Need help with threading identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! well this is my first post on the site and I am excited to be here and hopefully get a little help. here is my problem. I ordered a few things off madvapes including a vivi nova slim "808" tank. well I figured from the picture it would fit a basic eGo battery, but it finally came today, and so did my vv eGo battery and it has internal threading unlike on a video I saw. I am confused with the whole threading thing but the tank clearly will not fit onto the battery. Guess i was just ignorant and ignored that 808 number. well now i am looking for an adapter that would thread into an eGo battery and then thread into this 808 tank. i have not had much luck or reference as to what the right adapter would be. just mainly wondering what kind of adapter i would need to get this setup to work?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

Maybe this will be helpful in the future.

egolatest.jpg

coops1977

Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Hi, thanks for the picture.
Just to clarify, the image of the battery with the Ego external thread and the 510 internal thread, is this battery able to connect to both ego and 510 tanks? And if so, do all batteries have both threads like this? I was under the impression that you had to buy either a 510 battery or a Ego battery, I didn't realise you could purchase a battery that did both.

coops1977

Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Hi again. I have one more question if that's ok, are the ego threads on the tank side always female (so male ego on the battery), and are 510 threads always male on the tank side (so female 510 threads on the battery)? Is this always the case or can you purchase tanks that have the reverse of what I asked above (so for example can you purchase a tank that has a male ego thread). Sorry if the question is a little confusing, I'm just trying to avoid buying any batteries or tanks online that won't fit when you get them in the male. Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread