Need math help, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesf

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Cork, Ireland
Looks like it works good to me, I have added all sorts of calculations in to the v13 calculator that figures out the ml and mg of up to 2-4 juices added together, and setting a target ml and mg letting the calculator tell you how much of each juice to add together to make the target but failed to add this type of calculation. It would be a nice addition to the v13 calculator if you don't mind me snagging your code to add it in. I like all resources in one place when mixing. Let me know if it is ok to repurpose your work. Thanks again for a simple solution.
Dan

Steal away, it's only 5 minutes work on my side. Nothing special.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can't thank all you "smarties" enough! The older I get the more I lose any math skills I once had.

The longer you are away from something like math, the hard it is to recall how to do things.

Just curious. Did you mix up a new mg batch? How did it taste?

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Because I've insomnia and need something to do I implemented DVap's formula into an Excel spreadsheet to make life easier for people without Mathematica or similar to do the work for them.

Calculator for Strengthening or Diluting E-Juices

It's very simple and isn't very shiny I'm afraid but it gives the correct answers! :p

Our fathers would have implemented the formula on a slide rule... just to circle back to a previous topic.... ;)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
The longer you are away from something like math, the hard it is to recall how to do things.

Just curious. Did you mix up a new mg batch? How did it taste?

I made some DIY for a friend and he wanted it a higher mg so I made the flavor a bit stronger so he could add whatever additional nic he wanted. He said it worked great and he loves it.

I need to see if Dan added this to his calculator. It amazes me how I use to be able to figure out most things in my head and now there's nothing in there... it's blank. :blush: Oh well, I AM blond!

Thanks again everyone! :)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I made some DIY for a friend and he wanted it a higher mg so I made the flavor a bit stronger so he could add whatever additional nic he wanted. He said it worked great and he loves it.

I need to see if Dan added this to his calculator. It amazes me how I use to be able to figure out most things in my head and now there's nothing in there... it's blank. :blush: Oh well, I AM blond!

I have added it, but was waiting for a release statement :) Looks like I got it, so it will be out soon.
Dan

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Because I've insomnia and need something to do I implemented DVap's formula into an Excel spreadsheet to make life easier for people without Mathematica or similar to do the work for them.

Calculator for Strengthening or Diluting E-Juices

It's very simple and isn't very shiny I'm afraid but it gives the correct answers! :p

I like your presentation better than mine.

I used:

Conc = [(Vol1 * Conc1) + (Vol2 * Conc2)] / (Vol1 + Vol2)

and solved for Vol2 quite roundabout while you came up with the more direct Vol2 formula:

Vol2 = - (Vol1 * (Conc1 - Conc)) / (Conc2 - Conc)

My algebra is far too dodgy to get Vol2 all by itself... I might be a chemist, but I've always been weak with math! :oops:

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009

I got in trouble awhile back when my wife let a friend redo the blond hair coloring she's preferred for many years over her natural brown.

The job didn't go well at all, and it took a professional to fix it, along with six weeks of her having to go with her natural brown.. she hated it.

I don't suppose it was a good idea that I tried to cheer her up with, "It's OK, dear, at least you can do math now".

nesf

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Cork, Ireland
I like your presentation better than mine.

I used:

Conc = [(Vol1 * Conc1) + (Vol2 * Conc2)] / (Vol1 + Vol2)

and solved for Vol2 quite roundabout while you came up with the more direct Vol2 formula:

Vol2 = - (Vol1 * (Conc1 - Conc)) / (Conc2 - Conc)

My algebra is far too dodgy to get Vol2 all by itself... I might be a chemist, but I've always been weak with math! :oops:

Don't worry, I made several basic mistakes involving forgetting to reverse signs and similar while working it out by hand. My algebra is *very* rusty. :p

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Just sounds like you haven't had to work with Ratios for a while. Math is like ridding a Bike. If you ever learned it, you can get it back with a little practice. ;)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Just sounds like you haven't had to work with Ratios for a while. Math is like ridding a Bike. If you ever learned it, you can get it back with a little practice. ;)

Yeah, but with friends like you guys I don't need to. :p

jynn, that's Sammy, a 25# Maine .... cat and the love of my life. He moved on a few years ago and I still miss him terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread