The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

need help with fluxo

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by bully mom, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bully mom

bully mom Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2011
    Kentucky
    I got a box of the purple ones when they were on sale. Worked great until today. Took the last one out of the box and filled it up with my 2 wk steeped ejoker, (now discontinued), filled it up and boom. Got a horrible gurgling when I tried to vape. Thought I had over filled it and got juice down the inner tube, so took the mp out and blew through the inner tube. The juice just continued to gurgle and ran completely out of the fluxomizer. All my ejoker wasted :oops:. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it. Don't want to loose anymore juice.

Can't wait for the new and improved ones to get here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

2. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    I've had a few that had the same problem. The seal at the base near the battery connector is not seated properly and juice will leak out the bottom and will fill the center tube. Or it could be the shrink wrap that's below the ceramic cup at the top is loose and juice is getting down the center tube from there. I did have success heating the shrink wrap using a lighter, but you have to be careful not to burn off the insulation on the wire. This seal at the bottom can't really be fixed unless you use some kind of glue which I think GotVapes has. But in my opinion I don't think it's worth the hassle. Sorry to hear about the loss of juice.

You can test to see if the seal is the problem by removing the tube and putting several drops of juice in the base then stand it up right and wait a few minutes to see if it leaks out.

3. bully mom

Jul 17, 2011
    Kentucky
    I will sure give the test a try and see if it's the base. When it comes to modding, I'm pitiful. I was so happy just to be able to get that inner seal out. :unsure: Then I burned up a few of them trying to do a dry burn when I had no idea what I was doing. I was blowing on the coils as hard as I could and had no idea that was a no no. Finally, got to really liking them and then this happens.

So glad I have my stardust's they are so easy but the vapor and flavor is great on those fluxo's. I will be anxious to get the new and improved and easier models.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate that!! mailbully.gif

4. VapingMattCA

VapingMattCA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Its likely the seal at the battery connector. Pull the tube off. While looking at the battery connector wiggle the metal post. If the metal post moves a lot its the rubber o-ring that is not seated correctly. The last order of Fluxos I placed 3 of 10 had this issue. I always clean my new ones in alcohol and then dry burn before using which prevents that nasty burned taste when I goto use a new fluxo but as soon as I take the plastic tube off I always inspect to see that the O-ring at the battery connector is seated properly. If it isn't I toss the Fluxo.

5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Have you seen this thread?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/171961-ce2-deluxe-fluexomizer-clearomizer-tips-tricks-ce-2-mods-technical-info-videos.html

There is a Lot of good info in it for someone new to CE2's.

6. bully mom

Jul 17, 2011
    Kentucky
    Good advice indeed. As soon as I took the tubing off, I wiggled the center post and it came out the bottom of the battery connector. Almost as if it was never seated at all.

I think I will check them all from here on out before adding juice. I have a bunch of juice that I don't like and I could use that to check for leaks I suppose. I won't be putting my favorite's in a fluxor anymore without checking. Thanks so much

7. bully mom

Jul 17, 2011
    Kentucky
    I have indeed seen this thread and it was your comments on dry burning and your recommendation to look at some of the videos that really led me to the proper technique. I killed a ton of carto's before that. Thanks so much for the tip...

Also wondering if you ever got that baseball cap?? I think you have earned it!!!!!

8. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    LOL

No Never got a Baseball Cap but that's OK. Bad thru in a Couple of Extra Cartos on my last Order.

Let us know how things work out and Remember to "Tilt" when you take a hit on a CE2.

9. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

unless you use a grande vision, then the juice comes to you,lolol no tilting needed. it wicks so hard that if you lift the silicone seal a little it will suck all your juice away on its own.

10. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    You know that I'm a "Tilter" from way back.

Could be that Inner Ear Injury I sustained as a Kid. That or that I've been known to Drink Before 3:00pm.

LOL

11. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    BTW - Congrats on hitting the 7K Mark.

12. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

13. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    No Problem.

14. bully mom

Jul 17, 2011
    Kentucky
    Is the "grande vision" the same as the vision giant?? I got a giant in the snack pack I won from GV and killed it trying to do a dry burn on it. That was before I learned how to do a dry burn.:oops:

I will be sure to add one of those in my next order. I have gotten into such a habit of tilting I find myself even tilting the regular boge carto's.

15. kelleymcm

kelleymcm Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2010
    oklahoma city
    noted :lol: I just got one & have not filled it up yet ....so.... seal tight ...check

& bully mom ...
    if I am unsure I just test mine with dist. water (I keep in 30ml bottle w/ecig stuff) & pour it back out
    and....
    the grande vision are the ones that hold 5 ml & have 4 wicks & are in available in colors

the Giant's only have 2 wicks & hold 3+ ml & are clear like other visions *

* but only because bad is hording all the colored replacement tubes for himself ...:evil:

16. bully mom

Jul 17, 2011
    Kentucky
    Miss Kelley, why didn't I think of that??? Thanks for the clarification on the visions. That's one of the things I love best about this GV forum..... instant support.

How's that new granbaby doin?? Wish I had another one to spoil but I think I have all I'm getting. One boy from each daughter. It's the most fun job I've ever had.

I think Bad is hiding the colored tubes in the same place he is hiding all those colored stardust's. :sneaky: Can't wait to get my hands on some of those. :drool:

17. kelleymcm

kelleymcm Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2010
    oklahoma city
    Grandbabies are doing great, Emi, the one that lives w/us @ moment is so cute !!
    The other 2 live 2 hours away & are cute :lol: just rarely see them & their mommy is preg again :facepalm:
    so that will be 4 for me by the end of the year :shock:

yup bad is a color tube hoarder & I want some stardust tubes & colored stardusts too .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.