Need some quick help PLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
Ok so here goes: I had posted b4 about the VOLT SPINNER & was advised that the outer threads were EGO threading. I have since learned (the hard way) that it's not true. I guess the confusion was in the Volt Spinner VS. the Vision Spinner. So I guess or maybe someone can help me out on this that the outer threading is pretty much a Smokeless Image specific type threading??

So what happened was I ordered an Aspire Ego BDC from NHALER..got it & it didn't fit on my Volt (finding out the hard way as I said) which sucked because I actually contacted them first asking if it would work or not and the answer I got back was yes. But again VOLT/Vision problem perhaps?

So I've been in contact with Drew at nhaler who said I could send it back and exchange it, they don't make Aspire's in an 808 threading so I was just gonna get a 510 and buy an adapter which for some crazy a** reason they sell for $7!!

Then I get contacted by them and he's like well wait tomorrow we're going to get in Igo Aspire's and those will work perfectly on your Volt Spinner. Now I'm about to send this thing back with a note like he said exchanging it for the Igo Aspire and I've asked so many times that Drew is sick of me about the fact of this thing fitting on the Spinner but I go to the site and I don't see where it talks about threading or anything to that effect.

Does anyone have a clue about the Igo Aspire BDC..or what threading it is or if its 808 or the same as the outer threads of the Spinner --- Volt's SPinner that is?

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
SI's about to come out with their own Aspire line for SI batts, so maybe just wait a little while...there's another thread here somewhere...

You got it - it's a Volt/Vision thing. SI's threading is actually VGO, not eGO. Outer threads are the same, but inner threads are different (SI's is 808/eGo's is 510). You can use the BDC you got from NHaler (or any other eGo device) on your SI batt, but you would need an 808->eGo adapter, which you can find almost anywhere else for way less than $7. Or you can exchange it, if that's all he'll let you do. Whenever I see "iGo," it's usually followed by "/808," so it should work.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I’ve never had an IGO device, but it should work. Dac311 posted that he has an IGO Revolver battery that works with the T3 from Smokeless Image. I think that what Nhaler calls IGO threading is the same as S.I.’s VGO threading. If Drew said it would work, I’d believe him.

J.R.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
He is offering an aspire that will fit the spinners. It is the igo threaded. However, the spinners from SI are ego threaded on the outside. The smaller threading is 808 threading. It usually will work ego only threaded devices. It's just that sometimes you can't screw the device all the way down, because the 808 connector is slightly longer than the 510 connector. But in short, yes the igo threaded one will fit a spinner.
Ego = ego threading for the bigger ones, 510 for the smaller one. Igo = ego threading for the bigger ones, 808 for the smaller ones

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
If I were in your situation I would get an 808 to Ego adapter and keep the Aspire that you already have. With 808 devices an adapter is always a good thing to have even if you don't use it very much. Adapters come in handy when you do need them. You can also use them for other delivery devices that you might want to purchase later. While I was at it I would pick up an 808 to 510 adapter as well.

They do add some extra length to the assembly but they don't cost much and they work fine.

Here's a photo example of a Volt Spinner/Evod set up with an 808 to Ego adapter.

Volt Spinner/Protank setup with an 808 to 510 adapter.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Technically speaking, the Volt uses a Vgo thread system, not an Ego thread. The difference between the two is that the Ego includes a 510 connection while the Vgo includes an 808 connection. Some, certainly not all, Ego devices will fit onto Volt batteries like the Spinner or X2. Those that fit do not actually have a full 510 connection inside the outer, Ego, threads. The easiest way to use a true Ego device on an Volt battery is to use an 808/Ego adapter.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
You guys are all say that SI's Spinner is Ego threaded on the outside but I got that Aspire Ego and it was WAY too big to fit...no matter what I did it didn't fit. The threads on the Volt Spinner are smaller than that Aspire Ego's threads were. I have the T3 that SI sells and it fits perfect. I compared the 2 and big difference the Aspires threads were bigger.
I ended up sending it back for what Drew said to send it back for....the Igo Aspire..whatever that is. I may not be "new" exactly but I ain't no expert and I have no idea what an Igo is or what Igo is but all I do hope is --- IT'LL FIT!!

I'm actually lingering on what to buy next..def not goin the 808 route. Everyone's is saying go mod but I just don't know. I was looking into the itaste V3.0 looks like something I'd like plus misthub.com has this awesome starter kit that includes like 5 iclear 16's for $50 but I have never heard of them b4. I don't want something super big & bulky (I am a girl after all ;)) aside from big and super bulky I don't care about what it looks like to others. But I also don't have $70 to spend either...and you figure since all my gear is 808 I'm starting from scratch. So lots to think about....

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The reason your Aspire didn't fit and appeared to be "too big", probably, is that there is an internal 510 connector that prevented it from reaching the Ego threads on the Volt battery. Ego threads are Ego threads whether it is SI/Volt, Ego or whoever. If those threads simply can't get to the mating threads on the battery because the internal 510 connector projects just a little too far, you're stuck with either using an 808/Ego adapter or using a different battery or delivery system.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
You guys are all say that SI's Spinner is Ego threaded on the outside but I got that Aspire Ego and it was WAY too big to fit...no matter what I did it didn't fit. The threads on the Volt Spinner are smaller than that Aspire Ego's threads were. I have the T3 that SI sells and it fits perfect. I compared the 2 and big difference the Aspires threads were bigger.
I ended up sending it back for what Drew said to send it back for....the Igo Aspire..whatever that is. I may not be "new" exactly but I ain't no expert and I have no idea what an Igo is or what Igo is but all I do hope is --- IT'LL FIT!!

I'm actually lingering on what to buy next..def not goin the 808 route. Everyone's is saying go mod but I just don't know. I was looking into the itaste V3.0 looks like something I'd like plus misthub.com has this awesome starter kit that includes like 5 iclear 16's for $50 but I have never heard of them b4. I don't want something super big & bulky (I am a girl after all ;)) aside from big and super bulky I don't care about what it looks like to others. But I also don't have $70 to spend either...and you figure since all my gear is 808 I'm starting from scratch. So lots to think about....

You don't have to go mod - if you're happy with the Spinner size, you could get them in 510 versions too. I still use Spinners (after over 2 years of vaping), cuz mods feel uncomfortably thick to me. But if you're gonna get regular eGo batts, make sure you get "eGo-C" or "EVOD" batts - those are regulated, like SI's batts are. And again, your 808s don't have to go to waste - SI's coming out with their own Aspire line, along with some other new devices that you might like.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
I just checked SI and they do have the whole Aspire line out. I'm waiting for my Aspire Igo in the mail...should fit hopefully. Just ordered the itaste VV 3.0 pretty excited about it! I was going to go for a box mod but I like my batteries dainty - what can I say I'm a girly girl!

Ya maybe something was up with the Aspire EGO that I got who knows? Any clues on where to get some basic 510 carto's? I always went with Bloog Maxx Fusion but those are 808...I don't really like going with cartos but I do like having them as back ups. My itaste VV should be coming and all I'll have are the iclear 16's it comes with...I need some cartomizers.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I just checked SI and they do have the whole Aspire line out. I'm waiting for my Aspire Igo in the mail...should fit hopefully. Just ordered the itaste VV 3.0 pretty excited about it! I was going to go for a box mod but I like my batteries dainty - what can I say I'm a girly girl!

Ya maybe something was up with the Aspire EGO that I got who knows? Any clues on where to get some basic 510 carto's? I always went with Bloog Maxx Fusion but those are 808...I don't really like going with cartos but I do like having them as back ups. My itaste VV should be coming and all I'll have are the iclear 16's it comes with...I need some cartomizers.

I basically use Volt gear but have a few batts with 510 threads. Like the cute little eGo minis. :) 510 cartos can be found at lots of vendors, but I like SI's cartos and use them on my 510 batts with an 808-510 adapter. I got some 808D/901-510 short adapters from smoktek. They add just 1/16 inch in length. That way I can use SI cartos on both Volts and 510 batts.

That's just a thought, but if you want 510 cartos most vendors that sell hardware will have them. I don't know the best places to buy them, though.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
I basically use Volt gear but have a few batts with 510 threads. Like the cute little eGo minis. :) 510 cartos can be found at lots of vendors, but I like SI's cartos and use them on my 510 batts with an 808-510 adapter. I got some 808D/901-510 short adapters from smoktek. They add just 1/16 inch in length. That way I can use SI cartos on both Volts and 510 batts.

That's just a thought, but if you want 510 cartos most vendors that sell hardware will have them. I don't know the best places to buy them, though.

That might be a good idea actually.. I have alot of 808 carto's left -- not from Volt but from Bloog as well as V2's EX blanks (I think thats what they're called) I actually like them alot u should check them out. I ordered the ones that were still in beta and then the one's when they were out of beta and IMHO the one's in beta are better...they still sell those and they are cheaper! They work great on the little batteries and on the bigger ones too.

I've been thinkin of buying an adapter and now that I have my itaste coming I think it's a great idea...I'll check out smoktech. I bought my Aspire from Nhaler and they had them for like $7 which is expensive, I know I've seen them for like $3.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
That might be a good idea actually.. I have alot of 808 carto's left -- not from Volt but from Bloog as well as V2's EX blanks (I think thats what they're called) I actually like them alot u should check them out. I ordered the ones that were still in beta and then the one's when they were out of beta and IMHO the one's in beta are better...they still sell those and they are cheaper! They work great on the little batteries and on the bigger ones too.

I've been thinkin of buying an adapter and now that I have my itaste coming I think it's a great idea...I'll check out smoktech. I bought my Aspire from Nhaler and they had them for like $7 which is expensive, I know I've seen them for like $3.

You can buy 808-510 adapters from a lot of vendors. The 'short' ones are available at smoktek.com. I don't like to mention other vendor's names but since SI doesn't sell adapters I thought it would be okay. I think I saw them at another vendor once but can't remember where. The regular and short adapters work the same. I just like the shorter one cause it doesn't add much length to the setup.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA

SI sells pretty much the same thing as the ex betas. I think they are called the mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread