Need personal comparisons on the Ego and the 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
I started off on the Blu, then after a week switched to the 510, cause the Blu was just aweful with very limited choices. I gave the Blu to my fiance and I've been using the 510 for almost 3 weeks now. I'm looking to buy something else now and give my fiance the 510 and just shove the Blu in the back of a drawer for emergency use only. She has good days and bad days with the Blu and I have almost no problems with the 510 (only problem I have is the learning curve). So I'm looking at getting either another 510 or a Ego. Hoping someone can give me a good comparison between the 510 and the Ego from cignot.

Also, if I purchased an Ego, would my 510 car charger work for the Ego as well? I spend most of my work day in the car.

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
The Ego is the 510 on steroids. You wont need the car charger , It comes with 2 batteries and a fast charger if you buy from Cignot. Two charged batteries will last you all day and probably more, they are known to go for 6 hours with a heavy vapor , more with a lighter vapor, You will be able to use the 510 atty and carts with it.
Think of it as a 510 with much much longer battery life, and more power, it looks good too.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I got a 510 from Cignot as my first e-cig. After a few days and seeing that everything was probably going to work out I ordered 2 more 510 kits so as to have plenty of spares. Shortly thereafer I then ordered mega batteries for the 510. A few weeks went by and I still wasn't satisfied with battery life as I'm not always in a position to be recharging things and didn't want to haul around a handful of batteries wherever I went. So about 10 days ago I ordered an eGo. The eGo uses all the 510 stuff - carts, atomizers, cartomizers. It's basically just a vastly better battery with a removable cone that improves draw from the cart while helping to contain any slight juice leakage.

Hindsight is generally 20/20. If I'd known at the beginning what I know now I'd have odered the eGo from the get go. BTW, all my stuff came from Cignot. Great folks and great customer service.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I went from the 510 to the Janty eGo and I have to agree with irwink on hindsight. Man, I wish I'd found this a long time ago. My wife has stayed with her 510 and uses only the XL or extended batteries.
But, I've been able to keep all my 510 attys and carts on my eGo. I urge anyone getting an eGo to get the fast charger. It cuts charging time in half, at least. Plus I get a minimum of 8 hours on my eGo batteries and I have had as much as 10 hours. And the cone eliminates that 510 juice on your hands.
I vape a lot and the eGo is the best I've ever used in our 10 months vaping.
PS: I also highly recommend the ladies at Cignot!

Last edited:

justsomeguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Texas
Since when does cignot sell the eGo?
Is that a Janty eGo? They're billing it as the Joye eGo.
Hm.

Well, I can tell you that having gone from the 510 to the eGo they are really a world of difference. And like irwink mentioned above, had I known then what I know now I would have gotten the eGo right off the bat. It is basically a 510 on steroids.

And yes, your car charger should work - but I doubt you'll want to use it because if it's made for 510 batteries it's probably going to take around 6 or 7 hours to fully charge an eGo battery. I would highly recommend the quick charger (which I believe comes in the kit), it charges the eGo batteries in about 2 hours.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
I got a 510 from Cignot as my first e-cig. After a few days and seeing that everything was probably going to work out I ordered 2 more 510 kits so as to have plenty of spares. Shortly thereafer I then ordered mega batteries for the 510. A few weeks went by and I still wasn't satisfied with battery life as I'm not always in a position to be recharging things and didn't want to haul around a handful of batteries wherever I went. So about 10 days ago I ordered an eGo. The eGo uses all the 510 stuff - carts, atomizers, cartomizers. It's basically just a vastly better battery with a removable cone that improves draw from the cart while helping to contain any slight juice leakage.

Hindsight is generally 20/20. If I'd known at the beginning what I know now I'd have odered the eGo from the get go. BTW, all my stuff came from Cignot. Great folks and great customer service.

So far I've ordered everything from cignot, very good group of people. I'm searching around to expand my variety to order juices from other suppliers.

Another question, I ordered the PTB carts from cignot:

I don't seem to be able to get to much juice in it, without it leaking out a little. On a fresh cart, I start off with maybe 10 drops, but I noticed that when I lay the 510 down for a bit that a small amount of juice will leak out. Any suggestions? Is 10 drops to start off to much? I've read where some people are putting as much as 15 drops. I've been thinking about finding some type of filler material to wrap the PTB around, that would soak up the juice and hold it inside the cart. Or if I should just get some regular PTB and cut them up like the video shows.

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
Also, if I purchased an Ego, would my 510 car charger work for the Ego as well? I spend most of my work day in the car.
I read a lot & started w/ eGo.
It appears all that's needed to run the eGo charger in a car is the car to USB adapter. Mainly needed for long trips or if elect. goes out.

Bat. life depends on use about 6-16 hrs.!
Fast eGo charger about 2 hrs. 510 charger on eGo bat. about 6 hrs.

Do not use eGo charger on 510 bats.!

Get the eGo. :2cool:

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
So far I've ordered everything from cignot, very good group of people. I'm searching around to expand my variety to order juices from other suppliers.

Another question, I ordered the PTB carts from cignot:

I don't seem to be able to get to much juice in it, without it leaking out a little. On a fresh cart, I start off with maybe 10 drops, but I noticed that when I lay the 510 down for a bit that a small amount of juice will leak out. Any suggestions? Is 10 drops to start off to much? I've read where some people are putting as much as 15 drops. I've been thinking about finding some type of filler material to wrap the PTB around, that would soak up the juice and hold it inside the cart. Or if I should just get some regular PTB and cut them up like the video shows.

I used the PTB mod for a few weeks and later moved to the HighPing cart mod. In both cases juice would leak eventually if I let the 510 lay horizontal. So I always tried to keep it propped up battery end down in a CLEAN and now otherwise unused ashtray. I probably used about 10 drops in a fresh clean cart too using the PTB mod. I think the juice leakage vs how much juice to use is going to be an ongoing battle. The cone on the eGo helps alleviate the problem by containing it. Just a couple of days ago I got my first cartomizers which really has alleviated the minor leakage problem for me. Now I don't hesitate to put the eGo in my shirt pocket for fear of leakage.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
I used the PTB mod for a few weeks and later moved to the HighPing cart mod. In both cases juice would leak eventually if I let the 510 lay horizontal. So I always tried to keep it propped up battery end down in a CLEAN and now otherwise unused ashtray. I probably used about 10 drops in a fresh clean cart too using the PTB mod. I think the juice leakage vs how much juice to use is going to be an ongoing battle. The cone on the eGo helps alleviate the problem by containing it. Just a couple of days ago I got my first cartomizers which really has alleviated the minor leakage problem for me. Now I don't hesitate to put the eGo in my shirt pocket for fear of leakage.

Battery end down? I've been putting it exact opposite, thinking that if I put the battery end down for an extended period of time that all the juice would flow towards the atty and flood it, is this wrong? I keep see'ing people talk about cartomizers and I'm getting it confused with just regular carts, can you explain what a cartomizer is and does?

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Battery end down? I've been putting it exact opposite, thinking that if I put the battery end down for an extended period of time that all the juice would flow towards the atty and flood it, is this wrong? I keep see'ing people talk about cartomizers and I'm getting it confused with just regular carts, can you explain what a cartomizer is and does?

Yep. Battery end down. At the beginning I thought the same way - that it would induce flooding. But I found from my own experience, if I HAD NOT OVERFILLED the cart, this kept the attie wet and ready to produce lots of vapor. It might be worth noting that I have been using 100% VG juices so far. VG is more viscuous (thicker) as I understand it than PG. The point being that I can't speak for possible flooding using PG if you leave the 510 in the position I did.

That's my experience. Others may have had a different experience. What you've got to do is read, decide and discover what works best for you. Good luck. It's been fun for me, plus I dropped analogs in the process!

Cignot's been selling the eGo for a while now, like many others. If I understand correctly many dealers handle the eGo, made by Joye. Janty supposedly does some kind of tweaking or fine tuning, I don't know. I just know I got mine from Janty and don't buy supplies for it anywhere else.
i could be wrong, but i swear that somewhere i read that janty was the designer and joye the manufacturer for all, janty, joye, tornado. :confused:

ScatRD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Austin
Yep. Battery end down.
<snip>
The point being that I can't speak for possible flooding using PG if you leave the 510 in the position I did.

I've been using the stock 510 Mega Carto's on my eGo and so far no real leakage. I may get a spot on the tip of the battery but that's been it so far. I'm currently using PG and store it battery down as well with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread