Need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started vaping about 2 months ago and have done nothing but read up on this new hobby. I am currently using an eleaf iStick pico 75 but want to upgrade. I've looked around and have narrowed it down to 2, Vapresso Revenger X and the iJoy capo squonk. Any advice from fellow capers who are either using one or both on which to get. I like the ease of the Revenger but really like the idea off building my own coils.
The issues I have with the pico are the battery life and going through juice pretty fast (might be puffing away too much)
I'm looking for something I can fill before I leave for work and not have to refill every time I step outside to vape. Also looking for better flavor and long term cost effective.
Any and all advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So I started vaping about 2 months ago and have done nothing but read up on this new hobby. I am currently using an eleaf iStick pico 75 but want to upgrade. I've looked around and have narrowed it down to 2, Vapresso Revenger X and the iJoy capo squonk. Any advice from fellow capers who are either using one or both on which to get. I like the ease of the Revenger but really like the idea off building my own coils.
The issues I have with the pico are the battery life and going through juice pretty fast (might be puffing away too much)
I'm looking for something I can fill before I leave for work and not have to refill every time I step outside to vape. Also looking for better flavor and long term cost effective.
Any and all advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

I use the Revenger X and love it. I vape using a .2 or .15 coil usually or the Ccell ceramic which has gives great flavor. I vape in VW mode between 50-60 watts. There’s nothing I dislike about the kit.

I would suggest to watch some video reviews on YouTube if you haven’t already on both systems.

Good luck with whatever one you choose!

sara

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
If you already have battery issue the capo squonk won't be better, it's still a single battery mod, though you have more ejuice in the bottle compared to a tank (about 9-10ml i think in the capo?) i use a squonker myself and i refill the bottle about 2-3 times per work day, then again it always depends on how much you vape and how frequently. If you wanna start building i won't stop you but know that you don't necessarily need to roll your own coils i buy pre made claptons and they've served me well.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
By reading the specs and watching reviews, I mostly miss the 4'th dimension of a mod - the weight. I don't like to carry bags or backpacks and I carry about my pockets. 200g+ incl. batteries and the tank is too much for me.
So, the only 2x18650 mods that I use are:
Eleaf Invoke 220W (77g)
Tesla WYE 200W (67g)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Go with the Vaperesso mod if you prefer it. Agreed that the Capo squnok isn't going to solve your battery issues, though it may solve your filling issues. I'm not sure I know of regulated, 2 battery squonk, but you can certainly get much better battery life with a two battery mod and the X looks really nice.

I'd suggest going with a tank that (maybe with an extension "bubble" type tank) will give you at least 4--5 ml capacity, if you can that has topfill, so you won't be refilling so often. I do find it easier to carry around batteries than juice (although to be fair, I routinely carry both). I don't know what type of vape style you like, so I can't really recommend a tank, other than trying to find one with decent size.

Welcome to ECF, congrats on switching to vaping. I was NOT a fan of the pico's 75 watt battery life either, and I vaped at low wattages. I can only think that is has a board that does a poor job of converting power to the battery.

Finally, welcome to ECF and congrats on switching to vaping. If you need tank suggestions, go ahead and post the type of tanks that you would like to be running (sub0hm vs MTL, and etc.)

Anna

Reactions: Heartsdelight

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You could just get a new atty for the pico if you want to build. The best beginner build attys are RDAs which will not solve your juice issue at all. @QcVaper makes a good point about the capo. It’s a big battery, but there’s only one of them. I don’t know what these other “issues” @Heartsdelight is talking about but they may impinge too.
Perhaps the revenger with one of those squonking Add-ons, though that can make for a pretty tall tank

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I would suggest that you get a kit were you can buy the mod only. Since you want to build your own coils, I would suggest getting an RDA rather. A good single coil RDA like the Wasp nano paired with a Hotcig RSQ Squonk mod should be good buy it does use up juice. You'll probably be doing 1 bottle a day on average.

2nd options would be to use other single coil RDA's with a big juice well and pair it with a good 100w+ for better battery life. Something like the Augvape V200 should be good and for RDA's there's a whole range of good single coil RDA's.

So I pulled the trigger and went with the Vapresso Revenger X. Already can taste the difference between it and the pico. Plus, pretty much all day and no need to change batteries or fill tank!!!! Maybe I'll give the squonk a shot later. Thanks for all the input everybody!!

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
I apologize in advance for my long answer. I can sometimes be too “wordy” LOL.

There are so many variables involved in making an atomizer recommendation, namely are you a Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) vaper, or Direct-to-lung (DTL)? MTL tanks typically offer a tighter draw, DTL tanks are more ‘airy’.

If you’re a MTL vaper, which I think you probably are, flavor is your primary goal. Making your own coils is possibly out of the question since you’re still new. So a sub-ohm tank is your best bet. It uses pre-made coils in various ohm ratings to suit your needs.
Or perhaps building your own coils might be in your future? In that case a “hybrid” tank may fit your needs. It can use both pre-made factory coils, or comes with a RBA (rebuildable atomizer) unit where you can make your own coils. Kangertech’s Toptank Mini is a good example. You get the best of both worlds.

You probably bought the starter kit version of the Pico 75 that comes with the Melo III Mini atty that only holds 2 mls of e-juice. You’re probably refilling often which creates the illusion that you’re vaping too much, when you’re actually not.

As an interesting side note, if your Pico came with the Melo Mini, a rebuildable head is available:
Eleaf Melo 2 RBA (ECR Head)

As for the short battery life, some other details are needed. Do you vape in Wattage mode or TC? If in Wattage mode, what is the power setting? The higher the wattage, the shorter the battery life.

Which brings me to the next question, what brand and battery rating are you using. Only stick to the quality name brands such as Samsung, LG, or Sony. Avoid eFest as they rewrap other manufacturers’ batteries and the mAH (Mili Amp Hour) ratings don’t always jive.

Battery ratings vary too. I use LG and Samsung 3000 mAH batteries. They last longer (to me at least) than a 2500 mAH battery.

Don’t write off the Pico 75 so quickly. I’ve had mine for over a year, and it still vapes fine. I now vape exclusively in TC mode using DIY stainless steel 316L, 28 gauge wire. I reduced TC wattage input from the factory default 75 down to 55. I can vape all day on one battery. I adjust the wattage as needed, increasing power as the coil and wicks “age”, so to speak.

But if you want to upgrade to another device, the Revenger X sounds like a fine mod. I’ve liked the looks and features since it first hit the market and thinking of getting one in the future.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As for the short battery life, some other details are needed. Do you vape in Wattage mode or TC? If in Wattage mode, what is the power setting? The higher the wattage, the shorter the battery life.

Which brings me to the next question, what brand and battery rating are you using. Only stick to the quality name brands such as Samsung, LG, or Sony. Avoid eFest as they rewrap other manufacturers’ batteries and the mAH (Mili Amp Hour) ratings don’t always jive.

Battery ratings vary too. I use LG and Samsung 3000 mAH batteries. They last longer (to me at least) than a 2500 mAH battery.
^^^ This. :thumb:

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread