Need some help on Snus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjrich

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Florida
So, my husband dips Copenhagan and has for many many years. He tried giving it up when I gave up cigarettes for vaping back in November of last year. He quit for a couple of months but just couldn't leave it alone. He tried the "herbal" snuff and nicorette gum and chewed that stuff like it was going out of style. Eventually, he returned to snuff. I'd love to get him some snus to try but want to make sure I find something similar to the brand of snuff he uses. Do any of you have any suggestions? I know I can order samples but he's the type that if he's turned off (from the start) on the flavor he won't keep trying others and will just keep doing what he's doing. I know he is dissappointed that he was not able to give it up, especially since I've been smoke free for 4 months (yesterday) :) I have no idea what snuff tastes like so I am at a complete loss as to what to order for him to try. So I appreciate any help you can offer.

OK git him a PrisMaster!! they cheap like 250ish and since he is a loose lover already then it will help him out.

Suggestions are
Oden's es Kanel los
Oden's Es
Probe whiskey
And Gotlanskst Anise.

Check northerner. Warn him they are more subtle and need to go upper lip.

Do not try and pris cope it is full of fail and sickness, I did and ended up just throwing the cans away.. Besides the extra crap american dip has in it.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Mjrich, here's the links for a couple things that Db mentioned. The links are for Getsnus.com, but they only have a couple flavors that DB mentioned. I don't use loose snus, so others will have to chime on on the flavors.

http://www.getsnus.com/snus/accessories/index.asp?p=516&n=Prismaster

Oden''s - GetSnus.com

I'm adding a link for one of my favorite's, but I've never tried the loose.

Grovsnus - GetSnus.com

getsnus is in the U.S., so you'll get it a lot faster than Northerner, which is in Sweden. The other flavors DB mentioned can be found here:

Northerner. Buy Swedish Snus & Snuff Online. The Healthy Smokeless Tobacco Alternative

If you're hubby wants suggestions for portions, let us know.

Just as a suggestion I would recommend getting an Icetool vs a prismaster. They are much higher quality and do a better job of packing the snus. Just a thought. Also you should check out what we have listed on the site. We are domestic and we have the fastest shipping in the US...

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help out.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Just as a suggestion I would recommend getting an Icetool vs a prismaster. They are much higher quality and do a better job of packing the snus.

Whilst and Icetool is a very robust looking piece of equipment, I wouldn't recommend spending so much money up front without knowing if your husband will even like snus.

The prismaster does the job okay but I found it difficult to get each pris tight enough (the los that I had fell apart really easily).

You can make a stronger device, similar to an Icetool with a small syringe (5cc or less) cut off at the needle end and a paperclip* (in red below).

SnusHypo.jpg

* The paperclip through the plunger is to stop it going right through the now open end of of the syringe.

Last edited:
Just as a suggestion I would recommend getting an Icetool vs a prismaster. They are much higher quality and do a better job of packing the snus. Just a thought. Also you should check out what we have listed on the site. We are domestic and we have the fastest shipping in the US...

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help out.

hmm 5ml steel tool?

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Whilst and Icetool is a very robust looking piece of equipment, I wouldn't recommend spending so much money up front without knowing if your husband will even live snus.

The prismaster does the job okay but I found it difficult to get each pris tight enough (the los that I had fell apart really easily).

You can make a stronger device, similar to an Icetool with a small syringe (5cc or less) cut off at the needle end and a paperclip* (in red below).

SnusHypo.jpg

* The paperclip through the plunger is to stop it going right through the now open end of of the syringe.

I got two of those syringe's for free from the local pharmacy.

Mjrich

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Florida
Thanks guys! Your suggestions and advice help a lot. Now, I need to go read up a bit on all this information and see what I can come up with. I knew I could count on you all to have the answers to my questions. Everyone on this forum is so helpful. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions, as this is all so confusing to me. But, I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Northerner also has a us based warehouse the knox loose is also nummy.

I was wondering about that. I ordered from them and expected it would take longer to get. I was so excited when they arrived that I threw the box our before I looked at it.

I ordered a ten pack sampler which, if your not afraid to explore a bit, is a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread