Need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassplayer1

Feb 24, 2014
Manchester ct
My Vamo V5 came today and I've tried it out. I really like the vape but this thing is huge! No way I could carry this in my pocket all day at work. I have my MVP and I guess I'll have to carry that around when I leave the house. Even the MVP is a bit much in my pocket with my protank on it. The top is always popping out the top of my pockets and it looks like a bowl mouthpiece. I'd rather not have that at work for obvious reasons lol Is there a shorter mod I could get? I was looking at the VTR because the tank fits inside of the mod. Anybody know the dimensions of the VTR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It all depends on just how stealthy you want to be, what size pockets you need to fit it in, what other space you have to work with for spares/back-ups, and on what your requirements are to get through the day.

When I go to work, I carry an eGo case in my purse for my longer/bigger batteries and toppers. I only carry a larger mod when I have the car that day and the weather is moderate (so I can use it just for the drive and leave it in the car). Then I carry a 650 mah eGo with a 510-t atty and drip tip in my pocket for stealth vaping in the bathroom.

If you're a guy and only have your pockets, you're a lot more limited. And, if you absolutely have to have VV/VW, you're even more limited.

How much can you vape at work? While working? Only on breaks? Only stealth?

Bassplayer1

Feb 24, 2014
Manchester ct
It all depends on just how stealthy you want to be, what size pockets you need to fit it in, what other space you have to work with for spares/back-ups, and on what your requirements are to get through the day.

When I go to work, I carry an eGo case in my purse for my longer/bigger batteries and toppers. I only carry a larger mod when I have the car that day and the weather is moderate (so I can use it just for the drive and leave it in the car). Then I carry a 650 mah eGo with a 510-t atty and drip tip in my pocket for stealth vaping in the bathroom.

If you're a guy and only have your pockets, you're a lot more limited. And, if you absolutely have to have VV/VW, you're even more limited.

How much can you vape at work? While working? Only on breaks? Only stealth?

I'm a guy. I wear work type cargo pants. Fortunately I can vape whenever at work. I'm alone most of the day. I'm an apartment maintenance guy and live where I work so I don't have to carry extra batteries with me. I'm pretty new and have only gotten through 2 whole days without smoking at all. For that reason I want to have allot of power on the go so I'm not tempted to smoke.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
An MVP is already relatively small for a VV/VW. The only thing I can think of to keep the VV/VW and to be able to use a PT on it is this: 2-post Stand. Discount Vapers also had it and called it a U-Stand. I've also seen it elsewhere under a different name.

ETA: Here is a picture of how someone on the FT thread is using his 2-post stand.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My Vamo V5 came today and I've tried it out. I really like the vape but this thing is huge! No way I could carry this in my pocket all day at work. I have my MVP and I guess I'll have to carry that around when I leave the house. Even the MVP is a bit much in my pocket with my protank on it. The top is always popping out the top of my pockets and it looks like a bowl mouthpiece. I'd rather not have that at work for obvious reasons lol Is there a shorter mod I could get? I was looking at the VTR because the tank fits inside of the mod. Anybody know the dimensions of the VTR?

I think the tank diameter has to be less than 19mm to fit on the side.

Dimensions us | metric
Depth 22 mm
Height 142 mm
Width 54.4 mm
Liquid Volume 3.0 ml
Product Weight 327 g

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I have a Vamo V5 as well, always run it in 18350 mode as it feels like a light saber in 18650 mode to me.

Some good suggestions re smaller vapes above, I set my Nemesis up in 18350 once and it was so small even with a KFL+ on it the only thing that showed outside of my hand was the drip tip. Couldn't run it that way though, too hard to fire it for me in that configuration with my big hands.

The gripper is super stealthy as well if you're good with cartos or atties.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
attachment.php

Vamo in short mode with protank on top and 18350 battery.
Note, tube normally used on bottom can screw on on top.

total length 14cm plus a cm or 2 for the driptip.

attachment.php

Vamo in short mode with protank on top and 18350 battery.
Note, tube normally used on bottom can screw on on top.

total length 14cm plus a cm or 2 for the driptip.

I know this is subjective but. How much time do you get out of your Vamo in short mode? The more I use this thing, the more I like it. Gets a better vape without burning than my MVP for some reason. Don't know if I can go back now!

I wear a lanyard to carry my ego around every where. I can stick it in my shirt if it looks out of place or gets in the way.

Besides, I tend to set things down and forget where I left them so I never misplace my vape. ^^

i used to do this until recently, and I'm looking for mine anymore :(

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I know this is subjective but. How much time do you get out of your Vamo in short mode? The more I use this thing, the more I like it. Gets a better vape without burning than my MVP for some reason. Don't know if I can go back now!

I myself have not been using it is short mode; I still have the 2 original 18350's that came with mine in the sealed plasic they came it.
I have 4 18650s so I am using those; 1 of those lasts me a day, and I usually carry to spares with me anyways of which I usually don't end up needing to change till I get back home anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread