Need help with the new Smok GX350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskr45

Mar 21, 2017
Ok so after dealing with this, I went out and got some electrical contact cleaner, I sprayed it on a q-tip and ran it over the button a few times while running my finger across the entire button. I repeated this a few times. With the power off, I must have pushed the down button a few hundred times, the diwn button is clicks but the up side is kinda mushy. Leading me to believe there is gunk non there or maybe just a ....ty design. Either way, cleaning it and setting the screen timer to its minimal setting seemed to resolve the issue. I think it has happened one time now over the course of two days, hope it helps

invade350

Aug 25, 2014
United States
Update... So I took back my Smok GX350 kit back to the shop I originally purchased it from. Upon investigation the shop agreed that the unit was indeed defective and something was up either hardware or software and they refunded me back my full amount no questions asked.

I've sent Smok multiple emails with no response back. We need to get the attention of Smok in this matter so they either redesign the mod or fix the bugs. Don't get me wrong I loved how the mod felt and performed when 100% working order. If they decide to roll out a revised version I would still purchase it. For now I'll vape on my Alien 220.

Anyone with further info please share! Thanks.

JmOnEy69Xz

Apr 26, 2017
I have had my GX350 for about three weeks. I have had no issues, no auto fire, no misfire, no wattage hops or anything. The only minor issue I had was when I tried to put an E-Clyp on it with the TFV12 and apparently the 510 on the TFV12 is a hair shorter and the screen read check atomizer. Once talking to someone, I was notified of this and it is running fine now. (GX350 silver, TFV12 7 color)

Angel143

May 11, 2017
Hello, my girlfriend just bought the new 4cell gx350 Max wattage is 350, she loves it, I love it (when I steal it and crank it up with my tfv12) but quite often the thing sets itself to 350 watts! She's cooked more than 3 atomizers for her tfv8, and has switched back to her 213. Has anyone who has this mod had that problem? If anyone even has some basic troubleshooting that we can try out we would be eternally grateful!!

PS. This is my first post, first time finding this forum. What a cool place, glad to have joined the community!

This has happened to me 3 times with my GX350! It actually just happened 30 seconds ago which made me google the problem and came across your post! .... It's really scary and makes me super paranoid about firing the GX350 without first checking and double checking the wattage I really don't feel as if it's possible that I "accidentally" pushed the buttons. ... The first time it happened it was my first use after changing the batteries... it reset itself to 350 watt and I almost died when I inhaled! But the second and third time was just a case of picking it and firing it. ... So I'm not sure why it's happening or if the buttons are super sensitive, but it's definitely something to be careful of.

kiddveflax

May 12, 2017
I've been having the same issue for the last week or so. Wattage would jump to 350 just sitting on the desk. I'd go to fire it and it would lock itself, and setting would just get all wonky. I finally decided to mess with the mod a bit today and see if I could fix the issue and got into the settings menu. Went to download and used the firmware option. The device is now once again working like it should.

rcsanders

May 13, 2017
OK so my husband is on his second gx350 in less than a two weeks, first one the screen went dim and wouldn't get brighter or dimmer after only having it a few days took it back and after much persistence on our part only having bought the thing a few days prior walked out with the second, fast forward two weeks now the SECOND gx350 screen has totally went out. there appeaser to be no updates available, and smok has not responded, the shop we bought it from didn't want to take the first one back it took a great deal of firm discussion to get him to swap it out so i know it would be a bigger battle on the second one. Now before anyone says its operator error I can assure you IT IS NOT. We are not new to vaping. Anyone have any suggestions or similar issues? If so what did you do and what would you suggest

Pat Thompson

May 20, 2017
Hello, my girlfriend just bought the new 4cell gx350 Max wattage is 350, she loves it, I love it (when I steal it and crank it up with my tfv12) but quite often the thing sets itself to 350 watts! She's cooked more than 3 atomizers for her tfv8, and has switched back to her 213. Has anyone who has this mod had that problem? If anyone even has some basic troubleshooting that we can try out we would be eternally grateful!!

PS. This is my first post, first time finding this forum. What a cool place, glad to have joined the community!
I am having this same problem with mine. If you have found a fix please let me know. Mine will hop up as I am hitting it. I have learned to recognize the sound so I immediately stop firing it and put it back down.

FantasyVapeGuy

May 20, 2017

ok Taylor. Not sure on your gx350 but mine HAD same issue. Just happens i know juice leaked out of tank, and went into the hole where button is. Tried to let dry without fixing it. Worked around it until it locked up yesterday and wouldn't go up. Was minus side sticking. Anyways to fix mine i took a can of Electrical parts cleaner (auto parts store should carry) and removed the trigger and filled up the hole where it fires from. Shook it and blew out excess. Wiggled button a few times while full. Dried (approximately 10 minutes ) and put batteries back in. Ready to blow clouds. Electrical parts cleaner does wonders without having to disassemble your mod. Hope this helps you.

Pat Thompson

May 20, 2017
ok Taylor. Not sure on your gx350 but mine HAD same issue. Just happens i know juice leaked out of tank, and went into the hole where button is. Tried to let dry without fixing it. Worked around it until it locked up yesterday and wouldn't go up. Was minus side sticking. Anyways to fix mine i took a can of Electrical parts cleaner (auto parts store should carry) and removed the trigger and filled up the hole where it fires from. Shook it and blew out excess. Wiggled button a few times while full. Dried (approximately 10 minutes ) and put batteries back in. Ready to blow clouds. Electrical parts cleaner does wonders without having to disassemble your mod. Hope this helps you.
How do you remove the fire button? Mine just started firing all by itself last night. Between firing on its own and the wattage shooting up to 350 (I vape at about 65) I'm about ready to take mine back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread