Need some suggestions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I like unusual RDAs and I like dual coil airy RDAs. I recently got an Elder Dragon rda that I really like. It's a single coil rda that has an open airflow and it it is quite unusual. I've had a few single coil RDAs in the past that I really didn't care for. With the PMTA coming up very quickly I would like to know if there are any other single coil RDAs out there that would compare to the Elder Dragon. What I definitely don't want is any MTL single coil RDAs. I'm looking for open airflow single coil RDAs. What can you recommend? Thank you.
P.S. nothing from Vandy vape or Hellvape.

• Winner
Reactions: Electrodave

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
I only use single coil squonk rda's and tend to like a bit more open draw, the b2k is super airy, Psyclone citadel is a little too airy for me, adveken gorge if you can find one, wotofo nudge 22, i havent tried them but the asmodus .blank and barrage both are 24mm single coils with 810 drip tips.... oh maybe a Flave 24 my personal favorites are the Haku phenom and cruiser

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Also have a look at the NarCa RDA clone.
    $6.44 Coppervape NarCa Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 22mm diameter / 316 stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    It's airy yet slightly restricted. The airflow is turbulent, but still smooth and it's noisy :D
    But the flavour is what makes it aso unique. It just makes your mixes taste so different compared to other RDAs. Somehow it brings out notes, you didn't even know were there.
    This is a great review on it:
    [Review; Squonkuary, day 5] NarCA (Coppervape) : electronic_cigarette

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Take a peek at the Axial as well. You have the option of single or dual coil use with lots of airflow adjustment options. It's nicely machined and finished. It's also on sale at AREliquid for $10 from $40. I use it with a single 3.5 mm coil and the 3 airflow holes open vs. a slot configuration which would give more air, and be more appropriate for a dual coil build. The flavor is great, with plenty of cloud. Probably the best balance I've found that can offer flavor and cloud and multiple building techniques.

You might also like to take a look at a Wick'd. You can find the clone at the usual FT source. It's single coil with three different airflow configuration blocks, full slot, 2 or 3 holes, you mount the one you want. I use the 2 air holes as thy're fairly big, so a nice mild restrictive draw. If your mount the slot block it would be a very nice DLish draw with good cloud and great flavor.

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Take a peek at the Axial as well. You have the option of single or dual coil use with lots of airflow adjustment options. It's nicely machined and finished. It's also on sale at AREliquid for $10 from $40. I use it with a single 3.5 mm coil and the 3 airflow holes open vs. a slot configuration which would give more air, and be more appropriate for a dual coil build. The flavor is great, with plenty of cloud. Probably the best balance I've found that can offer flavor and cloud and multiple building techniques.

You might also like to take a look at a Wick'd. You can find the clone at the usual FT source. It's single coil with three different airflow configuration blocks, full slot, 2 or 3 holes, you mount the one you want. I use the 2 air holes as thy're fairly big, so a nice mild restrictive draw. If your mount the slot block it would be a very nice DLish draw with good cloud and great flavor.
    It's funny you mention the Axial. I have one and it's one of those RDAs I want to like but don't. I might have to play with it some more with a single coil set up. I can't get anything from AREliquids because for some reason they don't ship to Kalifornia. I'll look at the Wick'd. Thanks.

Reactions: Eskie

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I'd also suggest a Flave (24mm, and the original over the EVO).
    I don't have an Elder Dragon, but might get one...
    Have you got a Nudge? It's a better-than-it's-price RDA - dual on the 24 tho. 22mm is single, and a bit less air, but I think they're mostly gone.

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned. I bought a second one: Asmodus Barrage.
    NON-adjustable airflow - but it's pretty open. Not crazy open, but it's right in my range...
    Available all over the place, about $35
    upload_2019-12-18_11-53-17.png

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    I only use single coil squonk rda's and tend to like a bit more open draw...

That's me! Must have twenty-five+ small drippers with restricted draw that put your lips a few millimeters from the coil to deliver terrific flavor. But they sit on my desk since finding the Wotofo Recurve RDA (single coil) which has become my exclusive squonk RDA. They are hard to find but can be ordered directly from Wotofo for $25. Might want to pickup a Wotofo Serpent RTA for $20 while on the site. Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I’ll second a Flave as worth a try. It is a restricted DL but fairly airy for a 22 mm single coil. The other one I think was already mentioned is the NarCa. Quite a bit of airflow, although I think almost too much for the small chamber size. Flavor is excellent but it does produce more cloud than the usual.

A sleeper among dual coils (yes you’re looking for single but bare with me) is the clone Reload X. The air is funneled from the top down to come up under the coil for that great flavorful vape, but given the air path it’s a very mildly restrictive DL, not a full on dual coil cloud maker. I specified the clone as apparently folks the the original were upset that the clone was not a 1:1 and ended up with better airflow than the authentic. Something about the clone surrounding the bottom of the coil better. I can say it’s a dual coil atty I can use all day and be comfortable, although somewhat cloudier than my usual vape. I can’t say the same for any other of my dual coil attys which get used, but not in an adv rotation.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    A sleeper among dual coils (yes you’re looking for single but bare with me) is the clone Reload X.
    I bet he's got the X already;)
    Aside from that the Reload S is way better imo. Better flavor and much smoother airflow. The SXK clone is top notch, and as far as I'm concerned, it looks absolutely gorgeous without the stupid branding that's all over the authentic.
    But i guess Don has that one as well:D

Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I bet he's got the X already;)
    Aside from that the Reload S is way better imo. Better flavor and much smoother airflow. The SXK clone is top notch, and as far as I'm concerned, it looks absolutely gorgeous without the stupid branding that's all over the authentic.
    But i guess Don has that one as well:D
    I have the Reload X but not the S. The couple of single coil RDAs I've had in the past I really didn't care for and got rid of. The Elder Dragon is the first one I really enjoy also far. I obviously need broaden my horizons.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Reload S aside, which I believe will be right up your alley, you might want to take a look at the Wasp Nano.
    It's tiny and has only a small juicewell, but it has plenty of airflow and produces very, very good flavor and cloud density. Play a little with coil height, or you may encounter whistling. I like it as a dripper as well as squonker.
    For 10 bucks worth every single penny imo.

Although not my absolute favorite when it comes down to flavor, the Recurve is very nice as well. Don't get me wrong, the flavor is definetively above average, but its biggest pro is the the airflow imo. It's the smoothes and most quiet of all the atties on this list. Very enjoyable.
    The juicewell is literally non-existant, but it absolutely shines in squonk mode, because you can squonk almost up to the top of the coil without leaking.

The Entheon is still one of my favorite single coil RDAs.
    Good flavor and density, but it's slightly more restrictive than the former three, although far from MTL. Very squonk friendly as well. The included proprietary driptips are garbage because they're way too short imo, but the original OBS Engine RTA driptip with the included 510 adapter is a perfect match for example.
    Good clones available too.

You might try the Oumier VLS with a single horizontal coil. Placed slightly higher than the lower 2 airflowholes, I enjoy it even more than the vertical setups.

I hate the NarCa, NarDa and such with passion. Overhyped junk imo. Ymmv.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread