The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

need some help

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Butterflyplane27, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Butterflyplane27

Butterflyplane27 New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    San Antonio, tx
    I have been smoking cigs for 13years n I want to stop, I smoke one pack to one and half packs a day, not sure where to start or what vapor pen to get? I've tried the whole e-cigs n those don't help

2. HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA
    By e-cigs I think you mean cigalikes (look like cigarettes perform horribly)

Egos are usually a starting place for a lot of people. They are stick/pen batteries that last longer and have more power for a better vape.
    I recommend new comers skip that step because "APVs" are better (advanced personal vaporizers). They have even more power than ego batteries, for an even better vape. There are some reasonably cheap yet decent quality ones on the market without a ton of complicated settings.

When buying egos you generally need to buy 2 as most are not "vape while you charge" set ups.
    The MVP 20w is a good starter APV.

Either way you go you will need a tank, The MVP comes with a tank, but most regard it as garbage and unreliable. For the MVP this is a good tank:
    with an Aspire Nautilus BVC. (you will eventually need replacement heads)

as far as liquid goes your best bet is to go to a local vape shop and test some flavors out and see what you like. I know there are a ton of shops in San Antonio (I'm a few hours north of you, just north of Austin in the Round Rock area)!

Here's some good blogs to get you started with terminology and such (they show some older technology, but the categories and what not still apply):
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3230-1-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/5058-10-advancing-up-vaping-ladder-egos-mods.html

Welcome to the forum!

3. jamal01

jamal01 Full Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Markham, ON, Canada
    hey butterfly

I tried to quit cigs by vaping before too, long time ago before they were so popular! It was a brand called Blu and it was those cigarette look alikes.

Now using the type of stuff the above post talked about I have quit smoking!

4. HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA
    I've recommended this stuff to friends and family, and it was successful with helping them make the switch too.

Another good thing about the MVP is it can be used while charging (as long as its not completely drained) and the charge lasts most people a full day or more.

5. SuperTaz

SuperTaz Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Quebec, Canada
    Hello Butterfly and welcome.....you will not regret your investment .

6. Steven G

Steven G Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2014
    Southern California
    Greetings Butterflyplane27 and Welcome to the ECF. I started with a Vision Spinner ll topped with a Aspire Nautilus Tank and still use them as a backup nto my Nautilus on my MVP 2.....................................................Enjoy............................................

7. Withdrewandi

Withdrewandi Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Newcastle
    My advice would also be a MVP and nautilus tank simply because the cig-a likes and such like just won't be enough for someone with your size habit... I was exactly the same and wish I had got my MVP sooner than I did I wouldn't have smoked that extra carton or 2 of cigs if I had

8. rgerber

rgerber Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2014
    Prescott, AZ USA
    MVP with a Nautilus. Great starter kit. Still have it as one of my backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.