Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
i was also thinking of getting a volt. but have been convinced into get an ego-c set instead due to the volt's short battery life. maybe i'll get the ego twist battery as well.
The Volt X2 is eGo-sized, but has the more-consistent behavior of their cig-sized batteries and is compatible with them for cartos, so I have 2 of each (1 auto, 1 manual) --I'm finding myself increasingly ignoring the cig-sized one but it was a smooth transition. I use the automatics in the car, since the car is *NOT* an automatic:)

I like the Bloog cartomizers better with the X2, better vapor. .2 ohms less resistance.

High voltage is not needed, high WATTAGE is needed (but not too high!) So people tend to recommend certain cartomizers with certain batteries because of how the equation works out: watts = (volts X volts)/ohms

Jellyy

Jul 7, 2012
US
I would recommend the kgo kit from from hoosier ecigs for your first setup. It has 2 batteries charger etc to get u started and is very reasonably priced. It is 1100mah will last all day and holds 3.7 volts and is 510 threading which allows you to use so much more equip than the 808 threading. It is a little bigger than the mini cigs but will serve u well. Also get a vivi nova and use the 1.8 ohm heads with it. Simple and easy to use and comes highly recommended from most here. I wish I had gotten this at first and would have saved a ton of money on those little batts. This will be a good backup for when u go onto bigger and better things in the future. I love mine and Hoosier ships fast.

Thank you all for your responses. Klynn, thank you especially. I went to hoosier and they are on vacation till Monday. I did add all you mentioned to the cart. I am going to buy this when they open KGO KIT 1100MAH BY SLB. My question is that do I need to get e-liquid with this or do cartridges work as well? I ask only as it mentions that there are cartridges included in the kit.

Also, do I need to get a drip tip?

Thanks again,

J-

Jellyy

Jul 7, 2012
US
I forgot to mention.

While I waited for the weekend to end to end, I went to the local smoke shop to buy a generic e-cig as it was that or the real thing. The only brand they had was inLife Menthol brand. I have to say I was really impressed. Compared to 3 years ago Green Smoke this is pretty good. Feels and looks like the real thing. Very much pleasantly surprised for generobrand. I am wondering if I should just get cartridges for this and stick to it or go with above (KGO KIT 1100MAH BY SLB).

If this cheapo product is good, then I can't even imagine how god KGO is.

Thanks all.

J-

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
jellyy=Everything I recommend I have tried. I hope u will be happy with it . You will need to get your own juice that is the hardest part of the equation. Everyone has a diff taste and I wish I could help you there but can't. At least you will have solid equip. I throw away the pre-filled crap and make my own. I am a big fan of the dark tab eliquid but u may not be. The vivi nova tank is exceptional with the setup. I am using it with the 1.8 to 2.4 ohm heads. All of this is learning experience for most of us. Pls let e know how u like it.

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
If you can handle the size of a sharpie, your vaping world opens up in a beautiful way.

I've tried two cig sized units and was disappointed. I now have three fixed voltage ego style batts. Two 650s (smallish) and a 1100 pass-through (bigger, but more versatile.) I really liked the starrdust I just cracked by using licorice juice (doh) but normal boge cartomers are a second runner up. I'm new to this, but I can say what I know, and the little cartriges that come in ego kits are lame, leak, and the preloaded ones that come with it taste horrible.

Small...ego 650 w a boge carto, no tip (or really the little white plug that it came with as a tip)

Quick, poor quality picture showing the setup I mentioned next to one of those Bic four color pens with a soda can base for size reference:
IMG_3814[1].jpg

Disclaimer: I didn't read all the posts that came in front of me. It was overwhelming. So I'm sure someone else has said what I said, in that case, just consider this affirmation of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread