Need new mod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrushyHillGuide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Sabinal, TX
I haven't been on here or bought any new vaping stuff in 2-3 years but my last good box mod is toast and I'm looking for a new one. I've been using a couple old Sigelli 100w w/ dual 18650s. They have been awesome units - I work on a ranch and those things have taken 10x more abuse than I ever imagined they could! Finally, though, they died. I'm limping along with an old 40w box I had tucked away but I need something better....quick! LOL!

I'm looking for something that'll deliver 150W minimum and I want something durable <--because of my work. So, I don't want some touch screen mod or anything like that. I don't vape as much as I used to (I'm off nicotine completely, thanks to vaping!) so I don't necessarily need a dual battery box but I did like the fact that those Sigellis would last for a long time. If I put a tank on them I didn't have to worry about them for several days. But, if there's a pretty efficient single 18650 box, I'm open to that. Also, I prefer a toolless battery door - hopefully with strong magnets.

I don't need the biggest, baddest, most expensive thing out there. I just want something dependable. Any thoughts on a Mage 217? Any suggestions/recommendations would sure be appreciated!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
There is only one mod you should be looking at, the Legend. Working on a ranch and listing durability as your main concern the Legend will be perfect for you. The single battery Aegis is just as tough but because you want 150w it gets disqualified. The legend isn’t just tough it also performs well so it’s a no brainer. Vapecrawler dot com is a good site to search for where to buy from. Just type in Legend and it will list sites and prices so you can find the best price. Good luck to you.

BrushyHillGuide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Sabinal, TX
I think Straightforward is a Good Way to describe the Standard onto whether or Not a Tax Should or Should be Applicable.

But as to Legislating from the Bench, I think a Strong Argument could be made that Congress's Inability to Statutorily Decide issues which have evolved is causing the Judicial Branch to play a Larger and Larger Role in the way we live our lives.

Either way a Supreme Court Rules could be Viewed as Judicial Legislation, depending on whether one is For or Against, in the Absence of Clear and Concise Laws governing some aspect such as Internet Taxation.

I tend to place more Blame on a Systemically Broken Congressional System than I do on our Judicial System. Congress hasn't kept pace with how things are done Today verses how they were done in the Past.

And this Forces More and More things to be Decided in the Courts. Whether they Want to or Not.

I'm hoping they pass it. So much money is drained away from local sales, it would be a good option for us to pay 5% across each state with the taxes going to the buying state, not the selling state. Yes I will now duck but my stance remains the same.

There is no doubt the amount of waste and graft that goes on in government is staggering (I'm in Illinois, if we didn't invent corrupt politicians, we perfected them). However, I'm grateful to have the road, police, fire, sanitation, infrastructure, etc. that taxes help provide. Rather than having to dig a hole in the ground every few months because the human waste has stacked up, I enjoy riding the porcelain knowing that it is the entire encounter I will have with elimination (sans the joy we men have with occasional outdoor ......). I enjoy driving to work on roads rather than having to use a rail dune buggy on washed out trails. I enjoy knowing the fire department is just a few blocks away and will come and put it out if my house is on fire (and unlike the early days of fire service, I won't have to negotiate a price to save it while it burns). Our national infrastructure is desperately in need of rejuvenation. Our service men go grossly underpaid. 1 in 5 kids goes hungry. If the nickel per dollar helps alleviate some of that, I'm happy to pay it. Is there any guarantee it will? No. But, in the grand scheme of things, I have little need for more stuff so if the tax goes to useful things, I'm ok with it.

To me I always looked at not paying taxes for online sales as the counter balance to shipping costs. Paying both taxes and shipping may start making local retail cheaper again. While that is good news for those local retailers, it could spell trouble for smaller online shops. Those smaller online shops will not only lose sales, they will have to spend more to collect and remit those taxes for every state. There are some tax calculating web services but those can get expensive.

Aegis Legend, water and shock resistant and tough as nails.

Aegis Legend Kit

Geekvape aegis (single battery, 100w) and geekvape aegis legend (dual battery, 200w) are known as the toughest mods on the market. Dust proof, water proof, shock proof. They can take a serious beating and brush it off, no problem.

+1 if you want something durable, Aegis Legend for sure

There is only one mod you should be looking at, the Legend. Working on a ranch and listing durability as your main concern the Legend will be perfect for you. The single battery Aegis is just as tough but because you want 150w it gets disqualified. The legend isn’t just tough it also performs well so it’s a no brainer. Vapecrawler dot com is a good site to search for where to buy from. Just type in Legend and it will list sites and prices so you can find the best price. Good luck to you.

Thanks very much!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Your 150W minimum requirement will never get you a single battery mod. Is there a particular reason for that wattage as that's pretty high as an adv setup. Sure will run through batteries even in a 3 battery setup. Maybe a dual 20X battery setup might work as you sure can't do a dual with 20A batteries, and 30A 18650s will only give you 1,500 mAh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread