Need help with mixing E-Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper2020

Jan 26, 2019
Hello everyone, i think my experiments with diy e-juice is about to end if I can’t figure out how to get my numbers right.
Here’s what ordered from NHS;

PG | VG Blend_30PG-70VG_500mL

e-liquid Nicotine _6mg_240mL_30PG-70VG

Tropical Punch (LNW)_15mL (Pg Based)

I aim to make 30mg juice with 6mg nic strength, however any diy calculator that i used is telling me that this cant be mixed because both my Vg-Pg(70/30)and Liquid Nicotine (70/30) came premixed.

I mixing with scale. Here is an example;

858CF940-F8D0-4F3B-9A27-249FB76B8CFA.jpeg
31EEB614-DA65-4743-A051-2F17B0F8500E.jpeg

Vg value is -3.1 and i don’t have either %100 Vg or %100 Pg...

How could I resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Beats me. I work off of a total of 100. As in 100ml or 100%.

Example: so you want 70/30 mix with 10% flavoring.

That equals 90ml of mix and 10ml of flavoring...

Then divide those two numbers by 10, as if you were making 10ml...they are 9ml of mix and 1ml of flavoring.

But, you really want to make 30ml, well then multiple the 9 and the 1 by 3. They equal 27 and 3. 27ml of your vg/pg/nic mix and 3ml of flavoring.

(That is probably totally confusing...)

Maybe a smart person will come along...

Reactions: Viper2020

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, I can see how that would happen. You did make it impossible to make 70/30 flavored juice. Computers are fast and accurate but very very stupid. You could probably make 65/35 or something which is close enough really. But computers need exact numbers. You can just do that or work it out analog.
Luckily This one isn’t too hard. You can’t quite get 70vg because your flavoring is pure PG. adding the flavoring will drop the ratio slightly. It shouldn’t make much of a difference. In your position the mix I would try is 4 parts non-nic base, 1 part flavoring, and 5 parts nic base. It won’t be exactly 70/30 but the possibility of that got screwed up when you bought bases that came with an exact premix ratio. It should be pretty close though.

There are two other possibles:

1. You can make unflavored 70/30 3mg by just mixing the base and nic base half and half.
It will taste mildly sweet. Some people like unflavored best.

2. You can buy something that will allow you to move your VG ratio around so you can get your exact number. IMHO this isn’t worth the trouble but some people like exact numbers.
The cheapest and easiest way to do this is buy a bottle of VG from most any drugstore. Iirc Walmart carries it too. The stuff is pretty common.
You need basically to get the pg/VG ratio of the flavoring up to the same 70/30 level of all your other stuff. The flavoring will not actually be pure PG of course but it’s probably close enough. 3 parts flavoring to 7 parts pure VG will make some fairly weak assed 70/30 flavoring. All you have to do is replace the unflavored base in the unflavored recipie with as much flavored bas as you feel is appropriate.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So what happens if i use 27ml of 70/30 liquid nic and add 3mg flavor? Will i die?
You just won’t have EXACTLY 70/30 juice. You likely won’t even be able to tell the difference.

Will you die? Everyone dies. This likely won’t be the stuff that does it though.

Viper2020

Jan 26, 2019
I appreciate the help friends, great explanation bombastinator. I never thought about your option 1

So since my Liquid Nic is 70/30 Vg/Pg and already in my desired nicotine strength(which is 6mg), can I assume that if i fill my tank right out of the bottle with liquid nic I would literally be vaping 6mg e juice without any flavor all the time?

If so, then biggest downside of premixed vg/pg is that adding anything that has vg or pg content will screw up the 70/30 ratio.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I appreciate the help friends, great explanation bombastinator. I never thought about your option 1

So since my Liquid Nic is 70/30 Vg/Pg and already in my desired nicotine strength(which is 6mg), can I assume that if i fill my tank right out of the bottle with liquid nic I would literally be vaping 6mg e juice without any flavor all the time?

If so, then biggest downside of premixed vg/pg is that adding anything that has vg or pg content will screw up the 70/30 ratio.
Yes and yes.

You could get to 6mg at your preferred vg/pg ratio by buying some higher mg/ml nic in vg plus, without doing the math I’m guessing, some straight vg.

In the long run, unless you decide you like unflavored, just get s higher nic solution.

But I get your problem... my calculator just won’t calculate until I get the pg/vg ratio right, so I just fiddle with it till it’s right. I’m not too picky on getting it exactly to a certain ratio if being a little off makes a recipe work.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Yes you will be vaping 6 mg/ml 30PG/70VG Unflavored if you just used the nic. I vape 24 mg/ml 70PG/30VG about 80% of the time. That is how I was able to quit smoking but that was with 1.8 ohm coil. Would be about equivalent to 6mg on a sub ohm coil. As for your second, it will screw up the ratio as well as nic mg/ml will be a little diluted. With what you have, the closest I was able to create is you stopping by wal mart and grabing some vg from them and adding 2 ml of that to your mix. You will then get 5 mg/ml at 35PG/65VG. Hope this helps

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Yes you will be vaping 6 mg/ml 30PG/70VG Unflavored if you just used the nic. I vape 24 mg/ml 70PG/30VG about 80% of the time. That is how I was able to quit smoking but that was with 1.8 ohm coil. Would be about equivalent to 6mg on a sub ohm coil. As for your second, it will screw up the ratio as well as nic mg/ml will be a little diluted. With what you have, the closest I was able to create is you stopping by wal mart and grabing some vg from them and adding 2 ml of that to your mix. You will then get 5 mg/ml at 35PG/65VG. Hope this helps
@Viper2020 That is with 10% flavoring. Taste is subjective and it might not suit your taste. You may have to bump it up or down depending. That would also screw up your ratio. Since I vape both high and low end of the ratio I buy my nic @ 100mg/ml 100%PG. I do that so I can Dilute it down to 36 mg @ 70PG 30VG which gives me the most success at mixing both 70/30 24mg and 30/70 3-6mg depending on amount of flavoring.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Correct. Unless of course, it also has the same ratio.

• Agree
Reactions: Ablonz

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
In this situation, you need to buy higher strength nicotine liquid because as you add ingredients you lose strength. If you start with 6mg, you can't add anything and the calculator will say not possible. Next time, try and get some 18mg and work with that.
You cannot buy over 18mg (20mg) in the UK. Always buy stronger, unless you want to buy 9mg, say... and then add flavor and a bit of extra stuff to get down to 6mg.
I went for a long time buying large bottles of 12mg then adding 10-20% flavor... that still keeps it around 10mg.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Heres a better fix....buy your nicotine base in either pg or vg but not in a combo of both. Nicotine river sells nic at 48mg per ml in straight pg. Flavorings are usually pg based as well. Using the juice calculator determine how many mls of your nicotine and flavorings you need to add for a 30ml batch at your choice strength and mix these in your bottle. Then simply fill the remaining space in the bottle with vg and shake well. It will be a max vg mix but this is easier than trying to measure everything down to the last molecule. Buying your nic premixed with vg AND pg isnt the easiest way to go, just confuses the juice calculator and adds too much hassle of trying to split hairs. Youd be way better off using nicotine in a pg only base at 48mg per or even 100mg per. And i didnt mean to imply nicotine river at the only source of nic base. There are other suppliers as well who sell nic base. Just dont buy your nic premixed that way, it just unecessarily complicates something that is so easy, even a caveman can do it.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
You may want to make your own PG/VG/nic base at some point so you can customize it to be closer to what you want.

I make mine based on a 15% flavor total which is the amount of my avg recipes. If it’s a bit over or under I’m fine with that.

You’ll save money too in the long run by making you own nic base.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread