need info on greensmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I am almost certain GreenSmoke is an E9. Not to rain on the parade but a 510 adapter would be silliness, even if it exists as the E9 wont last long enough to warrant the purchase.

You can get a Riva 510 (knockoff EGO) for $30 at Liberty Flights for $30 after the 20% ECF discount. Far better than spending money on an adapter, in my view.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I am so sorry for your friend. Greensmoke is an over-priced-under-performing E-cig. At least according to a video review of it I saw this morning. I don't know if there is anything compatible to it. Do you know what model it is? If it is a 510 then there are some possibilities. Otherwise......maybe someone else knows what model is compatible.

rege

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
pa
no need to tell me i know its overpriced junk but he didnt really want to hear that. i told him to send it back and get a 510 but he wants to keep it so i was looking for other ways to help him out. 1 greensmoke battery is 50 bucks i got my whole 510 mega kit for less than that. i was just hoping to at least find him some cheaper cartos or something. im going to keep trying to get him to send it back. its like a station wagon with a Lamborghini price tag

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Rege, smokers are bullheaded. Just the way it is, lol. buy him a Riva 510 as a "backup" as i said.... Do not say it is better - simply as "in case your beloved GreenSmoke ever dies or is not charged". Trust me on this....

Once he gets the Riva... if he is left alone about it.... he will eventually never use the Greensmoke. If you badger him about it - he will puff the Greensmoke until the bitter end.

Last edited:

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Yeah Bozz, it is an E9. I think we were typing at the same time. It performs worse than our Rangers in the World Series... buy the Riva...trust me.

LOL, I have been meaning to change the avatar. Was really hoping the Rangers would pull it out. Hmmm, maybe the Houston Texans.

Rege, your friend probably has way too much invested in the Greensmoke to just give it up so soon. I really don't blame him for trying to make it work. But, eventually......he will have to. I am concerned that he may go back to analogs thinking that all e-cigs are junk.

Perhaps you should suggest that he keep the GS for a back up and see if you can get him to purchase an Ego, or Riva, or a standard 510. Or whatever you have had good results with.

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
No chance in my view. Houston Texans have the same problem as the Cowboys - no chance of winning with Phillips as coach or what the Texans have as QB. Simple as that. I said day one that hiring Phillips was a very, very bad idea. The NFL is not like it was 20 years ago. It has men that are brilliant minds, like Belichick and Payton. The rest are like most CEO's - drastically overpaid and not visionaries.

The reason that the Colts are the exception to this is that Manning is essentially the head coach. He not only calls his plays on the field - he sets the tone in practice. The head coach in Indy is literally almost a figurehead.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Your friend is being hard-headed. That's fine. I had GreenSmokes for a little over a week before I sent them back for a refund. Way overpriced and didn't perform anywhere near what I expected. If he wants to keep them then he can get much cheaper replacement parts at LeCig.com. They have the 808D-2 batteries and cartomizers. He can buy blanks and refill them himself for much cheaper than buying new ones on the GreenSmokes site.

GreenSm0ke

Nov 2, 2010
Kansas
What a bummer, I recently purchased the greensmoke starter kit & I love it! However, I am concerned about what is in the juice, so I am waiting on an order of organic tobacco to make my own. The only thing I don't enjoy about my greensmoke, is that compared to the non-filter roll your own cig... these digital cigs are hard to pull on :( Once I start making my own juice, really the only thing I'll be in the market for is batteries and empty cartomizers. I'll probably end up cutting the threads off a cart and constructing a slide on receptacle with a replacable heating element. These "atomizers" are really just one tiny wire. Because the wire is so small it heats up (a heating element). This is how you vaporize. Oh ya, I'm also concerned about the solder they use to attach the wire to the inside of the cartridge. Traditionally, all solder was LEAD. And we all know how much China likes lead... so are we inhaling hot lead? Probably.. I'll let eveyone know when I'm producing and selling made in the USA carts + organic juice. :)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
From what I understand, the cartomizers are filled with juice from Johnson Creek and a lot of people here get juice from them. I really hated their cartomizers. It was like sucking a really thick milkshake through a very thin straw and it made my jaw hurt. They only held a little bit of juice, too. I was just too heavy of a smoker to really enjoy them.

The battery life on my eGo, the cartridges, and the cartomizers really make me happy.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
GreenSm0ke... the Greensmoke will work. It is fine for what it is, other than cost. Like the Blu people would not bash it if it was 1/3 the cost. That is the reason those get bashed.... if the Blu and greensmoke were $30 people would say they were fairly decent.

Point being, people that own it - own it. Forget the price you paid, who cares.

Last edited:

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
Hey Doc!

I see you changed your username. Cool. Did not know you could do that.

(Unless there's somebody with the username 'TheBuss' using the same
avatar and pushing the same Riva 510... lol)

When I first saw this post I wanted to offer some help to Rege for his
friend with the GreenSmoke setup. You may recall my post about having
purchased the Smoke 51 brand of the same equipment (e9).

The short answer to his question is that some parts and accessories
are available without having to buy from GreenSmoke or at their
prices. These parts are for model numbers e9 or KR808-D2.

The options are limited. You can't even use D1 accessories with
the wider range of battery and carto options.

WomanOfHeart covered it well enough...

WomanOfHeart said:
If he wants to keep them then he can get much cheaper replacement parts at LeCig.com. They have the 808D-2 batteries and cartomizers. He can buy blanks and refill them himself for much cheaper than buying new ones on the GreenSmokes site.

I wrote a reply [to Rege] but it was lost. Hit the wrong button.

Just as well because I ranted a bit in that post. I was irritated
at the number of people who basically say "dump the GreenSmoke
and get a real e-cigarette" or words to that affect.

I also noticed you [DocWyatt] push the Riva in nearly every thread I have
read where you offered advice. Could not understand your
motive. But now it appears you are just honestly recommending
a product you firmly believe in.

You redeemed yourself here...

GreenSm0ke... the Greensmoke will work. It is fine for what it is, other than cost. Like the Blu people would not bash it if it was 1/3 the cost. That is the reason those get bashed.... if the Blu and greensmoke were $30 people would say they were fairly decent.

Point being, people that own it - own it. Forget the price you paid, who cares.

I own it (Smoke 51). You're right. The money is already spent. I don't care how
much I already spent and neither should anyone else.

Your post made me stop and think about what I'm doing by trying to find
out for myself if there is any hope with this setup.

Logically, it should work. The D2 is not that different from the D1.

The biggest difference is the fitting, which means the chargers and
cartos are different. Everything else aside, the battery is the same
size and delivers the same voltage or power.

I have tested the new blank cartos from ecig (China) and they are
much better than the stock Smoke 51 cartos sold at the kiosk.

With the right cartos, the right juice, a charged battery and
proper use... the GreenSmoke or Smoke 51 or any other e9
setup should be just as enjoyable as any other product based
on vaping preference, in particular the popular KR808-D1.

Debating whether to start a Smoke51/GreenSmoke/e9 blog
to detail my quest to find the right combination of Cartos
and juice for those who don't want to change models for
any reason... or say screw it and get a Riva.

Ahhh... the possibilities...

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Yes, I do push the eGo/Riva a lot, and yes, I firmly believe in it. While I was using the GreenSmokes I was still smoking, so it really wasn't working for me. I quit analogs the day I got my eGo. Before I decided to buy the eGo, I seriously considered keeping my GreenSmokes and just making them work, which is how I found out about the LeCig site. I just couldn't justify spending $50 on a single battery that I had to charge every couple of hours. It basically boils down to satisfaction, and I just wasn't with GreenSmokes. I apologize if my post came off as judgmental and narrow-minded. It truly was not my intent.

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
I apologize if my post came off as judgmental and narrow-minded. It truly was not my intent.

No need to apologize at all. Your comments did not offend or bother me at all. I thought
you politely offered what you knew about GreenSmoke based on first hand experience,
which is far better than other comments from people based on 'what they heard' or saw
in a YouTube video.

My statement about pushing the Riva was actually directed at Doc (Wyatt Earp) Holiday. ;~)

But went on to say that (after calming down) his suggestion also seemed like an
honest attempt to help based on his love of the Riva. (words to that affect)

I'm still very new here, and have no intent to *flame* anyone.

It does puzzle me that the D2 can get so many 'thumbs down' while the D1 is a top-rated product.

Surely we must be missing something... or maybe it's just me and I'll find out the hard way.

Would love to find some direct comparisons on the two battery models (D1 v D2). If it's not
a battery problem with GreenSmoke or Smoke 51... it must be the cartos.

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I only recommend - not pushing anything - the Riva 510 because it is $30 freaking dollars... lol. I mean how can anyone possibly go wrong with that price? I mean it is $30!! lol. It is about the price of a couple of disposables...

If someone doesn't like it they can throw it in the trash for that price... no biggie.

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Personally, I'd rather spend the extra money and get Joyetech eGo 900mAh or 1000mAh batteries that have longer lives. I found the 1300mAh batteries are too long for me (and they're Bauway brands), so I won't be buying any more of those.

Never cared to buy generic stuff, unless it's the Equate brand of pharmaceutical off-the-shelf products at Walmart. I also don't care about buying kits and would prefer not to accumulate all those included atomizers, prefilled cartridges, cheap drip tips, and non-eGo non-fast chargers that I'll never use. That's just me, though.

I know that $30 is a lot of money to some people, so they want to be sure they buy something that's gonna work for a while. Riva probably will work fine for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread