Need new VV mod to replace VAMO should I get a ZMAX which version and best price for mod +charger and batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherman

May 4, 2012
mars
I bought a VAMO from fasttech. First one received and threads were not machined correctly. Replacement arrived, threads are still broken. So I am looking for a VAMO replacement.

I would only use 18650 batteries so I don't know if I would need the telescope feature (it looks uncomfortable to hold the telescope when fully extended?) Not sure if this is true.

So I would need a battery charger 2 18650 batteries and a mod to replace the VAMO. Any suggestions what I should get. I assume the Ziegli ZMAX but v3 or v5? Also any ideas for the cheapest and most reliable place to buy the above. I am done with ordering from Hong Kong.

Thanks

edit: I realize the batteries that come with kits might be garbage. So any idea where a cheap place to get a good zmax +2 18650 batteries and a charger is. Also what version should I get thanks!

Last edited:

Aquitis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Phoenix AZ
My Vamo V3 has the same thread problem. My friends who bought the V2 kit did not have that problem. You could simply use tanks like the T3S that uses the outer threads so your vamo would work fine. I have a Zmax also V3 and it is basicly a Vamo with slightly higher build quality but they seem to have a lot of electrical problems.

If you think you are going to be vaping for the long term you should invest in a Provari though. You can get the blemished for $140 usually. People often pay $100 for a zmax. I am irritated that Provape has not developed some new up to date mods but they made a mod even I can't break and I have established a mod graveyard with chinese mods that dont work anymore.

motherman

May 4, 2012
mars
My Vamo V3 has the same thread problem. My friends who bought the V2 kit did not have that problem. You could simply use tanks like the T3S that uses the outer threads so your vamo would work fine. I have a Zmax also V3 and it is basicly a Vamo with slightly higher build quality but they seem to have a lot of electrical problems.

If you think you are going to be vaping for the long term you should invest in a Provari though. You can get the blemished for $140 usually. People often pay $100 for a zmax. I am irritated that Provape has not developed some new up to date mods but they made a mod even I can't break and I have established a mod graveyard with chinese mods that dont work anymore.

Yea I will be vaping for a long time and chain vape, but I cannot bring myself to pay $220 for a mod two batteries a charger and the extension cap. Maybe one day but I cant bring myself to do it now.

I feel like a juice box or a zmax is the way to go, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the learning curve of a box mod since I have all the tanks and cartomizers already.

I just dont know what version of the zmax to buy, and who is cheap and reputable. Is the telescoping feature annoying to hold since it looks like it is when using 18650 batteries. I really never use the display except to pick my wattage or voltage levels, having a battery level would be cool but not necessary. I read things about a puff count or what not, and it just seems like a ridiculous gimmick. I set my watts then vape all day.

Thanks!:vapor:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Does anyone know if t he Nitecore i2 Intellicharger works with efest IMR batteries? I see it says LiON but I am not sure.

Thanks!
Yes they work incredibly well...its and "intelligent charger" for a reason silly ;P
I have heard GREAT things about em...and a handful of horror stories but it's usually 5:1 on the good side
From the Manufacturer

The Intellicharger i2 is a universal, automatic smart-charger compatible with almost all types of rechargeable batteries thus eliminating the need to own several chargers. The i2 is able to automatically identify Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries and apply an appropriate charging mode (Constant Charge Current (CC), Constant Charge Voltage (CV) and Trickle Charge). Each of the i2’s two micro processor-controlled
charging slots is capable of monitoring and charging batteries independently. Additionally, yellow and blue power/charging status indicator lights could visibly indicate battery status and charging process. i2: The all-new highly advanced smart charger. It’s as simple as insert, detect, and charge.

Features:
· Capable of charging 2 batteries simultaneously
· Each of the two battery slots monitors and charges independently
· Automatically identifies Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries
· Features three charging modes (CC, CV and Trickle Charge)
· Automatically detects battery status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode
· 3 LED displays charging progress for each battery
· Automatically stops charging when complete
· Features reverse polarity protection
· Designed for optimal heat dissipation
· Certified by both RoHS and CE

Specifications:
Input voltage: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz or DC 12V
Input power: 10W
Output voltage: 4.2V ±1% / 1.48V ±1%
Output current: 0.5A × 2
Dimensions: 132mm × 70mm × 35mm
Weight: 104g (without batteries and power cord)
Compatible with:
Li-ion: 26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 17335, 16340(RCR123), 14500
Ni-MH / Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, C
http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=52
If it can charge 16340's it can charge 18350's too

I say send it back and get a new Vamo...VMAX are good..and it totally SUX that you have so much problems with your rig...mine has worked flawlessly (I know that isn't a consolation prize for you though)

Worse comes to worse...grab the INNOKIN iTaste VW V3.0...very very good, have GREAT reviews is VV/VW, and have USB bypass capability (no need for external charger or batteries! and it runs about the same price as a Vamo tube by itself...(only bad I have heard is the end cap is a little "weak")

Once again sorry for your Vamo woes...when you get a good one and not one of the ones with the dreaded "vamo crapolio thread" issues they really are a GREAT bargain...low priced and does EXACTLY what it's supposed to

Last edited:

motherman

May 4, 2012
mars
I was just curious because a charger on exhale vapors says "WORKS WITH LI-ON BATTERIES ONLY" I saw the IMR were li-mn, so I wasn't sure if it was compatible.

I'm tired of dealing with fastech. I've been vaping for about two years, I purchased my VAMO like THREE months ago. First arrived DOA threads, the second arrived a month later and the threads lasted two weeks. I even purchased a 510-510 adapter and the adapter wouldnt even go in.

I was thinking about a box mod or a juice box, but they dont work with carto tanks right? I don't know if I am in the mood to learn about a whole new system after dealing with this nonsense for three months

was basically looking at exhale vapes and wondered if this Efest 18650 IMR battery (2000mAh) was compatible with TrustFire TR-001 Lithium ion Battery 2 Channel Charger.

I have been interested in checking out a juice box mod or something ill look into the innokin but i think fasttech ruined me

Last edited:

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I just returned a Vamo,threads just didn't work.Most carts can turn 8-10 times before it hot that small positive button inside female 510 connection,mine only 2-3 turns then it looked crooked or just fell out.All my Ego 510 need 8-11 turns because + button is deeper.
You can use 510 and bottom threads on certain types of clearomizers but threads it were not in line with 510 threads.
It's tough as tank so it'll just tear up threads on carts,tanks,etc...
I'd much rather now have the Sigelei Zmax Telescope V3 VV/VW.

leeca

Aug 31, 2013
Garden Grove, CA, USA
Just just ordered the Vamo V5... and a cool Skin to go with.

leeca-albums-puffing-machines-picture252806t-vamo-v5.jpg
leeca-albums-puffing-machines-picture252810t-vamo-v5-skin.jpg

KSD Vamo V5 Express Kit (Don't Include Batteries and Clearomizers)

KSD VAMO V5 APV MOD UNIT

After the launch of Vamo V4, KSD now release the Vamo V5.

The new Vamo V5 utilizes the popular V2 body style with an upgraded V3 PCB and OLED screen and the ability for the top cap to unscrew.

The Vamo V5 is a feature rich variable voltage / wattage mod. This V5 now features better metal buttons, a different battery spring and a new raised 510 connection. In variable voltage mode, the device can go from 3v to 6v in .1v incriments. In variable wattage mode, the device can go from 3.0w to 15w in .5w incriments.

The Vamo V5 has the ability to measure and display the resistance of your atomizer, cartomizer, or tank. All the information shown via a OLED screen. The device takes a single 18650 size battery or it can also be used in its smaller setting with a 18350 as well by removing the bottom section tube.

Vamo V5 instructions:

1: Output Voltage from 3.0V to 6.0V, adjusting the working volt +- 0.1V by pressing + and - buttons.

2: Keep pressing the + button more than 3 sec, OLED screen displays the present working resistance.

3: Keep pressing the - button more than 3 sec, the OLED screen showing the battery volt.

4: 5X click, OLED screen displays " on " or " off ".

5: Output power 3W~15W.

6: Max Armature Current 5A.

7: on/off Mode allows you to shut the unit off completely.

8: Reverse battery protection keeps circuit safe if the battery is installed backward.

9: Battery Monitoring shuts the unit off once battery has reached end of charge.

10: Amperage limiting system protects against over current situations.

11: Thermal Monitoring shuts the device off if it detects a high temperature condition.

12: Fit atomizers with resistance 1.5~5.0ohm.

13: Time limit protection function, it will shut down with more than 10s each puff.

14: OLED screen displays " LO-Ω" if resistance lower than 1.2ohm, "LO-V" if short circuit. BTW, VAMO support both AVG or RMS, keep pressing " +" button more than 10sec, if OLED screen displays 001 means AVG, 002 means RMS, loose the " +" button and keep pressing it more than 10sec, you may change AVG to RMS or RMS to AVG.

http://www.fairy-gift.com/vamo-v5-p-62.html

Price: USD $49.99 -- Save: 20% off = USD $39.99 ;)

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
That is a good price. The issues with the Vamo V3 are probably because of issues with the manufacturer, not Fasttech. I bought mine from an American vendor and the first one that I got was DOA. I had to send it back and get a new one. For whatever reason, the manufacturer just dropped the ball with the production of the V3. Good luck with your V4! Hope it is more reliable

leeca

Aug 31, 2013
Garden Grove, CA, USA
Yes Vamo V3 had many issues (Many had defective threads on the 510 connection.) now they have gone back to the Vamo V2 type body with the Vamo V3 upgraded electronics but also the removable top beauty ring so best of all the features combined. They never did a Vamo V4 just jumped to Vamo V5 that I know of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread