Need help setting up variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyRodger

Jun 1, 2016
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to vaping and have previously only used simplistic kits.

I have just bought the Coolfire Iv tank and I have a Aspire CE5 BVC cartomiser. I was just wondering if someone could help me with the best wattage and voltage for this tank and cartomiser and I have little to no idea what settings are best and how to get the best/nicest hit without burning/messing up the atomiser.

Thanks in advance.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @JohnnyRodger. Glad to have you here!:)

First you decide which mode you want to use, wattage or voltage. You can't adjust both at one time. I use wattage. But there is nothing wrong with choosing to run in voltage mode.

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same (when running in power or wattage/voltage mode). Turn your voltage or wattage down (for the CE5 I would start at the lowest setting), take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonicbomb

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There used to be a golden rule with VV devices where you took the resistance of your coil and added 2 to the number to determine your starting voltage and adjusted from there.

For example, if your coil was 2.2 ohms, you added 2, which gave you a starting number of 4.2 volts.

Give it a taste, and if the flavor was too weak, up the voltage a bit and try again. Conversely, if it tasted a bit burnt, knock the voltage down a bit then try again.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
There used to be a golden rule with VV devices where you took the resistance of your coil and added 2 to the number to determine your starting voltage and adjusted from there.

For example, if your coil was 2.2 ohms, you added 2, which gave you a starting number of 4.2 volts.

Give it a taste, and if the flavor was too weak, up the voltage a bit and try again. Conversely, if it tasted a bit burnt, knock the voltage down a bit then try again.
Yup! With the CE5 that's a great place to start! Try it around 4 watts but I wouldn't want to take it up above 12 watts as those are known not to feed that well at higher wattages.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Could anyone recommend a relatively cheap cartomiser that I can up the watts on to create smoke clouds without A) blowing my face off and B) getting that burnt taste. I'm looking around £10- £20max if possible.
You will not "blow up" anything as you are using a regulated mod with built in protection.

If you are a mouth-2-lung inhaler I often recommend an Aspire Mini Nautilus or eLeaf GS Air M tank.

If you like to direct lung inhale look at the Kanger Subtank Mini (v2). It can use factory coils but it also comes with a RBA base so you can make your own coils if you want to.

Direct lung inhaling, with subΩ coils and lots of airflow allows you to run at higher wattage and generate more clouds without dry/burnt hits.

Last edited:
Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread