Need help with my Russian 91% (Kayfun Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
So I managed to get my hands on a Russian 91%.

It's my first rta, but the coil building was simple for me because I used to do jewelry work.

The problem I'm having is that the tank keeps leaking out of the airhole. I can't get it to keep a vacuum.

I've checked every single o-ring and replaced them all, yet it still leaks terribly out of the airhole. I tried adjusting the airflow on it and that didn't work either. I can't seem to figure out the problem. I've been screwing with this thing for nearly 6 hours total over the past 3 days and can't get it to stop.

Any thoughts?

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
Make sure the chimney is making a good seal with the top cap. Some of the clones are a touch short there and can cause issues. That said I've got one that is a trouble maker with the same issue that I can't figure out.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

The chimney makes a really tight connection with the o-ring at the top, so I'm not sure it's that.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
I had one doing the same thing. It might be over-filled. Mine was it turned out. I have the plastic window for mine, but I wa s trying to use it a ll meta l so I was having trouble knowing when to stop putting juice in it. Now I just squeeze the needle bottle 3 times call that full and on with the show.

It's hard to determine when it's overfilled. They advertise that it can hold 4.5 mils, but I only really fill it up halfway and it's still leaking.

kmapjr

Dec 8, 2013
Detroit, Mi, USA
My brother has had this same issue on a Tobeco clone, I replaced all seals & still was a flooder but my hCigars seem to not leak a drip & I build chimney coils & horizontal coils on those, I looked over & over on that thing worked on it with many builds but could never stop the leak.. Hope u find an answer, good luck to you!

No It's Not Smoke

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
so.. I top fill my Russian.. it will leak a bit, I blow through the drip tip back into it, forces the juice out of the air hole, then its fine.

coil height to the air hole can make a difference, all seals tight, etc. fill to about 1/4- 1/8 inch from the top. ( if you are top filling )

try blowing back into it, cleaning it, then using it. see if it still leaks after that. if so, I suspect its defective,

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
I have been having the same problem with mine. Last night I built a micro coil with 1 piece of 2.5mm cotton wicking (yeah I need to buy some organic cotton balls, but I bought the wicking when I had my ProTank2) I used to use 2 pieces of the 2.5mm cotton wicking...hoping that it was just wicking up too much juice. So far so good...guess time will tell if it solved the problem. Best of Luck!

I top-fill my authentic Russian 91%. For me, it's the only way it WON'T consistently leak. By top-filling, you're creating a new vacuum seal in the chamber each time you fill. It takes a few tries before you get it right, but once you do, you'll rarely experience leaks. There's a lot of video tutorials out there that show you how to do this.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
check the plastic tank near the threads. as others have mentioned it could be a variety of things but the only time i had a kayfun leak like this the plastic tank had a slight crack in it or the threads can be crossed. i have dropped my kayfun a time or two and it made the threads jump which made for a bad seal. so if you haven't found the issue these are just some other possibilitys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread