Need help with me igo-w rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been vaping rebuldables for a while now. Everytime I need to rebuild I go to a vape shop and have them rebuild it but lately I tried doing it myself. After I set it up and fire, the atomizer and mouth piece get ridiculously hot and also the wires make a popping noise. Im assuming this is because of hot spots? But Ive checked and rebuilt a dozen times now, the coils are not touching! What the heck is wrong with my built. What I'm trying to ask is what may cause hot spots?

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
Try a micro coil instead. The coils can touch and the vape is just as good (if not better sometimes) than 3-5 loose wraps. I'm currently using 2 - 28g, 14/15 wrap, 2mm inside diameter (used a drill bit), cotton wicked coils, that when combined, give 1.3ohms. No sub-ohming needed. The plus side of these is that you can fire them on almost any mod. I am currently using the Vamo V3 in the pics provided. When building a micro coil, find a nail, blunt syringe, drill bit, or other 1.5mm-2mm diameter cylinder that you can hold easily to wrap on. Make your coils tight and as close together as you can. After making the coil wraps push them together to take out any spaces as best you can. Take the coil off the cylinder and place it lengthwise in a set of tweezers or needle nose pliers (so the coils are being pressed together) and torch it until it glows red; then let it cool while still holding it. This should make a very tight micro coil. then simply install it into the RDA. Check for shorts or loose wires. (EDIT: Pulse fire the coils once installed and before wicking to make sure they glow from the middle out and glow evenly.) Wick the coils with your preferred material (I use organic cotton in this build). Make sure the coils are not touching the deck, cap, or anything else but wick. The most important part is to check your ohms and insure that you are in a safe zone for your batteries to fire BEFORE YOU USE IT! There are A LOT of videos on You Tube on how to make a micro coil. Phil, Grimm, and a myriad of others have very informative and useful vids on this. Here are pics of my current setup on the IGO-W on top of the Vamo V3 described above. These are big, but they give BIG VAPOR. There are a lot of experts on the Rebuildable Atomizer sub-forum that you might want to check out. once you get the hang of simple coils, there are some really wicked builds to try out there. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• SAM_0949.jpg
    SAM_0949.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 73
  • SAM_0944.jpg
    SAM_0944.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_0943.jpg
    SAM_0943.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Luckyv

Nov 12, 2013
Los Angeles,Ca,USA
I have that same issue but unlike you i cant just go to the nearest smoke shop n ask them to do it since i moved.... but i found sum videos on youtube and figured ill try it i accidentally ordered 32 guage kanthal wire n 4mm braided silica so i used wat i had at first it went bad but after alot of trial n errors what i did was twist the 32 guage kanthal wire n made a "roller coaster" whick n it hits pretty good im at .61 ohms so just wrk w. It n you'll get it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread