Help me pick a TC mod under $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey guys,

I used to be all up in this forum every day and on top of all of the different mods that were available. This was before TC. Now, with family, it's been difficult to stay on top of everything.

I am intrigued with TC and wanting to upgrade my Kanger Subox with a Subtank. This thing has served me well for the last almost 2 years, but it is now beat to heck and it's time to move on.

Requirements:
- able to do VW and TC (I know, this is most of them now)
- Takes 18650 batteries (pretty well invested in these batteries)
- at least 4ml of e-liquid

So, basically, a subox with TC.

Mods I have seen:

- Vaporesso Swag Starter Kit (tank a little small, but I like the size)

- Vaporesso Revenger or Revenger X starter kit (Seems like a winner, although I don't need more than 30W and looks like a finger print magnet)

- SMY SDNA75 TC (hard to find and would also need to get a tank)

- Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC (only 2ml capacity)

Open for any other ideas as well. Anything coming out soon that I should wait for?

Thanks for reading and thanks for your 2 cents.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
As well as the ones Anna mentioned, Joyetech/eLeaf/Wismec mods tend to be fairly good at TC, though nothing will match the DNA board.

If you decide on the Pico, it might be better to get the mod and tank separately so you can get the capacity you want. Note that you're limited to a 23 mm diameter with a Pico because the battery cap gets in the way of anything bigger.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I just got a Smoant Charon TS 218. I haven't had it for long, but I do like the performance of it, and it's pretty small for a dual battery mod. Of course, being a dual battery mod, it's a bit on the heavy side. The touchscreen is a fingerprint magnet, but I just try to not look at it often enough to trigger my OCD. The touchscreen controls are simple and very clear, even in sunlight.

I've heard good things about the Evic Primo SE, and the Wismec Sinuous P80. I'm looking at both to purchase for a single battery mod.

EDIT: I got the Charon at 8 Vape for less than $60...

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
I'm at 51 weeks with my Pico and Joytech Ego One Mega with rebuildable CLR coils and could not happier. Cheap and dependable. I have several other mods but the Pico gets the first call every time. Mine does well with TC too. They do fire a little hot in TC mod but that is easy to regulate.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love the SMY DNA 75, i have two and both have worked flawlessly for over 18 months. I agree they are now hard to find,where did you see them?

Gear best was only place, although it's most likely knock off...

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
You have some good suggestions already. Here is one I like. HCigar VT75c DNA75 Color Chip Mod
It is the HCigar VT75C. Misthub has it for $90 and according to Vapecrawler you can get 15% with code redit15. They only have red left in stock. It will take either an 18650 or a 26650. If you do decide to use a 26650 I recommend the Eleaf as it is exactly 65mm long. Longer batteries have caused some problems with this mod. It is DNA but it will not perform perfectly out of the box. You will need to correct a few parameters using Escribe. It is a single battery mod so battery life is as you would expect from one battery. It is extremely comfortable in the hand and obviously being DNA a wonderful TC unit. It uses the C PCB so it has the full menu system. You may however want to snag another theme than the one provided with the unit as the one from Evolve is a little hokey. Paint wears very well and the 510 is solid and electrically stable. Will fit up to 25mm atty flush. Prior to buying anything, check out the available coils for the atty. It seems crazy to me but all these "kits" claim to be TC capable but few attys have available coils other than Kanthal. A point of frustration for those who do not build.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

JAC Vapour Series B DNA 75W sandstone variety

upload_2017-12-20_15-3-24.jpeg

dna-sandstorm-510.jpg

dna-sandstorm-angle.jpg
dna-sandstorm-s2.jpg

Uses the DNA board. Single battery; I get all day use with a Samsung 30Q 3000mah 20 amp battery.
Does TC. Can use tanks up to 25mm with the Sandstone model (has a lip extension), 22mm with the black. Black has a rubbery paint finish, not that durable. The Sandstone model uses a non-paint metalic finish that is much more durable than the black.

Check the reviews on You Tube; they are all superb. I love mine (black). Purchased the sandstone model for my son's Christmas gift.

I use the original Uwell Crown on mine. Coils are stainless steel so you could do TC with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread