Need something other then these Kanger MT3's (suggestions please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm fairly new here to the vaping world and these forums in general. I got tons of help on picking out some nice products to upgrade to.

I use a Ego Twist and a Vision Spinner battery. So far the tops me and my girl have used were Kanger MT3's. The first few days they were simply amazing. However now no matter what we do unless we're just extremely lucky the dang things gurgle all the time. This is usually followed by juice being shot up into our mouths.

Honestly it's really starting to piss me off lol. I simply cannot get a good clean hit anymore.

Seeing as how there seems to be about a million different products out there to use for your clearomizer I was looking for some suggestions on some good ones. I've heard amazing things about the Protank II's and III's that are coming out soon but honestly they are made by the same people and from what I gather even use the same replaceable head. If that's the case there is no "review" in the world that will convince me to give Kanger anymore money. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a world of difference between the pro tanks and the MT3's?

Aside from that would there be any other tanks you guys would suggest that fall around the same price range as the MT3's? Ones that do not have a "I'm going to gurgle/leak all over you 15/16 hits." complex.

Thanks!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Kanger MT3's generally are pretty good - and you may be able to revive yours.
Gurgling and leaking up the tube can come from a few things - you should check:
Replace the coil/head. It MIGHT be shot, or might need cleaning at least.
Make sure the coil/head is screwed in tightly - finger tight, not crazy tight.
Get a pipecleaner or something through the airtube - get it clean and dry.
When refilling, be REAL careful not to let any juice get down the airtube.

I like ProTank Minis and Protanks on an Ego battery - but I also like EVODs and T3's. All Kanger stuff...

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Get the T3S. Not T3. The seal is improved and you can remove the head from the base = cheaper replacing/rebuilding. I have six of them and they do fantastic. They only gurgle if my wick is overused and they can't absorb liquid anymore and just floods the chamber, which then I just rinse and dry burn.

If you also have some extra coin get the Protank 2 (or 3). I have two PT2s that work great. Flavor and Vapor are much better on the PT2 than my T3Ss.

TafkanX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
If you're on an ego battery I'd go with the Mini Protank 2, the full-sized protanks look a bit silly on smaller devices in my opinion. It's a sharp-looking little clearomizer, has a pyrex tank so none of your liquids will crack it (and glass is just classier), and is pretty reliable in my experience.

That said, follow the advice mentioned above to solve your current gurgling/leaking issues.

My two cents worth (give or take for inflation) about the T3 family...

1) Avoid ANY strong mint or menthol juices with them, especially spearmint, clove, and cinnamon. The mouthpiece will separate because the oils in the juice weaken the plastic just above where the mouthpiece meets the body.
2) If you're using the original style bottom coils, I've found that replacing the wick with two small pieces of cotton twine is a cost-effective way to keep the coils going much longer. All you have to do is remove the air tube by rocking it gently back and forth while pulling up on it - once removed, use tweezers to gently remove as much of the old wick as possible. If you have to pull hard at all, STOP - that means the portion you're trying to remove is wound into the coil itself and shouldn't be removed. Cut two small pieces of twine and lay them into place with even amounts of the twine out each side, then replace the air tube, reassemble, fill, wait two minutes or so, and start vaping. I've got about 10 coils that are between six and nine months old still going strong by just replacing the wick with twine.
3) Go with the MT3 family. Costs a little more, but much more durable - they'll survive a drop that would crack/break a T3. In my opinion, the stainless steel looks good with any battery.

I'm going with what TafkanX said - the Protank II Mini. Same general size as the T3/MT3, but glass and has a removable mouthpiece that can be steel or aluminum - no more melted mouthpieces for me! (I vape strong menthol, mint, and combinations of both most of the time.) I'll still have a couple of MT3s for fruit and light flavors, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread