Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnybarr91

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply’s guys!

As to some the comments. I can get syringes easily so I might just measure instead of doing drops, the flavours I use are PG, I will also thin out the end of the wicks more and the liquids I make don’t seem to be thicker than shop bought but it possibly is a little? Maybe I will try the DW

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
The best way to mix is by weighing scale. Remember not to pack your cotton, it needs to be fluffy. Also, once you're done with your coil, try to push the cotton (very gently) a bit deeper through the holes so the juice can get in easier. Id suggest you mix a 50/50 juice and try that with the new coil.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My advice is change one thing at a time. That way you know what the culprit is. Start with your wicking techniques. If after a few experiments that doesn't work try the dw. I personally think you should try cotton pads first. Easier to work with and efficient at wicking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wicking is very important. I'd suggest trying rayon if you haven't, it's rather forgiving as a wick material compared to cotton, I have found. Less leaking if used correctly (rather tight in the coil, thinning and cutting wicks etc.) and the wick lasts longer, always a nice thing.

I have found (most often for me) that popping and spitback are caused by wicking issues, or if trying to run a too low resistance coil with low wattage. You probably want to focus on smother wicking, and (counterintuitively enough) sometimes less wick is MORE. Tightness in the wick is what keeps the pressure okay, but if there is too much wick in the tails it can actually clog and work LESS efficiently than tails that have been thinned out a bit (I use the non-ceramic tweezers that come with my coilmaster kit, it works well) and can thus more efficiently wick juice.

If wicking changes don't help, you can certainly add DW. I was using max VG for a while (PG sensitive) and found adding 10% DW to be a help. Before amending ALL your mixes though, you could try adding a little bit of DW to your tank directly, to see how it improves things. You don't want to add DW to all your mixes and then find you don't like it and/or it doesn't help. I will say that DW improved my vape quite a bit, but my PG content is flavors only, so under 10%.

Best of luck, I hope things get better. Watching some YouTube videos on wicking your device may help you (if you haven't already).

Hope you get it sorted out.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread