Need some help with DIY juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
I was hoping that one of you experts either had a PDF of all the things needed to make their own e liquid. I.e syringes, bottles, flasks etc.. I've seen the kits but most of them go to 48mg 50/50 mic and the recipes Id like to make start with 100mg of nic. I know I need nic, VG and PG along with flavors, it's the tools I don't know what to get. Wizard labs is out of stock on kits and someone mentioned to me they might do away with them. I vape high VG juices so that's what I'll be making.

I'm a cabinet finisher so I have all the protective gear and than some.

I will send you whatever I make, or I am also a cabinet maker and can make you a juice bottle holder or custom mod stand.

If you want to post it here or through convo I'd greatly appreciate it. I do and will always pay it through to another person.

Thanks
Brian138

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
HI Brian. The first suggestion I make is to find some recipes you'd like to have and make a list of ingredients from them. That way when you get all your gear together you'll have on hand what you need to make the juice. The sticky's have a lot of info in them. You could look at what some of the starter kits have in them and then shop online. I have used amazon looking for some things (never flavor). The following links could help you out.
DIY
RECIPIES
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Cigarette Forum
For recipes only!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum
EcigExpress Archive Cookbook | Your favorite e-liquid recipes
Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes
E-liquid recipes | dot1ml
Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw
diyRecipeBook
Mega TFA / TPA Recipe Thread : DIY_eJuice
Solid list of DIY clones! : DIY_eJuice
ejuicerecipeforum-the place for DIY e-juice lovers
TFA_Vendor's Recipes_06_23_14.pdf - Google Drive
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

MANUFACTURERS
The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
The Hangsen Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera- a few reviews | E-Cigarette Forum
Flavor West DIY flavor review | E-Cigarette Forum
LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages | E-Cigarette Forum
Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings | E-Cigarette Forum

DIY SUPPLIERS
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies
Wizard Labs
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress
DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes
Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids - MyFreedomSmokes
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/
Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors
DIY E-liquid Supplies - Home
Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale
E-liquid Mart

PG/VG
Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade
DudaDiesel - Biodiesel, Chemical & Solar Supplies, Alternative Energy Store

E JUICE CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Glass bottles (best in the long run, they clean easier to reuse)
Glass Bottles, Jars, Closures & More | Packaging Options Direct

Good luck in your journey.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
HI Brian. The first suggestion I make is to find some recipes you'd like to have and make a list of ingredients from them. That way when you get all your gear together you'll have on hand what you need to make the juice. The sticky's have a lot of info in them. You could look at what some of the starter kits have in them and then shop online. I have used amazon looking for some things (never flavor). The following links could help you out.
DIY
RECIPIES
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Cigarette Forum
For recipes only!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum
EcigExpress Archive Cookbook | Your favorite e-liquid recipes
Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes
E-liquid recipes | dot1ml
Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw
diyRecipeBook
Mega TFA / TPA Recipe Thread : DIY_eJuice
Solid list of DIY clones! : DIY_eJuice
ejuicerecipeforum-the place for DIY e-juice lovers
TFA_Vendor's Recipes_06_23_14.pdf - Google Drive
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

MANUFACTURERS
The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
The Hangsen Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera- a few reviews | E-Cigarette Forum
Flavor West DIY flavor review | E-Cigarette Forum
LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages | E-Cigarette Forum
Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings | E-Cigarette Forum

DIY SUPPLIERS
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies
Wizard Labs
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress
DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes
Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids - MyFreedomSmokes
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/
Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors
DIY E-liquid Supplies - Home
Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale
E-liquid Mart

PG/VG
Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade
DudaDiesel - Biodiesel, Chemical & Solar Supplies, Alternative Energy Store

E JUICE CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Glass bottles (best in the long run, they clean easier to reuse)
Glass Bottles, Jars, Closures & More | Packaging Options Direct

Good luck in your journey.
Thank you, yes I have about 12 flavors from TFA I'm getting. Recipes printed out and in a binder. I'm a bit OCD lol

Well, if you ebay bulk syringes, that's where I picked up about a 100 1ml, 100 6ml, and about 10 20ml for about 20$. The syringes, and blunt needle tips are all reusable to a point, if you use nail polish or tape on the markings, they last longer, so a 100 is quite a lot. Unless you are into just throwing them away and not cleaning them after each use(hot water and a little soap). A little isopropyl alcohol helps sterilize the needle tips before I use them, or get a cheap uv sterilizer. I don't have a PDF of the break down, but here is where I start out.

Anyway, if you search luer-loc syringes, you'll find a wide variety of them, from glass, metal, and plastic. All depends on what you are willing to spend for them.

Glass Bottle Outlet is where I got my bottles. 1oz(30ml) are fairly cheap, and spent about 70$ for glass dropper bottles, got about 55 bottles, in various (awesome) colors.

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies (Bull city vapor) is where I get my flavors, and have no qualms with their prices or quality and selection.

If you want 100mg nic Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale is where I would start out. They have pretty good nic, in whatever base you want, and quality pg and vg. EDIT: Also where I got my starter kit for under 60$

I'm not at the point to need beakers, and graduated cylinders, but those will be an investment later on down the road when I start making quantity of the good flavors that come out of testing.

Hope that helps!

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
Well, if you ebay bulk syringes, that's where I picked up about a 100 1ml, 100 6ml, and about 10 20ml for about 20$. The syringes, and blunt needle tips are all reusable to a point, if you use nail polish or tape on the markings, they last longer, so a 100 is quite a lot. Unless you are into just throwing them away and not cleaning them after each use(hot water and a little soap). A little isopropyl alcohol helps sterilize the needle tips before I use them, or get a cheap uv sterilizer. I don't have a PDF of the break down, but here is where I start out.

Anyway, if you search luer-loc syringes, you'll find a wide variety of them, from glass, metal, and plastic. All depends on what you are willing to spend for them.

Glass Bottle Outlet is where I got my bottles. 1oz(30ml) are fairly cheap, and spent about 70$ for glass dropper bottles, got about 55 bottles, in various (awesome) colors.

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies (Bull city vapor) is where I get my flavors, and have no qualms with their prices or quality and selection.

If you want 100mg nic Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale is where I would start out. They have pretty good nic, in whatever base you want, and quality pg and vg. EDIT: Also where I got my starter kit for under 60$

I'm not at the point to need beakers, and graduated cylinders, but those will be an investment later on down the road when I start making quantity of the good flavors that come out of testing.

Hope that helps!
Thank you, this helps so much. So appreciated.

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
Amazon and ebay has been my friend for a lot of DIY stuff I am always searching for the best price and fast shipping

Glass bottles for nic storage in freezer I like the wide mouth bottles for that
LabStock Brand 120ml / 4oz Amber Glass Packer Bottle, Pack of 12: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Syringe's

Amazon.com: 100/BX Syringe 1cc Luer Slip Tip Sterile: Health & Personal Care
Amazon.com: Empty Syringes Only , Disposable, Sterile, 3 mL, 100/Bx: Industrial & Scientific

Blunt tip needles I got these
Dispensing Needle 16ga 0 053ID x 1 1 2" Tip Purple 50pc | eBay

Use these for finished juices not the cheapest but I like the long tips
30ml Empty LDPE Bottles Qty 25 Long Thin Tip DIY Juice PE Fast US SHIP | eBay

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You have already gotten some very good info on places to get what you need. This is my way of using all the goodies once you get them. Of course my way isn't the only way but it works well for me. Hope it helps you.

My KISS method is here Getting my Breaking Bad on | E-Cigarette Forum

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I was hoping that one of you experts either had a PDF of all the things needed to make their own e liquid. I.e syringes, bottles, flasks etc.. I've seen the kits but most of them go to 48mg 50/50 mic and the recipes Id like to make start with 100mg of nic. I know I need nic, VG and PG along with flavors, it's the tools I don't know what to get. Wizard labs is out of stock on kits and someone mentioned to me they might do away with them. I vape high VG juices so that's what I'll be making.

I'm a cabinet finisher so I have all the protective gear and than some.

I will send you whatever I make, or I am also a cabinet maker and can make you a juice bottle holder or custom mod stand.

If you want to post it here or through convo I'd greatly appreciate it. I do and will always pay it through to another person.

Thanks
Brian138

Hi brian,

It looks to me like you need some references on how to get started. Supplies are the simple part. A few syringes an e-juice calculator, a few empty bottles, Flavorings, some PG, VG and NIC and that's it. The hard part is actually mixing your first juice. May I suggest you browse through my blogs which will give you all the information you need on all aspects of DYI. Further I will give you some additional references to look through. Take your time don't over buy and read this material. When your done you will be in far better shape to get started.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
I just got off work and just saw all this incredible info. I cant thank all of you enough for taking the time out of your day to help me with this. Once I get up and running I'll let all of you know what flavors I've made and if you would like some I'll send it to you, or if you ever have an idea for a juice,tank, or mod holder / stand I have all sorts of off cuts of exotic woods.

I will pay it forward. Have to give what you were freely given and you're time will not be in jest, I will follow through and hopefully one day be at a point where I'm helping someone else with DIYing their own nectar.

Best,
Brian

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
If I had one suggestion it would be to start off mixing by weight. It is so much simpler than syringes. I am pretty new and made the switch to mixing by weight a couple months ago. SO MUCH EASIER!

A decent scale can be had on eBay for under 20. A few pipettes and a 1ml syringe or two and you are good

Have fun. I sure do

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reactions: Retro138
I just got off work and just saw all this incredible info. I cant thank all of you enough for taking the time out of your day to help me with this. Once I get up and running I'll let all of you know what flavors I've made and if you would like some I'll send it to you, or if you ever have an idea for a juice,tank, or mod holder / stand I have all sorts of off cuts of exotic woods.

I will pay it forward. Have to give what you were freely given and you're time will not be in jest, I will follow through and hopefully one day be at a point where I'm helping someone else with DIYing their own nectar.

Best,
Brian

You're quite welcome! I just went out and got a drill press and some forstner bits, and a couple pieces of wood. Hoping to make a small vape stand myself!

Reactions: Retro138

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
You're quite welcome! I just went out and got a drill press and some forstner bits, and a couple pieces of wood. Hoping to make a small vape stand myself!
7/8 forstner is good for 22mm things, 1"- 1 1/4" for 15 ml bottles. Those sizes should have come with a set, if that's what you picked up.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
You have already gotten some very good info on places to get what you need. This is my way of using all the goodies once you get them. Of course my way isn't the only way but it works well for me. Hope it helps you.

My KISS method is here Getting my Breaking Bad on | E-Cigarette Forum
Mattie, I wish I had read your syringe technique (.5ml air first!!!) before my first mixing attempts. I thought I knew what I was doing, then when I started mixing, I realized how much flavor was getting "stuck" in the needle. I ended up ditching the needles and just using the syringes, but if I had read your post first I would have been prepared LOL.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mattie, I wish I had read your syringe technique (.5ml air first!!!) before my first mixing attempts. I thought I knew what I was doing, then when I started mixing, I realized how much flavor was getting "stuck" in the needle. I ended up ditching the needles and just using the syringes, but if I had read your post first I would have been prepared LOL.
I am happy to hear that I have helped in some small way. The only syringes I use for my flavorings are ones with the tiny 1/2" blunt tip needles and that .5ml of air works perfectly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread