Nubcakes needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyy

Jul 7, 2012
US
Hi All!

I am new here and very happy I found this forum. I am hoping you can help me in choosing the right product. I am trying to quit smoking and have been smoke free for a week and am dying for a cig atm. So I started looking online for an e- cig.

I have tried years ago green smoke and that at the time did not do the trick.

From the looks of it there has been a lot of progress in this area. I am so confused about all the different products available out there. When I used to buy green smoke, they only had kits and cartridges. Now there are atomizers, flavor drops. etc...very confusing.
:blink:
What I am looking for is a simple, but good system that I can stick to. Nothing crazy, but good quality and reliable. Price is not an issue. Also would really like it to taste and feel like a real cig.

If anyone could possibly make a recommendation of a brand, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

J-

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana

jeffreys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Omaha, Nebr
I've been thinking about getting an actual cig sized pv for when I'm out and about. The only one I've heard mentioned in a positive light so far is Volt, which is made by smokeless image. Battery life is an issue with these small personal vapers as I understand, which is why I started off with a KGO.

Edit: Jixchel beat me to it twice!

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
Most new vapers want to something that looks like a cigarette. I did. The problem is that the batteries in those devices won't last you. I ended up with a couple of ego batteries. They are a little bigger than a cigarette (about the size of a small cigar). They come in 650, 900, & 1000 mAh sizes. A 900 may last you the day. I would also use cartomisers to start with. They are inexpensive and easily refillable. Is there a brick & mortar vape shop near you?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Jellyy

Jul 7, 2012
US
Do you want a device that looks like/is similar is size of a cigarette?
Do you want to be able to use it all day long on a single battery or does switching out batteries not bother you?

For a cigarette size, the Volt is most often reccomended Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Premium Starter Kit - Starter Kits
For something slightly larger there is the kgo KGO kit1100mAh by SLB
I would like it not to look to cheesy, but at this point I am desperate...so whatever resembles the real thing best.

As far as battery life. Battery life is always great, but I don't mind investing into several batteries, so I always have some ready to go.

Thanks Jix

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
The Volt that Jixchel mentioned is the best of the cig look-alikes. It will be much more satisfying than the Green Smoke ecig. Volt also offers the same thing in a bigger battery (longer time between charges) in their X2. I have one of their 900 mah X2's for out ant about and it works very well.

Kgo from KGO kit1100mAh by SLB is also an excellent choice as it is based on the 510 thread system opening up a world of juice delivery systems without adapters.

E Power is another great choice as it is similar to Kgo but uses a replaceable battery and is the best long term investment - Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - EGO E-Power

Finding a juice that tastes like your old cigarettes is probably not going to happen, and in the long term you'll be glad about that. Ecig juices actually taste good compared to tobacco smoke. I advise you to look beyond duplicating the cigarette taste and find a juice flavor your enjoy. Start with some sample kits of very small bottle. Get a dripping atomizer for what ever ecig you choose so that you can easily taste test different juices.

Wishing you the best.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Do yourself and your wallet a favor by starting with nothing less than a 3.7V eGo batt (I recommend the eGo VV Twist) and your choice of atty/carto/clearo/tank!
thumbsup.gif

bobbavet

Moved On
Jul 7, 2012
Australia
Do yourself and your wallet a favor by starting with nothing less than a 3.7V eGo batt (I recommend the eGo VV Twist) and your choice of atty/carto/clearo/tank!
thumbsup.gif

Yeh I agree, the Ego twist is a great starting point, but I was under the impression they wanted a analogue look alike.

I went from an Ego starters kit over to an Ego twist with Stardust clearomiser within a week. The original kit system was messy setup. I only ever use the bat charger that came with it.

MMA1985

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2012
Texas
Yes I too desired a cig look alike. I got the volt and it was a big mistake. You should get yourself a kgo. I heard the ego twist is nice but the 650 mah i heard is as big as the kgo 1100 mah so just forget it for now. The kgo is great with LR cartomizers and atomizers. I use 1.5 ohm atomizers on it for dripping and get nice warm clouds of vapor.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
The volt is a great place to start. The small batteries last about 3-4 hours and they have larger batteries that last as long as 14 hours. They are continually expanding their product line and their cartos last a long time. To top it off, their customer servie is second to none.

Here is a video demonstrating their product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I would recommend the kgo kit from from hoosier ecigs for your first setup. It has 2 batteries charger etc to get u started and is very reasonably priced. It is 1100mah will last all day and holds 3.7 volts and is 510 threading which allows you to use so much more equip than the 808 threading. It is a little bigger than the mini cigs but will serve u well. Also get a vivi nova and use the 1.8 ohm heads with it. Simple and easy to use and comes highly recommended from most here. I wish I had gotten this at first and would have saved a ton of money on those little batts. This will be a good backup for when u go onto bigger and better things in the future. I love mine and Hoosier ships fast.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
If you really want a cig-sized model, the Volt is not the only good one out there. Vapor4Life's XL manual ecigs are terrific. I quit smoking using them and still use them occasionally when I want to remain unobtrusive.

You are absolutely correct, however smokeless image has much better prices. A v4l battery is $25 compared to a 78mm volt which is $14. Their cartos are $2 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread