Need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryguy77

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
I'm thinking about getting a Ibtank, or a RBA(currently using protank V1), but not sure if it will do what I'm looking for.

Here's the problem: For the last 2 1/2 months or so, I lose taste after about 1/2 or 1 complete tank of fluid is used up. It's doesn't matter if it's a new coil, or one that I've used cheesecloth.

I am aware of vapemouth as I've had it before, but it has never lasted this long(if that is what's happening here). I've tried different flavors from different places and the result doesn't change. I'm wondering if it's the delivery device? If this is the case, it would be odd because when I first had these protanks, I didn't have this problem.

Can anyone chime in on this? I don't want to wast money on a new type of tank if that's not going to do the trick. If this problem persists, I'm going just start ordering flavorless liquid as there is no point paying for something I get very little enjoyment from. Guess I need to know if a change in tanks will make vaping as enjoyable as it was when I first started.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
It is probably not your tank. The carto tanks and RBAs will give you better flavor but won't do anything for vapors tongue. I have 7 Ibtanks and same thing happened to me for a while. That is why I have 7. When you lose the flavor that soon then switch to your second tank. Basically keep rotating.

unflavored nic is a great solution as you mentioned, why waste money and use ejuice you can't taste.

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
The main difference for me is that the XL tank goes longer between fills than my LR tanks. I have an IBtanked 22 XL that I fill in the morning and I can go all day and then some with that tank. That is the beauty of the carto tank for me. I prime my carto in the thingy from IBtanked, fill my tank and go. For the next 4 to 5 days I am living a frustration free, vaping my rear end off, kind of life.

For reference, I am using as close to 100% VG as I can get, so my cartos don't last as long as most. I use two hole prepunched from Smoktech and I punch two more holes in them to increase the flow of juice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with New2vaps's commentary. I suspect what the OP is experiencing is a little bit of "vaper's tongue" along with some boredom of using the same tank setup.

I firmly believe that a cartotank will provide better flavor and overall consistancy than any clearo can. The reason is the amount of wick (surface area) in a cartomizer compared to a clearomizer. A clearomizer generally uses just some tiny silica string, which silica is known to not be that great of a flavor carrier.

A cartotank uses polyfill as the wick, more like cotton than silica, and a better flavor carrier. Like cotton, do not allow it to become dry or it will easily develop a burnt taste. Nearly the entire tube is full of wick, so much more surface area to carry e-liquid to the coil.

The one con against using a cartomizer solo is it can be difficult to know when to add liquid to the carto before it starts to burn the wick. Using a carto in a cartotank eliminates this problem, and likely extends the life expectancy of the cartomizer by keeping the wick wet at all times.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

On the other hand, a rebuildable tank like a Kayfun-style RBA is like a cartotank on steroids.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/554710-what-makes-kayfun-so-great.html

I have on occassion used flavorless e-liquid. Vg is naturally sweet and using a flavorless e-liquid might be a nice option when one has a case of vaper's tongue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread