Curious about Snuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about trying out Snuff. I have to admit I still struggle to stay off the cigs even with Snus augmenting my vaping (7 months off cigarettes and still have cravings). I don't want to smoke and am willing to try pretty much any harm reduction method to keep me from inhaling tobacco smoke.

I understand that snuff is close to cigs in the speed of nic delivery. This would help me first thing the mornings where I have the biggest difficulty. That quick fix morning smoke right after waking up is the one I struggle with the most as I'm waiting for my Snus to kick in.

Curious about shipping snuff form an online vendor to a PO Box I have in the States. US tobacco shipping laws are kind of confusing. Anyone do mail order snuff? Was it delivered to your door?

Any info would be great.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's unfortunate but there are some like you and me that still struggle even with snus and vaping. I used snuff also for a year or two until I felt like I didn't need it any more. I ordered snuff online from a few different places. One place from the UK even shipped it by mail even though you aren't supposed to. No signature was required that I can remember. There are about as many snuffs as there are liquids and different strengths. Remember that a little snuff goes a long way.

Thanks for the feedback hitman. A little goes a long way?? They are sold in 5g tins… so is that a lot or a little (or a sample size)? Any suggestions on non-menthol snuff? Something that won’t burn a hole in my sinuses the first time trying but enough nic to make using it worthwhile? This is a case of too much choice is worse than none at all. :)

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The first menthol that comes to mind is McChrystals O&G. Also the ozona raspberry was always a favorite. If you want a really strong one then hedges L260 or Red Bull. Wilson's of Sharrow makes some good snuff. The honey menthol is good. As far as a little being a lot, I meant to start out with small tins because you only pinch a little bit at a time and a 5g tin will last longer than you might think. Not to mention if you don't like it then you're not out much.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Sorry. I misread the post. The honey bee is non menthol. I liked many menthols but Wilson's has some good non menthols. You're gonna have to think about what kinds of scents you like. I liked the Wilson's best sp and WoW coffee bites was a good coffee scent. Sp was kind of a citrus. There used to be a site called snuffreviews.org that had reviews of a lot of snuffs. If it's still there then it might help you pick.

Yes, I picked up some WTA yesterday. I see a few familiar names in the Aroma forum (yours and stubby included). Looks like us cool kids all hang out in the same places. It's been 32 hours with out a portion of snus and I am feeling content with just WTA. If I was using straight nic I would be very uncomfortable at this point and power chain vaping. It seems like a great product. It scratches the itch WAY better than straight nic. If I would have tried this instead of Snus originally, I probably wouldn't have tried snus.

As much as I like Swedish Snus, constantly having a salty portion under my lip does start to wear thin. It kept me sane for 7 months but its been a nice break.

I am hoping snuff will be another bullet in my gun as well. It appears that the PACT law has pretty much killed the online snuff vendors in the states. Since my orders will be coming from England and other EU nations, I'll be ordering them straight to Canada and not mess with the US PO Box. I'll run the gauntlet with Canada Customs.

Using a snuff bullet seems like an easy and convenient way to carry and use snuff while out and about. Can be used anywhere. I'm excited about trying these new alternatives to see which ones work.

The acrylic bullets hold aprox 1 gram of tobacco (give or take). I saw on a video on Youtube that a bullet holds the rough equivilent of a pack of cigarettes. Since a single cig has 1 gram of tobacco (give or take). No wonder snuff is so inexpensive.

It's sure worth me checking out from a cost point of view. A pack of cigs worth of tobacco would last me a month in stead of a day :)

I placed an order with Mr Snuff last night. I figured I would start with 5 flavors/sents. Total for the 5 snuff + 1 acrylic bullet was 19 bucks. Yes this is an incredibly inexpensive alternative to smoking. This seems like it is even less expensive than normal e-liquid (Which is dirt cheap).

I've been watching tonysnuff video reviews on youtube. Very informative. I guess there is a technique that has to be learned or it can be an unpleasant experience.

I'm pretty excited to try this out. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. :)

I'm going to have to invest in some hankys. I imagine snorting fine brown powder will make some pretty interesting nose clearing episodes. Oh well. I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks.

Doesn't sucking all that dry powder in your nose.... dry out your nose?

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    If you get into snuff beyond light use a neti pot is a good idea. I prefer the sinus rinse

Amazon.com: Neilmed Sinus Rinse Starter Kit (5 packets): Health & Personal Care

Mush faster and easier then a neti pot, and works better. I use it anyway as it does good by my seasonal allergies. Walgreens carries it.

I have a long list of recommended snuffs to try out, but it is all pretty much personal taste.

It is a bit messy, but cheap and really feaking good for what ails you.

My first snuff came in on Friday, WooHooo! I got five 10gr tins to try it out. Dholakia - Swiss Chocolate, Toque Quit, Vanilla, Spanish Gem, and Coke.
    It takes some time to get the technique... the first few bumps shot into my upper sinus and "Wow.... brain freeze stabbing pain" for a few seconds. I'm getting better at it though and am really enjoying it.

I found a really good snuff reviewer, Tonysnuff, on Youtube that helped choose some snuffs and how to use accesories. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU-urCNd7PvhwH7jw9TkvQ/videos

Looks like there is a small community of snuffers on Snuffhouse.org. Similar to snuson.com but snuff isn't nearly as popular as snus.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll be looking into the Sinus Rinse kit.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    My first snuff came in on Friday, WooHooo! I got five 10gr tins to try it out. Dholakia - Swiss Chocolate, Toque Quit, Vanilla, Spanish Gem, and Coke.
    It takes some time to get the technique... the first few bumps shot into my upper sinus and "Wow.... brain freeze stabbing pain" for a few seconds. I'm getting better at it though and am really enjoying it.

I found a really good snuff reviewer, Tonysnuff, on Youtube that helped choose some snuffs and how to use accesories. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU-urCNd7PvhwH7jw9TkvQ/videos

Looks like there is a small community of snuffers on Snuffhouse.org. Similar to snuson.com but snuff isn't nearly as popular as snus.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll be looking into the Sinus Rinse kit.

A few of my go to favorites. I do tend to like SP's and straight tobacco for the bulk of my snuff, but I do venture into the flavored on occasion.

Togue-natural toast
    Togue- original (an SP)
    Togue-SP extra (the same base as the "Quit" but with the SP)
    Kendal- Blue Crest (straight tobacco at it's best)
    Kendal- KB original (No girly street walker perfumes on this one. Smokey manly goodness. This is campfires and burning tar. This will turn boys into men, and if abused, men into whimpering babies)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread