of year again where I typically buy my year of vaping needs all at once be it coils, batteries ect... I could honestly use help this year... I have been vaping for around 10 years now .. I loved the original nautilus and just kinda stuck with tanks that used those coils up till now.. I love being able to spend 30-40 bucks at start of year and have enough coils to vape for an entire year ... but there’s allot of knock off coils going around now and I have been getting horrible tight draw coils quite frequently this past year.. so anyhow I’m trying to decide what to do with this years vaping I wouldn’t mind finding a new tank with coils I can just buy a years worth up front and be good to go .. i currently use the kabuki or nautilus 2 I would like a tank that has the same or much better air flow I hate tight draws ... I should mention I DO NOT care about clouds I do not mind vaping at low wattage because honestly I hit my vape every few seconds all day... I’m currently vaping around 10w and iTs not bad... I have been looking around here and there for months but I just dunno what would be a good fit and I could really use the help.. my eyes where on the prince for a while because I would love having a 8ml tank I don’t mind spending the money but like I said I don’t care about clouds and I don’t know if I could handle going from low watt vaping to high... it may make me sick ... and I don’t know if you can vape that with a certain type of coil at lower watts? My vaping experience thru these 10 years has been nice and simple and it got me off smoking ... I trust everyone here you guys have never done me wrong any help is greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post

Reactions: Katya

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
The Smok Baby Beast has lots of airflow and is very versatile in the ways it can be used. The Big Baby Beast has even more airflow. I think there's as high as 1ohm coils for the regular Baby Beast, too. Then there's the Uwell Crown, which I'm not as familiar with but I do know from my v2 that it has a lot of airflow.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
well it’s that time of year again where I typically buy my year of vaping needs all at once be it coils, batteries ect... I could honestly use help this year... I have been vaping for around 10 years now .. I loved the original nautilus and just kinda stuck with tanks that used those coils up till now.. I love being able to spend 30-40 bucks at start of year and have enough coils to vape for an entire year ... but there’s allot of knock off coils going around now and I have been getting horrible tight draw coils quite frequently this past year.. so anyhow I’m trying to decide what to do with this years vaping I wouldn’t mind finding a new tank with coils I can just buy a years worth up front and be good to go .. i currently use the kabuki or nautilus 2 I would like a tank that has the same or much better air flow I hate tight draws ... I should mention I DO NOT care about clouds I do not mind vaping at low wattage because honestly I hit my vape every few seconds all day... I’m currently vaping around 10w and iTs not bad... I have been looking around here and there for months but I just dunno what would be a good fit and I could really use the help.. my eyes where on the prince for a while because I would love having a 8ml tank I don’t mind spending the money but like I said I don’t care about clouds and I don’t know if I could handle going from low watt vaping to high... it may make me sick ... and I don’t know if you can vape that with a certain type of coil at lower watts? My vaping experience thru these 10 years has been nice and simple and it got me off smoking ... I trust everyone here you guys have never done me wrong any help is greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post

I avoided the Nautilus and other more pricey toppers opting for Kanger's and Eleafs (GS Air M). Also a low voltage vaper and there can be a problem vaping low ohm (>.05ohm coils) at low wattage - mainly battery problems.

But looking for a clearo that had less possibility of leaking with good airflow, I got the Nautilus X. No way for it to leak since the air flow is at the top. I also got the 4ml extended kit (original Naut X is 2ml). Coils are more $ but the opening is much greater than other prebuilt coils, and it takes longer before you get the 'tightening' of draw and the spitting of other coils. 1.8 and 1.5 ohm coils available.

Aspire Nautilus X - Aspire® Official Site

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/aspire-nautilus-x-tank.html
Aspire Nautilus X / Pockex - Kanthal 1.8ohm Replacement Coils (5pk)
Aspire Nautilus X 4ML Replacement Kit

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm also a low wattage vaper who dislikes tight draw. Like Kent, I never got a Nautilus because I prefer coils that can easily be rebuilt or at least rewicked. My favorite tank with premade coils is eGo One (Version 1 or 2) with CLR (R stands for rebuildable) coils. If you don't want to rebuild, you can very easily remove the old dirty wick, gently pulse the coil to burn off the gunk, rinse, insert fresh wick and you have a new coil. I believe that CLR coils are the best coils ever made by Joyetech and they are inexpensive; the tank is cheap too--you can get one for ~$10-12, less if you find one on sale. I recommend 1Ω CLR coils--they have very nice draw, IMO.

If you need more information, check out this (very long and very old) thread. Good luck.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Kanger Subtank mini (or Toptank) is still a very good choice and it's much more versatile than the eGo One, but is also more expensive--both the tank and the coils.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread